Maidstone v Torquay 21/01/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Glostergull - who is suggesting that Williams penalty miss was the managers fault? However playing Harrad up front as a lone striker most definitely was.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

& Braintree got a point
5 out of 7 teams below us got points today
looking good
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

brucie wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 17:00 This is quite frankly embarrassing. We are a rudderless ship. New owners don't give a shit. The manager despite the financial constraints isn't up to it.

Desperate team selection from Nicholson today - how the hell can you play (legs have gone) Harrad as a lone striker. Bringing back a half fit Luke Young on a plastic pitch.

And leaves out his new signing Lee (a recognised right back) because he isn't ready apparently.

I'm sorry but Nicholson has to go - I appreciate he has had a difficult time but we are going down as things stand.
I commented on Twitter on how dropping Lee would hardly raise his confidence. Got a like from none other than Steve Tully. He's been very critical of team selection recently notably while commentating. Waiting in the wings perhaps?

As for Harrad, last season he wasn't a goalscoring threat - don't know how many he got but it wasn't many - but he was good pattern for Blissett for whom he could lay it off to. Now Blissett's gone and I don't know what Harrad's function is. Can't see him delivering much while he's here.
Last edited by Orange Gull on 21 Jan 2017, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Glostergull wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 16:57 can someone please tell me why Brett Williams missing his penatly was Nichos fault. doh. all Willams had to do is hit the target away from where the goalleeper was. he made the wrong choice and Nicho has no control over that. we havent got any players to change the choices of players who play. we cant afford them. and the chances of signing any are next to slim with what we have.
I was being ironic in that he gets the blame for everything.
TUST No 278
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

Back to back defeats to teams below us in the table. Nicho is taking us to Conference South.

GI might not know much about football but surely they know Nicho is out of his depth. He should never have been appointed and was one of a number of appalling decisions made by the previous board that has taken the club to the brink of oblivion.

Nicho's decision to start Harrad today instead of Williams beggars belief. Williams has now scored in back to back games off the bench but no doubt will be on the bench again next week. I don't care how lazy Williams is he is much more likely to score than over the hill Harrad.

It's up to Nicho to get the best out of the players and he is failing miserably. Lee is the latest in a long line of poor loan signings who either cant get in the team or make no difference when selected. He clearly can't motivate the team, his tactics are questions and his after match comments are an embarrassment. He needs to go.

Nicho out.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Guildford Gull wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 17:20 Back to back defeats to teams below us in the table. Nicho is taking us to Conference South.

GI might not know much about football but surely they know Nicho is out of his depth. He should never have been appointed and was one of a number of appalling decisions made by the previous board that has taken the club to the brink of oblivion.

Nicho's decision to start Harrad today instead of Williams beggars belief. Williams has now scored in back to back games off the bench but no doubt will be on the bench again next week. I don't care how lazy Williams is he is much more likely to score than over the hill Harrad.

It's up to Nicho to get the best out of the players and he is failing miserably. Lee is the latest in a long line of poor loan signings who either cant get in the team or make no difference when selected. He clearly can't motivate the team, his tactics are questions and his after match comments are an embarrassment. He needs to go.

Nicho out.
:goodpost: I agree completely.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Tully is certainly not the answer, we need someone in the mold of buckle or colin lee, people with contacts and know how, williams clearly needs to start, to goals from the bench says it all, one of the highest paid players sitting on the bench and probably our only source of goals at the moment.
never mind GI, THE BUCK STOPS WITH THE MANAGER, HIS SELECTION IS POOR AND SOME OF HIS SIGNINGS ARE POOR AND CHOICE OF CAPTAIN ARE POOR.