Forest Green v Torquay new years day 2017

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Off the Torquay bar!!!!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

5 - 5 FT
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Jeez what a game. I want to see their equalizer sounds a shit decision from the Plymouth ref.....
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dutchgull wrote:Jeez what a game. I want to see their equalizer sounds a shit decision from the Plymouth ref.....
Say no more!!!!! :@
Cheating f**ker!!! :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

**** useless Ref again - According to the commentators Moore had the ball in his hands and was barged into the net by Mullings, but apparently neither the ref or linesman construed that as a foul.

Pathetic.
Chrisjb66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chrisjb66 »

Whatever....what a result against a 'tough team to beat'!
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

What I cant understand is how can this team who two matches ago couldn't score if you put it on a plate for them have now hit nine in two matches !.

A bit disappointed with what had happened after being two up but as others have said... if you had offered a point at the start I would have grabbed it
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

pnutgull wrote:What I cant understand is how can this team who two matches ago couldn't score if you put it on a plate for them have now hit nine in two matches !.
It's been the same ever since we were relegated back to the Conference, under Hargreaves, Cox and Nicholson. The team plays well against the leading teams and has beaten a number of them and got a load of draws as well. Then we go to places like Boreham Wood and get tanked. It's clear that the players at this club over the past 3 seasons have had issues motivating themselves to play smaller teams, almost like they still consider themselves to be better than these teams and don't play to their full potential, despite the current position of the club.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

WOW, just wow!! The boys looked absolutely gutted at the end there but they've got a lot they can take from those two games. 4 points against a moneybags side who will be pushing for promotion is not bad going!

Well worth my 16 quid, just a shame we couldnt hang on!!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Crazy game. Obviously I am biased but the 5th looked to be a barge on Moore. Their 3rd goal was after a shove in the box that was also missed. 4th goal should have been avoided if only LRT knew the guy was behind him.

Hard to be too critical given the flow of the game. Both sides managed to slice through defences with ease. Fitzwilliam and Sparkes tore them apart and they did the same to us.

Great entertainment over the two games and 4 points is a very good total against the 3rd placed side.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

4 points and 9 goals over forest green is more than most expected, regardless of whether today feels like a defeat to some, 4 points is some achievement. Let's not forget it could have been 6-5 at the end. Let's see what the new owners have in mind regarding a few signings,. COYY
Lucy
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Great Advertisement for Torquay playing attacking football to attract more supporters at the next two home games. Against FGR there were 6 points on offer and we took 4 of them, that's impressive, even GI must be impressed (property development aside). Make no mistake FGR are a good side so if we can maintain the same momentum in the next two home games, how are Boreham Wood or Working going to cope against us, they don't have the same firepower as FGR.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well how can we even begin to put that match into words. Am I glad, I went today, despite the two late goals, oh hell yes, this ones going to live long in the memory.

Torquay started with a good solid shape, however, so slow, perhaps nervous, as Boxing day though, bags a character, the team came to life after our first real attacking move ended up in the bag of the net at the back stick, FGR would be undone by an indicial move, shortly afterwards, but I always felt, and guess not the only one, FGR had more goals in them.

This game had everything, in some way a great advertisement, in others a coaching manual horror show, as some good goals, were matched by some poor defending from both sides. FGR'S fifth goal, just being honest didn't think there was much contact (was right behind the goal, looking right down at Moore) the FGR player went up with the keeper as he's allowed to do, made a nuisance and Moore has let the ball slip.

I'm feeling more proud than gutted, the team ran themselves into the ground, and fought for everything, we can't ask for more, and we've taken a point more from this game than most of thought, and 4 from 6 over the two, yes, would have took that prior.

Decent ground to visit, and have FGR got the most posh sounding stadium announcer in football. Great turn out as usual from our fans, in good voice as normal, as I said on the way, FGR may have money to buy a team, but their money can't buy the support we have. COYY
Formerly known as forevertufc
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

Forever, unless it was you, there was a guy who said exactly the same thing as we were leaving the ground regarding the money situation. We have exactly zero pounds but I am always proud of the fans as they always seem to put in a good shift, especially away from home, and definitely today!!

Regarding the fifth goal, I'm with you and had a very good view of it too.Until I see it again, I'm convinced there guy has done nothing wrong and simply jumped alongside Moore but he's spilled it. I'm no keeping expert, but he probably would have been better off palming that for a corner. It was a horrible looping ball to have to deal with
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What do you get if you give 1900 vegetarians 10 goals to cheer?

**** 90 minutes of silence if that FGR lot are anything to go by.

Massive all seater stadium? **** off.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"