Forest Green v Torquay new years day 2017

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Thanks guys. anyone who wants directions by car the short cut way just PM me and i can give directions.
I did forget one small thing.
There are no pubs in the immediate vicinity. closest is down in town.Nailsworth. The club has a bar in the main stand at the further end from the Away end but close to the main home car park.
There are a few restaurants close though. Egypt mill is recommended for those who like a better class of eating. Several cafes and cheaper estabilshemts. but how many will be open on new years day I cannot say.
Taxi firm in stroud for those who want one for trans or any other reason. A&A taxis 01453 767777. they are based in station rd so handy for trains.
Stroud taxis. 55 Peghouse Cl · 01453 750211
and the last and please laugh if you want to. Wonky's Wheels Taxis. 9 Cotswold Rd · 01453 767878
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Money talks. How on earth would forest green operate without there deluded vegan owner. He pulls out and they are gone. Forest green is not sustainable, nailsworth is in the middle of nowhere. There is no catchment area. I would like to see there balance sheets. On to the match, we will lose this one, I just hope Moore is dropped for "missing that sitter" when 3-3. And bliss goes, Moore comes in
Lucy
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Done
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

lucy6lucy wrote:Money talks. How on earth would forest green operate without there deluded vegan owner. He pulls out and they are gone. Forest green is not sustainable, nailsworth is in the middle of nowhere. There is no catchment area. I would like to see there balance sheets. On to the match, we will lose this one, I just hope Moore is dropped for "missing that sitter" when 3-3. And bliss goes, Moore comes in
Money talks. How on earth could Torquay United operate without their deluded lottery winner. He pulls out (well died actually) and they are gone.

We have nothing to boast about. How many of us thought during the good times what would happen when the Bristows cut their ties with the club, very few I would suspect. The fact is for the moment FGR are in a very much better place than us. Glass houses and all that.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The Torquay United website are advertising the game for today. Hope nobody goes!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

arcadia wrote:The Torquay United website are advertising the game for today. Hope nobody goes!
Actualy i also noticed that United have a great big advertising hoarding beside the new Bypass facing you are you leave it on the entrance effectively to Torquay. It based in the field just beyond the roundabout where you either turn left for Kingskerswell or right for the Willows and the rest of Torquay.

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Louis wrote:Done
Actualy Lious. when GI took over I already thought we had been. lol

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

lucy6lucy wrote:Money talks. How on earth would forest green operate without there deluded vegan owner. He pulls out and they are gone. Forest green is not sustainable, nailsworth is in the middle of nowhere. There is no catchment area. I would like to see there balance sheets. On to the match, we will lose this one, I just hope Moore is dropped for "missing that sitter" when 3-3. And bliss goes, Moore comes in
Actually there is a fair old catchment area. Given that Many of the United Faithfull travel at least ten miles to Plainmoor and many even 25 miles. this is well within the area that Forest green have at their disposal. Gloucester. Cheltenham. Stroud. Dursely, Wotton Under Edge. Thornburn. Cirencester. There are plenty there given a successful club that could boost their main home crowd up to 2500 if they carried on cultivating their present club building. I have noticed a scheme they have called the Ambassador scheme where kids in school are appointed ambassador for the club and they have ambassadors in many schools in our area which is slowly building up a solid core of new supporters. something we would do well to look at which is why I have told Kevin about it and am investigating it for the future. Kevin is interested in looking to see how it works and whether it would work in schools in Torbay and surrounding area. and given that some of our attendance have dropped to only 1200 I can see a time when they will have attendance larger than we do if things don't buck up.
As Dave says. Look at Easteigh. and how they have built up slowly but steadily. Smell the coffee people Smell the coffee.

Bobbytanz63
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by Bobbytanz63 »

Bearing in mind schemes to generate greater footfall, I suggested to the club a country membership be introduced in respect of season tickets whereby those living say 50 miles away form the ground get a slightly reduced ticket price, bearing in mind added travel expense but his was rejected !

One can but try to think of ideas but sometimes those in control need to take the blinkers off !!
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

Glostergull wrote:Actualy i also noticed that United have a great big advertising hoarding beside the new Bypass facing you are you leave it on the entrance effectively to Torquay. It based in the field just beyond the roundabout where you either turn left for Kingskerswell or right for the Willows and the rest of Torquay.
That's been there for years.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

FGR may be stuck at the top of Nailsworth at the moment but their sugar daddy is going to build them a state-of-the-art new stadium three miles away with business park attached & training facilities right next to the M5.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Terry Henry wrote: That's been there for years.
On Boxing Day as I drove past it the details of the 'Next Home Match' was blank!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

when i went past it on boxing day it had the FGR match on it. and in reply to previous post. the new stadium is a lot further than 3 miles away. its designed to be by Junction 13 which is at least 8 miles away if not 10. FGR tried to move several years ago and did indeed move to the Storud Rugby ground but its restricted in space and the crowds dropped but the parking was markedly worse which was more than likely to blame for that

torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

What I want to know is, is there room on the team bus /in a player's car for Kieffer on the way back???
TUST member 200 ;-)