Torquay v Solihull 22/11/16

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

So the match was played because presumably the pitch passed an inspection; did somebody drain the swamp? Anyway, Gulls 3 Solihull Moors 0 - we TRUMPED 'em..!! Now for the rest of the season, and unless we want to REMAIN in the National League we must vote to LEAVE..!! You know that makes sense, in the same way it made sense for the nation (and the Torbay electorate) to vote decisively for BREXIT.

There are still some idiots, of course, who prefer the cosy comforting safety of the National League, who are afraid of the big tough Football League, so they accuse anybody who is excited by the opportunities and challenges of the Football League of racism, homophobia, and whatever other negative false allegations they can think of. This is merely projection on the part of these anti-democratic anti-free-speech remoaners. It's time they realised that Gulls fans have voted OUT, and we're going for the play-offs, which we shall negotiate triumphallicly..

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Fred Perry wrote:
By the way , it was a cracking atmosphere at Plainmoor last night.

I love your ground - DON'T make it all plastic seats !!!...
It'll probably be a building site 12 months from now.
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry »

Gullscorer wrote:So the match was played because presumably the pitch passed an inspection; did somebody drain the swamp? Anyway, Gulls 3 Solihull Moors 0 - we TRUMPED 'em..!! Now for the rest of the season, and unless we want to REMAIN in the National League we must vote to LEAVE..!! You know that makes sense, in the same way it made sense for the nation (and the Torbay electorate) to vote decisively for BREXIT.

There are still some idiots, of course, who prefer the cosy comforting safety of the National League, who are afraid of the big tough Football League, so they accuse anybody who is excited by the opportunities and challenges of the Football League of racism, homophobia, and whatever other negative false allegations they can think of. This is merely projection on the part of these anti-democratic anti-free-speech remoaners. It's time they realised that Gulls fans have voted OUT, and we're going for the play-offs, which we shall negotiate triumphallicly..

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
A GOOD Posting , except we BOTH want to LEAVE the National League, so a draw would have been better all round.

If we gave good DEFENSIVE BORDERS, than this should make things easier , for us BOTH !!!...

We should achieve this.

Its good to have lots of GOALS ( in life ) and not Remain , in apathy.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Fred Perry wrote: A GOOD Posting , except we BOTH want to LEAVE the National League, so a draw would have been better all round.

If we gave good DEFENSIVE BORDERS, than this should make things easier , for us BOTH !!!...

We should achieve this.

Its good to have lots of GOALS ( in life ) and not Remain , in apathy.
Last time I checked this was a match thread not a Trump supporting Brexit convention with a racist invited. Can we leave the obvious political messages out of this please?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Orange Gull, please lighten up and read through the whole thread again, because you obviously missed something..
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry »

Remainers can be seen as Racists.

Discriminates against people , not living in EU.

That could include people wishing to work within football , so this thread is relevant to this forum.

Thank you.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Please, can we just stick to FOOTBALL on here, and talk about the match.

The plopside is there for topics such a Brexit.

Thanks.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Gullscorer wrote:Orange Gull, please lighten up and read through the whole thread again, because you obviously missed something..
I don't think I did.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Fred Perry wrote:CRACKING atmosphere, from BOTH lots of Supporters. This is how true football should be - it was definitely NOT like a library.
Yes - good night last night, especially for Gulls fans. Solihull reminded me very much of Welling last season. Played some neat, attractive football in midfield and down the wings but nobody to put the ball in the back of the net. And of course, if you don't score goals, you aint going to win matches as we've painfully found out all season (Moore's hat-trick last night and the goal he scored on Saturday makes him our top scorer in two matches !!).

Also, I wasn't impressed with your 'keeper. I thought he could have done better with our first goal and definitely should have done better with the second goal. I'm maybe doing Solihull an injustice as I haven't checked their 'goals for' so it might be that last night was an off night. On last night's performance, I fear you're going to have to hope that the likes of Guisely, North Ferriby and York keep losing ..............

Now tell me, Fred. This has been bugging me. Why Solihull MOORS ?? My geography is a bit rusty but I don't know of any moors anywhere near Solihull !!!! Good luck for the rest of the season ...... as long as you stay where you are - below us in the league !! :whistle:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:This link will assist you Tomo - http://www.solihullmoorsfc.co.uk/pages.php?page_id=1315
Ah, thanks Scott - a merger with Moor Green. I will sleep easier tonight ...... ;-)
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Thought the game was frustrating the passing was shocking in the first half by possibly the worst side we've played this season. Then you look at Sparkes and K. Moore with their contribution it became a classic. Was waiting for Fitzpatrick to use his pace but there is none there and he had a quiet game he just never got going. At the back I only hope they got some confidence from the game as Saturday we've got a real game.

Well done Nicho Moore was a great catch.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

If you are still reading Fred I would be interested to know what was the reaction to the merger that formed your club from long term Moor Green and Solihull Borough supporters.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Bloggy wrote: But the first in the league since Thorpe. :)
Sorry, obviously wasn't reading too carefully in all the excitement last night!
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

Gulliball wrote:Sorry, obviously wasn't reading too carefully in all the excitement last night!
No apology needed. Equally excited by the events last night. I have a feeling that was his last appearance at Plainmoor in yellow though.