Bromley vs Torquay 04/02/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Bromley vs Torquay 04/02/17

Post by Louis »

So this Saturday we are away to Bromley, can we bag another 3 crucial points? Are you going? Predictions please.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

If Rooney's loan is extended and Hodgkiss is available at the back then I am in hope of at least a clean sheet..

1-0 united.

Williams to score
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Sorry, no. Our away form is dreadful. Thus:

Bromley (2) 3
TUFC (1) 1

Att: 801
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

This is gonna be a difficult one. Bromley have won 5 of the last 6 games at home. And our away form is not good at all. A point would be great. Prediction 2-2. Young and Williams with the goals.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

As people have already pointed out our away record is poor. Lets turn things around and make it feel like a HOME GAME. Bromley have an average attendance of 1217, lets take the place over. Can we take 400 plus, lets together shoot for the stars.

Therefore I beg you to make this away trip and make it a day to remember.
> Lets empty Devon for the day.
> Take a friend (or two).
> London based supporters make this short trip.
> South / East supporters make this short trip.
> Time for The Drum again, can this be sorted!
> Make the place rock to Yellow Army.

Together we the supporters can help, stand as one and support the club we love.
See you on Saturday, come on you YELLOWS.............
SWLondonGull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by SWLondonGull »

Nick Potkins wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 14:09 As people have already pointed out our away record is poor. Lets turn things around and make it feel like a HOME GAME. Bromley have an average attendance of 1217, lets take the place over. Can we take 400 plus, lets together shoot for the stars.

Therefore I beg you to make this away trip and make it a day to remember.
> Lets empty Devon for the day.
> Take a friend (or two).
> London based supporters make this short trip.
> South / East supporters make this short trip.
> Time for The Drum again, can this be sorted!
> Make the place rock to Yellow Army.

Together we the supporters can help, stand as one and support the club we love.
See you on Saturday, come on you YELLOWS.............
Agreed, am going +5, any decent boozers to go to beforehand??
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

I can't comment on Boozers, I am sure someone will tell us.

However, I do know entry is only £15, £10 concessions, £5 students.... It must be worth the trip - BRING A MATE............
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Am going +1. There is not a lot in the way of pubs in the immediate proximity, but Bromley itself is close by, about a 15 minute walk away, and has plenty of drinking establishments, including a Wetherspoons pub called the Greyhound. Aside from that there is the Social Club at the stadium, called Ravens Bar.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

this match is segregated. Don't think we have access to Ravens Bar...the club website just says that away supporters have access to outside catering & we're only allocated uncovered terracing for standing. Anyone who needs seating should ring the Club on 020 8460 5291.
We won't have the drum.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

taxilady wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 18:47 this match is segregated. Don't think we have access to Ravens Bar...the club website just says that away supporters have access to outside catering & we're only allocated uncovered terracing for standing. Anyone who needs seating should ring the Club on 020 8460 5291.
We won't have the drum.
Best get yersen down the music shop pronto then Nina. I'm sure you'd do a great fill in job for Danny. ;-)
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

taxilady wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 18:47 this match is segregated. Don't think we have access to Ravens Bar...the club website just says that away supporters have access to outside catering & we're only allocated uncovered terracing for standing. Anyone who needs seating should ring the Club on 020 8460 5291.
We won't have the drum.
Why is the match segregated? have the Police advised segregation? I guess that means were allocated the North Terrace which is also open to the elements so hope it doesn't rain. They might set up a temporary bar facility set-up inside the ground near to the turnstiles, so you can drink your beer in the rain - thanks Bromley. Think I shall head to the town and take the 15 min walk to the ground.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

Yorkieandy wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 20:02 Best get yersen down the music shop pronto then Nina. I'm sure you'd do a great fill in job for Danny. ;-)
need you back with your drum Andy !!! And where were you when we played at York ? Looked everywhere for you ! :slap:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Are ALL Plainmoor matches not segregated?

MellowYellow ~ What a ridiculous moan for the sake of moaning........if you don't want to use the away facility apply some brain power and go in the home areas as I nearly always do. If you want to drink indoors, go to the nearest pub up the road as most sensible people will.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Your right Merse, I acknowledge your perils of wisdom. I will do as you suggest and go into the heart of the Bromley end with my TU replica shirt, singing a few renditions of 'Come on you Yellows' And there was me thinking I would have been thrown out by the stewards, when all along, all one needs to do is apply your brain power theory and 'hey presto' supporter segregation is overridden. See you in the Bromley end then Merse. I sure you will be easy to spot kitted out in your yellow army attire (possibly being dragged out kicking and screaming by the stewards, but I will reserve judgement).

Think I stated I was going into town for a drink, no pub up or down the road from the ground Merse to save you looking.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

MellowYellow wrote: 03 Feb 2017, 00:03 I will do as you suggest and go into the heart of the Bromley end with my TU replica shirt, singing a few renditions of 'Come on you Yellows' Think I stated I was going into town for a drink, no pub up or down the road from the ground Merse to save you looking...........
There is a fine pub only ten minutes walk from the ground that welcomes away fans and is highlighted on BTPIR ~ Rendezvous board with it's own thread this week.

Part of going into someone else's backyard/pub and being made hospitably welcome is knowing how to dress/behave. I'll leave it to the differences of opinion between you and I as to how to conduct myself. Last as season ~ as part of the match ball sponsorship ~ I enjoyed their directors box hospitality, dressed and behaved respectfully and had no problems. Thea Bristow always wears her TU hat and scarf, annoys all and sundry with her plastic clackers but doesn't get thrown out; and neither have I ever been thrown out for inappropriate behaviour to the section of the ground I am in.

I shall be on that open terrace this season because I am not part of the match ball sponsorship. To the best of my memories of having been on the ground before, the facilities for away fans are no different than those for home fans on those mainly open terraces no matter which side of the fence you choose to stand. It's non league football with all it's vagaries of differing facility and Bromley are an energetic little club expanding generically as they go ~ good luck to them ~ they are nice people; just go and enjoy yourself whilst recognising their need to adhere to their local authority safety standards so as to minimise police/stewarding costs. It's their ground; they run it as they see fit and we are visitors.

Oh; and I very much doubt this pile of poorly set-up poo currently representing our football club in this the lowest status football we have ever been playing in on the pitches of the National League, will give you much cause to sing and shout anyway! :scarf: