Torquay v Solihull 22/11/16

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

tomogull wrote:Matt - when you grow up, you will look back at some of your posts and think - 'Gawd, was I really such a feckin obnoxious cretin?'
This Fred Perry is actually a really obnoxious character. Its one thing for an opposition supporter to come onto our forum to talk about football, but quite another to spout his racist and xenophobic bile. Like another poster on here has said I do not wish to see a return to the days when racist and homo phobic chanting were accepted as the norm. So for once Matt is totally in the right to attack this obnoxious individual, and the administrators should have picked up on this earlier.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Wetherspoons is a crap hole where you can't get a seat because of old dears seeing out their final years in an alcoholic haze and I can't count the number of times I have cracked my head open on the beams in the hole in the wall.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

I fancy a home win tonight.

The players will go into this strongly after a late equaliser against Wrexham. We'll take a two goal lead by half time, Kiefer Moore nailed on to score, with Solihull coming into it in the second half and get a goal back to make it a nervy half an hour. But we hang on and get a much needed win.

COYY, Please.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Plainmoor78 wrote: This Fred Perry is actually a really obnoxious character. Its one thing for an opposition supporter to come onto our forum to talk about football, but quite another to spout his racist and xenophobic bile. Like another poster on here has said I do not wish to see a return to the days when racist and homo phobic chanting were accepted as the norm. So for once Matt is totally in the right to attack this obnoxious individual, and the administrators should have picked up on this earlier.
The administrators all have full time jobs, and a life outside of this football forum.

It was dealt with as soon as one of us came on to here.

What you have to remember is that if we just go around deleting things etc, we get accused of being heavy handed. Given we are all adults, it is the hope that things will sort themselves out as we will all act accordingly. It would seem that in the last 24 hours, that is not the case.

Hopefully we can get back to dealing with all things Torquay again now!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Back to football. I am going tonight, after missing a few home games. I am expecting a win, based on the confidence gained by the point against Wrexham and the contribution of the new signings. Thus, 2-0 (K Moore and L Blissett).
COYY
TUST number 080
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Plainmoor78 wrote:Wetherspoons is a crap hole where you can't get a seat because of old dears seeing out their final years in an alcoholic haze and I can't count the number of times I have cracked my head open on the beams in the hole in the wall.
Ha! I'm probably one of those old buggers seeing out my final years in an alcoholic haze who got a seat in Wetherspoons before you !! ;-) Getting back to football - I shall be putting on my woolies soon, and then going for a pee before I venture out in the cold to Plainmoor. Expecting a win tonight. :scarf:
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

XI: Moore; Verma, McGinty, Gallifuoco, Rowe-Turner; Fitzpatrick, Richards, Young, Sparkes; Moore, Reid.
subs: Gerring, Chaney, Blissett, Ward, McClousky.

looks like a 4-4-2.. COYY
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Good to see a 442 with a little/large partnership up front. A big call to drop Blissett but we have a strong XI and a strong bench.

Massive game, we really need three points.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

1-0!!! MOOREEEEEE
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

1-0! Moore, who else?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

wivelgull wrote:But where IS brucie? We haven't heard from him for ages. I'm getting quite worried.
who gives a sh1t.....

good evening all and COYY! :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Good half, but three points is all that matters now. We're desperate for a win.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

tomogull wrote:Matt - when you grow up, you will look back at some of your posts and think - 'Gawd, was I really such a feckin obnoxious cretin?'
I am utterly staggered that in 2016 I am getting flak for decrying a man who has expressed racist, xenophobic views.

Little England really is bigger than its name suggests.

Listening to the game in a different 'Bucks than usual. Reckon we should pay whatever the lentil eater asks for Moore, he'll be the difference.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm staggered that tomo reckons i think you're a nice guy :@
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote: I am utterly staggered that in 2016 I am getting flak for decrying a man who has expressed racist, xenophobic views.

Little England really is bigger than its name suggests.

Listening to the game in a different 'Bucks than usual. Reckon we should pay whatever the lentil eater asks for Moore, he'll be the difference.

Matt.
Tomogull, take a day off and give Matt a break.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468