Torquay v Woking 14/01/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

MellowYellow wrote: 12 Jan 2017, 17:11 It might happen!

GI are planning new strategies and preparing a series of staff decisions at Plainmoor, but they have had to hold off implementing them until the National League gives their 'nod'. The National League committee meet on 19 January.

I know it's a wild shot, as much chance as it snowing in Torquay this week?
Word is he looks like signing for Ipswich according to independent Ipswich site TWTD.
Its time for Nico to use Williams properly instead of arseing on about work rate and the like.
Wouldn't be surprised if GI dump Nico, he has had it coming for a long while.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yep, cannot for the life of me fathom out why a manager should keep his job when he's lost his best centre back, best central midfielder and only natural centre forward. I mean that's only the spine of a team he's lost in half a season.

Agree with you about Williams though!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

The word on Moore is true......
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Goody2514
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Goody2514 »

I thought last Saturday was bad, but today was shocking. Why leave it so long before we matched them up? Subs should of been made earlier. No point waiting and waiting. Sad day today. long week now before the next one.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Little doubt Nicholson will keep his job until the 19th January. I agree with the site manager. Nicholson has lost it because the those "in charge" have lost their way. We are currently spineless.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Which word Burnham.. Ipswich ? Us. ? ....
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

that was horrific

Special mention for LRT and Richards who both were a disgrace! Captain rubbish blaming even the pitch for his inability to dp anything!

Verma and Mcginty not bad

Sparkes and Fitzpatrick willing runners but never beat their full backs

Reid.marked out of the game and should have scored in the first half

And to save us from the bench in steps Chaney - uselss

At least Williams trys dont know what the isue is with him not starting, is shaun - cant get into the wrehxam team - Harrard better?
Burrito Bandito
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Burrito Bandito »

That was a painful watch. Woking can feel harshly done by to have not kept a clean sheet. We were abysmal from start to finish. We made a team a good deal below us look by world beaters. Moore made some good saves to save us from further embarrassment. I loathe to say it can't get any worse from a playing perspective.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Hells Teeth That was woeful
Sorry but it is time for KN to go [and take his captain with him who is truly dreadful]
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

The problem with Nicholson appears to be that he is incapable of motivating his team which is one of the main requirements of a successful manager. You can list all the excuses you like SG but unless he is able to motivate his players he will never be successful. There must be some ability there to score 5 goals and win against a near top team.
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

The problem with Nicholson appears to be that he is incapable of motivating his team which is one of the main requirements of a successful manager. You can list all the excuses you like SG but unless he is able to motivate his players he will never be successful. There must be some ability there to score 5 goals and win against a near top team.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm not making excuses, just balancing the argument with fact and not emotion.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I can't honestly see how it is Nicholson's fault. What other manager could do any different with a team consisting of Western League players?

I hate to say I told you so (yet again) but earlier in the thread I did tell you we would more than likely lose and look what happened.

Two really damaging defeats which mean that we could most likely be relegated this season.

Can we sink any lower? - continual downsizing. Anyone who is half decent ends up leaving and are not replaced, and we are owned by people who really don't care. Depressing or what?
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Appreciate Nicho has lost some key players but his recruitment has been nothing short of awful at times!
He's brought in GG as a replacement for Gus who is a player even worse than Gerring!
He's brought LRT in despite everyone knowing he wasn't good enough last time, and he's only played at this level or below since so he's obviously not got any better!
Then he brings in Lathrope who if you spoke to any Aldershot fan he would have told you his legs (or groin) have gone.
Then we lose Bliss and he brings in Harrad, a player who scored 3 in 18 for us last season, I thought he couldn't do any worse than that, oh no this season he's scored 2 in 18 in a supposed better side than us!

I know we have a small budget but that is why it is so critical that we don't waste money on players! And don't get me started on the choice of Richards as captain, Jesus, 1500 there today, we'll be lucky to get 1200 in two weeks time. On a slightly positive note, good to see Alex Rowe was a guest of GI today, having him on the board would be a positive step wouldn't it?
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Also must add that Boreham Wood and Woking both came to plainmoor on the back of 7 game winless runs. I can forgive the lack of talent but the lack of passion to go through a player or get back up and win the ball today was embarrassing, Murtagh bullied both Verma and Richards (our captain and vice captain). Reid was having to drop so deep to try and get on the ball because neither Verma or Richards would take ownership of the central midfield. Let's all pray for Youngy's knee because without him Plainmoor is going to be a depressing place to visit!