Torquay v Wrexham 19/11 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Hoping for 1600 minimum given the interest in the new signings.

2-1 win for United but it will be very interesting to see who Nicho selects as his starting eleven.

He can choose from Sparkes,Fitzpatrick, Reid, Bliss,Moore McCoulsky and Williams to provide the width and striking options. so quite a dilemma.

COYY.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

portugull wrote:Hoping for 1600 minimum given the interest in the new signings.

2-1 win for United but it will be very interesting to see who Nicho selects as his starting eleven.

He can choose from Sparkes,Fitzpatrick, Reid, Bliss,Moore McCoulsky and Williams to provide the width and striking options. so quite a dilemma. COYY.
Er ....... you forgot Jamie Chamberlain. :whistle: Do we know if Dan Sparkes is fit to play ? And what about Verma ?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

According to HE podcast both Sparkes and Verma are fit. So taking the view that there's no point in having loan players on the bench and taking into account the manager's post match comments after last Saturday the line up today could well be:
Moore B
Nicholson McGinty, Rowe-Turner, Verma
Sparkes, Ward, Young ,Fitzpatrick
McClousky, Moore K Subs: Blissett, Reid, Williams, Richards, Robba (or Gerring or GG)
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Result obviously matters, but I think we've got to get behind the boys, give them some atmosphere and let them know we are all in this together. The results will come, but we cant have them playing in a library!! COYY!!!!!!
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

goody2449 wrote:Result obviously matters, but I think we've got to get behind the boys, give them some atmosphere and let them know we are all in this together. The results will come, but we cant have them playing in a library!! COYY!!!!!!
:goodpost: I agree. Let's do our best to make a noise.

COYY! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Totally agree. We need to do our bit this afternoon. Show any prospective new owners present just how loyal we are..
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

unless wrexham bring 500 i cant see the crowd being anywhere near than, more like 1250 in home parts, however i do think that the new players will lift our game and we'll win 2-1
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:unless wrexham bring 500 i cant see the crowd being anywhere near than, more like 1250 in home parts, however i do think that the new players will lift our game and we'll win 2-1
Agree Bix. Low(ish) crowd and I'm expecting several changes from that shambles last week! :@
Hope that the home fans see a better performance than we did. :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

they certainly won't see any worse than that first half mate!!
still keeping the faith
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

At Guiseley our main problem was our ineptitude in defence, failing to track runners and our inability to control the midfield or stop the opposition from slicing through the middle of the pitch. The signings this week do little to remedy those issues, but I live in diminishing hope that the new boys can spark some life into the team.

In truth, despite a meagre goal tally, I think Blissett and Williams are among the least deserving of being dropped. They simply had no service. Nicholson's aversion to pacy wingers as a left back seems to have continued in his role as manager. From letting Iffy Allen leave, to giving Scrivens no chances, to persisting with the pedestrian Chaney and Reid in the absence of Sparkes - the team is slow in movement as well as thought.

Hard to forsee a home win after last weekend, I'm afraid.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Moore, LRT, McGinty, Gallifuoco, Verma, Sparkes, Richards, Young, Ward, Blissett, Moore
Subs: Robba, Gerring, Chaney, Reid, McCoulsky

Guessing Fitzpatrick is out, and he would have made it a more balanced side. It's still stronger than recent weeks though, and we have 3 dangerous subs to bring on.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Looking better going forward but we are still weak through the middle defensively. With the named 16 I would rather see Blissett benched with Chaney or Reid in the middle - still not great defensively but better than just Young and Richards.
Still, fingers crossed it comes together and all of the positives Nicho keeps talking about in training come to fruition on the pitch. And maybe next week we can have Manse in their too ;-)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Oh dear, we're 1-0 down. Commentary seems to be 2 minutes slow.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Soft goal too by the sounds of it
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Steve Tully is co-commentator today by the way.