Torquay v Wrexham 19/11 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Torquay v Wrexham 19/11 3pm

Post by Louis »

So Saturday sees us host Wrexham.

Predictions / comments please :)
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Too soon for predictions as it very much depends on whether there are any more loan players available and therefore how 'very fortunate' any of last Saturday's starting eleven will be to survive the manager's blast!
Also we await news on Sparkes and Verma, assuming Lathrope will be out for some time.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Heart says we could scrape a draw, head says we'll lose 3-1.
1300 in attendance.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

In my opinion I think it's just not the players that have to step up to the mark it's the manager as well. The team needs to be set up right. We need to strong and not open we are not good enough to outplay teams we need to work hard and wear teams down and hope we find an opening. Blissett and Williams does not work.Ried and Blissett does not work. Try Blissett and Chaney especially if we've got width on Saturday. 4-5-1. or 4-4-1-1 .I'll have to pay more for my chips this week and they are not as good as last Saturdays.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

arcadia wrote:In my opinion I think it's just not the players that have to step up to the mark it's the manager as well. The team needs to be set up right. We need to strong and not open we are not good enough to outplay teams we need to work hard and wear teams down and hope we find an opening. Blissett and Williams does not work.Ried and Blissett does not work. Try Blissett and Chaney especially if we've got width on Saturday. 4-5-1. or 4-4-1-1 .I'll have to pay more for my chips this week and they are not as good as last Saturdays.
Agreed, Nicho needs to channel his inner Martin Ling.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Perhaps a draw; so:

TUFC (0) 0
Wrexham (0) 0

Att: 1809
Tarrboy1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tarrboy1 »

Buoyed by the new signings, we'll be playing with loads of width, crosses will be flying in to the box and Bliss will have a field day. Unfortunately, we still wont be able to defend though so I'm going for a 2-2 draw.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Wrexham - the biggest underachievers in the league. Over 3000 last Saturday to see them lose at home to Braintree and only just above us in the league. Their confidence must be as low as ours. We usually have good games against Wrexham and with three new players in the side (assuming they all start ........ ) I think this just could be a turning point, plus three points next Tuesday. Always got to keep hoping ....... One wonders where the money is coming from for these loanees.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

tomogull wrote:Wrexham - the biggest underachievers in the league. Over 3000 last Saturday to see them lose at home to Braintree and only just above us in the league. Their confidence must be as low as ours. We usually have good games against Wrexham and with three new players in the side (assuming they all start ........ ) I think this just could be a turning point, plus three points next Tuesday. Always got to keep hoping ....... One wonders where the money is coming from for these loanees.
My guess is they are all freebies, here to get fit and parade in the shop window ready to be sold/loaned to League clubs for ££ in January.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

New players are coming in, so the Wrexham game could be the turning point in our season. (Or not). Either way, it's time to get behind the team, now more than ever. Get up to Plainmoor and give them all our support. And show any potential new owners that our club and our team do have a potentially great future and are worth backing.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Remember guys and gals bring a mate and double the gate. Hugely important we win on Saturday.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

2-0 or 3-1 to us. McCoulsky will make a huge difference. Gate will be around 2000.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Gullscorer wrote:New players are coming in, so the Wrexham game could be the turning point in our season. (Or not). Either way, it's time to get behind the team, now more than ever. Get up to Plainmoor and give them all our support. And show any potential new owners that our club and our team do have a potentially great future and are worth backing.
Well said!!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with Mr. Monkey and, with the addition of McCoulsky, I feel that a win is quite possible. So, if I may alter my previous prediction I now foresee the following result:

TUFC (2) 3 [McCoulsky 3]
Wrexham (1) 1

Att: 2114
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

No way will it be 2,000 I'm afraid. 1,500 with a couple of hundred from Wrexham.