Torquay v Boreham Wood 07/01/17

Matchday topics are moved here for easier viewing.

Topic author
portugull
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 899
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 19:27
Favourite player: lee mansell

Torquay v Boreham Wood 07/01/17

Post by portugull » 04 Jan 2017, 17:10

After scoring 9 goals in the last 2 games can we attract a gate of 2,750 on Saturday?

Come on Torquay now is the time to show you care about your team and get down to Plainmoor.


brucie
Player Manager
Player Manager
Posts: 2782
Joined: 06 Sep 2010, 17:51

Post by brucie » 04 Jan 2017, 17:13

No

User avatar

happytorq
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1876
Joined: 07 Sep 2010, 02:21
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Location: Newtown, Connecticut, USA

Post by happytorq » 04 Jan 2017, 17:40

let me channel Wivelgull for a minute


I agree with brucie
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.

TUST member 74
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now


bixieupnorth
VIP
VIP
Posts: 6303
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 12:47
Location: sheffield

Post by bixieupnorth » 04 Jan 2017, 18:08

its a no from me too
still keeping the faith


Gulliball
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2479
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 14:04
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Location: Edinburgh

Post by Gulliball » 04 Jan 2017, 18:42

Forest Green brought 218 fans with them, and Boreham Wood brought 24 to Plainmoor last season (albeit on a Tuesday night), so we're going to need about an extra 150 Torquay fans going just to cover that.

Then you have people (like myself as an example) that have moved away from Torquay but were home for the festive period. I am now 500+ miles away again and not going to be there on Saturday.

Boxing Day in itself always has a higher than usual attendance as it is a tradition, as well as usually being an attractive local (ish) fixture.

Coming off some good form and a few goals you might get a slight boost, but losing all these other factors is too much to even get close. Over 2000 would be a very good crowd given the circumstances.

In our last 8 matches, the number of home fans has been as follows (in order): 1857, 1746, 1568, 1515, 1438, 1391, 1238, 2322. Take out the FGR game and week by week we lost approximately home 100 fans per game. To get 2000 there we would need 1900+ home fans, which we haven't had since the opening two games of the season.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats


Topic author
portugull
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 899
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 19:27
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull » 04 Jan 2017, 19:55

Sadly I know you are all correct. However I am going to phone a minimum of 5 friends and promise them all another goal fest if they will grace Plainmoor with their presence.

Lets all ring a friend or two!


lucy6lucy
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1425
Joined: 13 Feb 2012, 21:13
Favourite player: Moore
Location: Wigan

Post by lucy6lucy » 04 Jan 2017, 20:38

portugull wrote:After scoring 9 goals in the last 2 games can we attract a gate of 2,750 on Saturday?

Come on Torquay now is the time to show you care about your team and get down to Plainmoor.
Just curious, why 2540?
Lucy


Bleeper
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 819
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 19:35

Post by Bleeper » 04 Jan 2017, 20:42

lucy6lucy wrote:
portugull wrote:After scoring 9 goals in the last 2 games can we attract a gate of 2,750 on Saturday?

Come on Torquay now is the time to show you care about your team and get down to Plainmoor.
Just curious, why 2540?
That was the attendance for the FGR Boxing Day game, our last home game.


Gullscorer
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6516
Joined: 22 Jul 2011, 00:30
Contact:

Post by Gullscorer » 04 Jan 2017, 20:46

lucy6lucy wrote:
portugull wrote:After scoring 9 goals in the last 2 games can we attract a gate of 2,750 on Saturday?
Come on Torquay now is the time to show you care about your team and get down to Plainmoor.
Just curious, why 2540?
2540 was the size of the crowd at our Boxing Day game. Can we get a bigger attendance against Boreham Wood on Saturday? General consensus believes it to be unlikely. But we should at least have a damned good try..
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:


SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5833
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 22:49
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Location: Sunny Barnsley, Yorkshire

Post by SuperNickyWroe » 04 Jan 2017, 21:28

Gulliball wrote:Forest Green brought 218 fans with them, and Boreham Wood brought 24 to Plainmoor last season (albeit on a Tuesday night), so we're going to need about an extra 150 Torquay fans going just to cover that.

Then you have people (like myself as an example) that have moved away from Torquay but were home for the festive period. I am now 500+ miles away again and not going to be there on Saturday.

Boxing Day in itself always has a higher than usual attendance as it is a tradition, as well as usually being an attractive local (ish) fixture.

