Torquay v Solihull 22/11/16

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Solihull Fan wrote:Hi all. Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Few of us got a hotel for night, will be having a few beers during the afternoon. Any recommendations for a drink?

Are we confident enough it will be on with all the rain?
If you're just here for a day then the harbourside (clocktower) area is as good as any. It has a few Wetherspoons and other pubs, and you're right on the coastline to enjoy views you won't get at many other grounds. Torquay beach itself is only round the corner.

Plainmoor is within walking distance (uphill) or a short taxi depending on your fitness/drunken ness.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

As I suggested early in the thread, think the groundsman will have definitely earned his corn if he gets the pitch even half playable, let alone in a good order.

Been out and about delivering around the area, not stopped chucking it down most of day, after Sundays rain will have saturated the pitch , come across a number flooded roads as well, still raining now, although quite light now.

With tomorrows forecast being dry, think the game is more likely to be on than not, not sure how the pitch is going to hold up though, could make for a difficult game for both teams.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry »

Solihull Fan wrote:Hi all. Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Few of us got a hotel for night, will be having a few beers during the afternoon. Any recommendations for a drink?

I'll be in Wetherspoons , by the clock , in Torquay, from 3pm.

Have some 50p off a Pint vouchers !!

Let's get the place rocking and take things from there.

The game will be on , as 10 degrees and sunny !.

Which Hotel you staying in ?

I'm in Belgrave Road , just up from that Hotel , where Mark appeared in that famous The Hotel series !!.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

torquay is shocking for pubs these days, the town centre has a wetherspoons near the harbour, there are a few others scattered along the harbourside which are passable, hole in the wall my favourite in that area. up in st marychurch and plainmoor near the ground is better, the union, the crown and sceptre (if you're in to real ales then this is probably your best bet?) or boots and laces at the ground is ok too and usually very friendly

enjoy your trip
still keeping the faith
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Fred Perry »

Actually" Hole in the Wall " is a GOOD one.

Their trifles are f cking awesome !!!...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Fred Perry wrote: I'll be in Wetherspoons , by the clock , in Torquay, from 3pm.

Have some 50p off a Pint vouchers !!

Let's get the place rocking and take things from there.

The game will be on , as 10 degrees and sunny !.

Which Hotel you staying in ?

I'm in Belgrave Road , just up from that Hotel , where Mark appeared in that famous The Hotel series !!.
Just a warning to any non-white or non-English Solihull fans (or anyone else). This is Fred Perry's world, we're just living in it and you are NOT welcome if you're in any way different. We voted BREXIT you know, your kind aren't welcome anywhere anymore. God save the Queen.

Ain't that right, Fred?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Also, before the ban hammer comes up clump me over the head once again for having the temerity to challenge a very obvious racist, why does it not surprise me that Fred will be in a shit pub from 1500 on a Tuesday afternoon? Our mistake was letting people like you vote for anything so dangerous and wide ranging as the new flavour of Walkers, let alone determining the destiny of an entire nation. The only saving grace is that your beloved Brexit will deliver none of the things you hoped for and will take so long to sort that you will long be forgotten in your grave by the time it comes to pass.

Matt.
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Fred Perry »

ferrarilover wrote: Just a warning to any non-white or non-English Solihull fans (or anyone else). This is Fred Perry's world, we're just living in it and you are NOT welcome if you're in any way different. We voted BREXIT you know, your kind aren't welcome anywhere anymore. God save the Queen.

Ain't that right, Fred?

Matt.

You talk Bollocks.

Many non white English voted for BREXIT.

You must read The Guardian.
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Fred Perry »

Confirmed by Ground at 9am this morning.

Good news.
Solihull Fan
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Dave

Post by Solihull Fan »

Thanks for the response and the pre-warning ha!

I'll be ok I guess, but I'm sure my mate voted in, I'll just avoid that subject and keep any eye out for anyone in a Fred Perry tracksuit!

Are you also telling me Tuesday night isn't student night or there isn't a club to end up in! ;-) :)

We'll probably try most of the pubs, should have enough time! :keepie:
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Solihull Fan wrote:Thanks for the response and the pre-warning ha!

I'll be ok I guess, but I'm sure my mate voted in, I'll just avoid that subject and keep any eye out for anyone in a Fred Perry tracksuit!

Are you also telling me Tuesday night isn't student night or there isn't a club to end up in! ;-) :)

We'll probably try most of the pubs, should have enough time! :keepie:
I'll whisper this quietly, you may be better off heading up the road to Exeter after the match ;-)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote: Just a warning to any non-white or non-English Solihull fans (or anyone else). This is Fred Perry's world, we're just living in it and you are NOT welcome if you're in any way different. We voted BREXIT you know, your kind aren't welcome anywhere anymore. God save the Queen.

Ain't that right, Fred?

Matt.
Sorry, Matt - I'm sure you're a good guy as Soton Gull says you are, but these sort of posts do you no credit. They are neither clever nor even mildly amusing. So to any Solihull fan coming to the match, whatever race, religion, gender you are, welcome - have a good time in Torquay. Just as long as you can cope with seeing your team lose ....... ;-) And by the way, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Wetherspoons but the Hole in the Wall is a good place to start !
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Solihull Fan wrote:
Are you also telling me Tuesday night isn't student night or there isn't a club to end up in! ;-) :) :keepie:
Oh dear, you have a lot to learn about the Capital of the English Riviera, old bean. :clap: :clap:
TUST member 200 ;-)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Fred Perry wrote:
You talk Bollocks.

Many non white English voted for BREXIT.

You must read The Guardian.
Thanks ever so much for proving my point.

Have a good time tonight chanting about 'sending the buggers back' while not offending anyone. While you're at it, see if they do Um Bongo in Number 10s.

Matt.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Matt - when you grow up, you will look back at some of your posts and think - 'Gawd, was I really such a feckin obnoxious cretin?'