Dagenham v Torquay 29/11/16

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

But the question still hasn't been answered: just who is it who was calling for Nicho's head? I've tried and I can't find any such posters over the weekend.. :-/
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Gullscorer wrote:But the question still hasn't been answered: just who is it who was calling for Nicho's head? I've tried and I can't find any such posters over the weekend.. :-/
There is certainly one in Page 2 of the Tranmere match day thread, plus another who is directed most of the "blame" at Nico's door.

Tbf having read it back just now it's not quite as bad as I remembered, but I feel the point is still valid as over the last couple of weeks there has been a lot of noise from doom-mongers.

I wouldn't consider myself a rose-tinter, but some people need to be realistic. Suggestions that "we must sign Kieffer" are currently my bugbear this week, along with the calls to sign Racchi on Saturday as if it was Nico's fault we'd not signed him. Kieffer is doing a great job, of course I'd be delighted if we signed him permanetly but I don't see that FGR - or Kieffer himself - accepting an offer of magic beans.

Nico is operating with one hand tied behind his back, I just feel deserves some credit when he gets it right but a fair proportion on here just want to get on his back if we aren't winning.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Jeff wrote: I wouldn't consider myself a rose-tinter, but some people need to be realistic. Suggestions that "we must sign Kieffer" are currently my bugbear this week, along with the calls to sign Racchi on Saturday as if it was Nico's fault we'd not signed him. Kieffer is doing a great job, of course I'd be delighted if we signed him permanetly but I don't see that FGR - or Kieffer himself - accepting an offer of magic beans.
Let's hope the new owners arrive with some magic beans.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Jeff, I agree with your comments here. You concede my point that I could find nobody over the weekend who called for Nicho's head, i.e. for him to be sacked, though I agree he has received much undeserved criticism in recent months and far from enough credit for the work he is doing. People can, in some respects, justifiably criticise the Plainmoor board, but it is to the board's credit that they have fully supported Nicho ever since they appointed him. They could hardly do anything else, of course, but certainly, as you implied in your post, some fans need to get a perspective on the situation..
Last edited by Gullscorer on 30 Nov 2016, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Gullscorer wrote:Jeff, I agree with your comments here. You concede my point that I could find nobody who called for Nicho's head, i.e. for him to be sacked, though I agree he has received much undeserved criticism in recent months and far from enough credit for the work he is doing. People can, in some respects, justifiably criticise the Plainmoor board, but it is to their credit that they have fully supported Nicho ever since they appointed him. They could hardly do anything else, of course, but certainly some fans need to get a perspective on the situation..
No I don't concede the point, there was one post calling for Nico to be sacked. Or at least that's how I read it. This quote:

"Hopefully the club will soon be sold and the new owners will have enough money to pay off Nicholson and bring in a manager who knows what he's doing"

Maybe my interpretation but it was that one that stuck in my head and p***** me off. What I do concede is that this was the only one that made specific reference to Nico losing his job - I thought there were more but I was incorrect.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Jeff wrote: There is certainly one in Page 2 of the Tranmere match day thread, plus another who is directed most of the "blame" at Nico's door.

Tbf having read it back just now it's not quite as bad as I remembered, but I feel the point is still valid as over the last couple of weeks there has been a lot of noise from doom-mongers.

I wouldn't consider myself a rose-tinter, but some people need to be realistic. Suggestions that "we must sign Kieffer" are currently my bugbear this week, along with the calls to sign Racchi on Saturday as if it was Nico's fault we'd not signed him. Kieffer is doing a great job, of course I'd be delighted if we signed him permanetly but I don't see that FGR - or Kieffer himself - accepting an offer of magic beans.

Nico is operating with one hand tied behind his back, I just feel deserves some credit when he gets it right but a fair proportion on here just want to get on his back if we aren't winning.
Ye gods and little fishes. I hope he isn't the one doing the driving or the players would be forgiven not wanting to travel with him.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

gullpower wrote: Let's hope the new owners arrive with some magic beans.
this sounds a lot like. Just what have the Romans done for us. Nothing.except build roads. ok build roads. Just what has inch done for us..Nothing. except keep us in the National leasgue. well apart from that..what has Nicho done for us..Well he gave us some of our pride back.. ok so apart from keeping us in the national league and giving us some of our pride back. just what has nicho done for us. you can add more if you like
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

There are loads of people on his Facebook and elsewhere who have been saying he isn't up to the job and should be sacked. Also, people questioning his bringing in of certain players, tactics, and all sorts of other things, with a certain air that implies that they know what they're talking about but Nicho doesn't.
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Trouble is in a few peoples minds you are only as good as your last performance. You lose and all the doom mongers come out of the woodwork. You win and heyho where are they, stony silence. you lose again "sack Nico hes not up to it". Pretty pathetic really.

Nicos doing a top job on and off the pitch in very difficult circumstances. In my view this is still the case if we should lose the next match.