Coming off some good form and a few goals you might get a slight boost, but losing all these other factors is too much to even get close. Over 2000 would be a very good crowd given the circumstances.

In our last 8 matches, the number of home fans has been as follows (in order): 1857, 1746, 1568, 1515, 1438, 1391, 1238, 2322. Take out the FGR game and week by week we lost approximately home 100 fans per game. To get 2000 there we would need 1900+ home fans, which we haven't had since the opening two games of the season.

Can't you walk 500 miles Chris? :} :rofl:
The First Member of the Month
And the poster formerly known as BarnsleyGull


Image


Trojan 67
VIP
VIP
Posts: 4320
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 18:05
Favourite player: Tommy Spratt
Location: Ellacombe, Torquay.

Post by Trojan 67 » 04 Jan 2017, 22:11

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
Gulliball wrote:Forest Green brought 218 fans with them, and Boreham Wood brought 24 to Plainmoor last season (albeit on a Tuesday night), so we're going to need about an extra 150 Torquay fans going just to cover that.

Then you have people (like myself as an example) that have moved away from Torquay but were home for the festive period. I am now 500+ miles away again and not going to be there on Saturday.

Boxing Day in itself always has a higher than usual attendance as it is a tradition, as well as usually being an attractive local (ish) fixture.

Coming off some good form and a few goals you might get a slight boost, but losing all these other factors is too much to even get close. Over 2000 would be a very good crowd given the circumstances.

In our last 8 matches, the number of home fans has been as follows (in order): 1857, 1746, 1568, 1515, 1438, 1391, 1238, 2322. Take out the FGR game and week by week we lost approximately home 100 fans per game. To get 2000 there we would need 1900+ home fans, which we haven't had since the opening two games of the season.

Can't you walk 500 miles Chris? :} :rofl:

https://youtu.be/otXGqU4LBEI

:lol:

:engflag:
The poster previously known as Ellacombe Buhy.


Jerry
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 820
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 10:03

Post by Jerry » 04 Jan 2017, 22:15

Trojan 67 wrote:
SuperNickyWroe wrote:
Gulliball wrote:Forest Green brought 218 fans with them, and Boreham Wood brought 24 to Plainmoor last season (albeit on a Tuesday night), so we're going to need about an extra 150 Torquay fans going just to cover that.

Then you have people (like myself as an example) that have moved away from Torquay but were home for the festive period. I am now 500+ miles away again and not going to be there on Saturday.

Boxing Day in itself always has a higher than usual attendance as it is a tradition, as well as usually being an attractive local (ish) fixture.

Coming off some good form and a few goals you might get a slight boost, but losing all these other factors is too much to even get close. Over 2000 would be a very good crowd given the circumstances.

In our last 8 matches, the number of home fans has been as follows (in order): 1857, 1746, 1568, 1515, 1438, 1391, 1238, 2322. Take out the FGR game and week by week we lost approximately home 100 fans per game. To get 2000 there we would need 1900+ home fans, which we haven't had since the opening two games of the season.

Can't you walk 500 miles Chris? :} :rofl:

https://youtu.be/otXGqU4LBEI

:lol:

:engflag:
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/n ... story.html


Trojan 67
VIP
VIP
Posts: 4320
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 18:05
Favourite player: Tommy Spratt
Location: Ellacombe, Torquay.

Post by Trojan 67 » 04 Jan 2017, 22:24

Jerry wrote:
Trojan 67 wrote:
SuperNickyWroe wrote:

Can't you walk 500 miles Chris? :} :rofl:

https://youtu.be/otXGqU4LBEI

:lol:

:engflag:
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/n ... story.html

Meep! Meep!

:lol:

:engflag:
The poster previously known as Ellacombe Buhy.


wivelgull
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1102
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 17:17
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS
Location: Whitby, North Yorkshire

Post by wivelgull » 05 Jan 2017, 10:59

I agree with brucie. My prediction is, though, that we will achieve a comfortable win. Thus:

Torquay United (1) 3
Boreham Wood (0) 0

Att: 1662.
Image


Glostergull
Player Manager
Player Manager
Posts: 3388
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 17:29
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS
Location: Gloucester
Contact:

Post by Glostergull » 05 Jan 2017, 13:34

anyone going down on Saturday I would like to boost the attendance. especialy after the treats stored up for us over Christmas and new Year
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests