Forest Green v Torquay new years day 2017

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Hi Dave,

Regarding my post, I was wondering when you would spot that one!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Nobody can match our resident pedant extraordinaire, Jerry :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Those struggling with spelling and grammar , give me a call, I'm happy to help :rofl:
Formerly known as forevertufc
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote:Those struggling with spelling and grammar , give me a call, I'm happy to help :rofl:
Absolute gold. :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The last equallising goal Brendon should have punched it as the ball was spinning. It's down to decision making the keeper coach should help him.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Disagree. Any keeper worth his salt would expect to catch it. We've all dropped one like that but I don't remember thinking I wished I'd punched it, more beating myself up for not catching the bloody thing.
Dave

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

forevertufc wrote:Well how can we even begin to put that match into words. Am I glad, I went today, despite the two late goals, oh hell yes, this ones going to live long in the memory.

Torquay started with a good solid shape, however, so slow, perhaps nervous, as Boxing day though, bags a character, the team came to life after our first real attacking move ended up in the bag of the net at the back stick, FGR would be undone by an indicial move, shortly afterwards, but I always felt, and guess not the only one, FGR had more goals in them.

This game had everything, in some way a great advertisement, in others a coaching manual horror show, as some good goals, were matched by some poor defending from both sides. FGR'S fifth goal, just being honest didn't think there was much contact (was right behind the goal, looking right down at Moore) the FGR player went up with the keeper as he's allowed to do, made a nuisance and Moore has let the ball slip.

I'm feeling more proud than gutted, the team ran themselves into the ground, and fought for everything, we can't ask for more, and we've taken a point more from this game than most of thought, and 4 from 6 over the two, yes, would have took that prior.

Decent ground to visit, and have FGR got the most posh sounding stadium announcer in football. Great turn out as usual from our fans, in good voice as normal, as I said on the way, FGR may have money to buy a team, but their money can't buy the support we have. COYY

Be thankful you have a memory lol
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote:Disagree. Any keeper worth his salt would expect to catch it. We've all dropped one like that but I don't remember thinking I wished I'd punched it, more beating myself up for not catching the bloody thing.
Yes I've bit again but agree with you I would have caught it but it's not one of Brendons strengths when he's under the ball, so for him I feel he should have punched. I was about twenty yards away and he approached it unbalanced.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I think the challenge unbalanced him but definitely would have been disappointed with myself if I hadn't caught that. Keepers still need to dominate their area and a little like Ricey, he is lacking in that facet of his game. As forever said, Olejnik catches those with ease.
Dave

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote:I think the challenge unbalanced him but definitely would have been disappointed with myself if I hadn't caught that. Keepers still need to dominate their area and a little like Ricey, he is lacking in that facet of his game. As forever said, Olejnik catches those with ease.
I don't know your age but when I was playing I had to use my feet to get to the ball and catch in the six yard area and at times if the ball was in the air long enough catch it outside the six yard box or get a bollocking.
In the game today I was told that a lot of clubs prefer to have their keepers to punch it under pressure in the six yard box because the ball moves a lot in the air now.
I have noticed Brendon has an unorthodox punch like a hand ball game and goes for distance but puts the ball back in the middle of the goal. I was always taught to get the ball in a wide area.
I could see Brendon missing the ball as soon as he moved for it his arms were not moving to the ball.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I don't think there's enough difference in our respective ages to have been taught the complete opposite of each other. Keepers are losing the art undoubtedly but that should have been a simple catch. Either way it still goes down as an own goal and hopefully a lesson learned.
Dave

Goody2514
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Goody2514 »

Perhaps it would be wise for someone new to the forum to try and lighten up a bit and enter into the spirit here rather than throw a strop and complain about the way we run things.[/quote]

So basically what your saying is, " its my forum, agree with everything I say, I must have the last say otherwise don't bother posting". PATHETIC!!!! :-D
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Read it again and you might see it more as a tongue in cheek hint that the humour was lost on you. Perhaps your sense of humour has experienced a failure because that's definitely not what I said or meant.

If you still fail to see the tone of my post as being helpful then perhaps the advice would be to grow a thicker skin because I couldn't care whether you agree with me or not. Feel free to post what you like, a spellchecker might be a useful tool for you though :)
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Goody2514 wrote:
So basically what your saying is, " its my forum, agree with everything I say, I must have the last say otherwise don't bother posting". PATHETIC!!!! :-D
That's about the size of it, yes.

Also, learning how to quote properly would be appreciated :) :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Goody2514
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Goody2514 »

Actually get to a game at Plainmoor instead of reading about them on the internet and we can discuss the spelling!