Torquay v Gateshead 28/01/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Burnhamgull wrote: 28 Jan 2017, 18:56 I enjoyed that today.

The defence looked more organised with Raccine and Hodgkiss at the back. LRT still worries me greatly at left back but one step at a time. We rode our luck for a period in the second half when Gateshead played their own version of "Let's see how many chances we can fluff" but hey we've played that game before now so lets enjoy much needed luck.

Crowd was poor but as somebody else has said, that's what happens when years of dross degenerates into a pub team mentality and level of professionalism.

I thought Williams did ok on his own up front but more importantly, when he gets a chance, you believe he can score. He took his goal well and deserves to stay in the team.

Rooney did very well when he came on, took his goal well and will play at a higher level, like McDonald.

Lastly, I'd like Reid to partner Williams up front in the next game. I think Reid makes up for Williams lack of work rate and they could work together quite well.
We are not good enough to play 4-4-2 at the moment, this is where Hargreaves went wrong. We need to take it steady we've gained a bit of confidence just keep the formation play Young deeper and put Chaney where he was Richards needs resting after that yesterday.The passing was terrible yesterday.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Burnhamgull wrote: 28 Jan 2017, 18:56

Crowd was poor but as somebody else has said, that's what happens when years of dross degenerates into a pub team mentality and level of professionalism.

If you're referring to the size of the crowd I think it is bloody amazing we can still get 1500 to turn up given the shite that has been dished up in recent years.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Burnhamgull wrote: 28 Jan 2017, 18:56 I enjoyed that today.

The defence looked more organised with Raccine and Hodgkiss at the back. LRT still worries me greatly at left back but one step at a time. We rode our luck for a period in the second half when Gateshead played their own version of "Let's see how many chances we can fluff" but hey we've played that game before now so lets enjoy much needed luck.

I thought Williams did ok on his own up front but more importantly, when he gets a chance, you believe he can score. He took his goal well and deserves to stay in the team.

Rooney did very well when he came on, took his goal well and will play at a higher level, like McDonald.

Lastly, I'd like Reid to partner Williams up front in the next game. I think Reid makes up for Williams lack of work rate and they could work together quite well.

This is a shame - and typical luck for us........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38796273
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Racine got injured straight away whilst on loan at York a few months back. Not at match level yet either. Amazed Nico brought him in really with this in mind. Nico is still doing a decent job there though and he will make mistakes. So long as they aren't as numerous in number as those of Knill and Hargreaves then Torquay will be ok.