FA Trophy First Round, Braintree Town v Torquay United, Sat. 10 December 2016

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Do you know what your friends earn? I don't. I do know what my employees earm though.

Gulf in budget between us and FGR is hilarious, genuinely laugh out loud funny.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

We should've comfortably won that game. Nicho said afterwards that we should've been 3-0 up at half time and I'd disagree, we should've been 5-0 up! Blissett and McCoulsky caused Braintree so many problems (it was the best I'd seen Blissett play and that includes last season) and it was nice to see Torquay have a striker with the pace of McCoulsky. But we just didn't take our chances and in the second half Braintree were completely different (classic game of two halves).

But the main issue, what was Nicholson doing with his subs?!?!?! Reid and Williams are not up to this level and to bring them on for 2 strikers who were hell for the Braintree defence to manage was ludicrous. AND THEN SPARKES CAME OFF?! In the first half the front 4 were our best players, why make a change for changes sake?

I've seen 4 games away this season and yet to see a goal, but the partnership of Blissett and McCoulsky gives me hope for when I head to York next weekend. Can't wait for Nicholson to drop one of them now I've said this.....
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

A very encouraging report Norfolkgull. I think Bliss is desperate to repay Nicho for saving his career and McCoulsky will score goals given a chance of a good run of games.

The reality is we are the second lowest scorers in the National League with 21. Only North Ferriby have scored fewer with just 11.

We have to start taking our chances. Just look at Yorks goals against! Must give us hope.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

ferrarilover wrote:Do you know what your friends earn? I don't. I do know what my employees earm though.

Gulf in budget between us and FGR is hilarious, genuinely laugh out loud funny.

Matt.
Earm no !