Guiesley V Torquay Sat 12th November 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
TUFC2016

Post by TUFC2016 »

Are David Phillips and Co trying to better Chris Roberts reign at the helm?

Get them out ASAP, change is only going to happen when they go!

PHILLIPS OUT!
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Err how exactly?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Scott that is not the first time you have posted about the Board wanting their money back or some of it as a term of selling the club. This time you are very emphatic about it. I am not being difficult but we appear to be heading as a club for the rocks whichever porthole things are viewed from. Could you elaborate a tad?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Dazza wrote:Scott that is not the first time you have posted about the Board wanting their money back or some of it as a term of selling the club. This time you are very emphatic about it. I am not being difficult but we appear to be heading as a club for the rocks whichever porthole things are viewed from. Could you elaborate a tad?
It's not me that's been banging that particular drum - it's Dave (SG), though I am aware of where he has got his info from and completely trust it.
Also, this message is now coming out on other forums. The current Board want their initial investment back before they will sell, even though they know that the new investor would also have to pay off GI....and the Board know that they could get nothing if they continue sticking to their guns.

Bloody fools!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Prepare for the worst.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

nickbrod wrote:Prepare for the worst.
What's this in reference to?
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Nicho must stay. As someone else posted recently - even Jose Mourinho couldn't get a result with the current squad - you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

We need some quality - and quality costs money - so there needs to be some investment. Mr Phillips - are you listening? You wanted the gig - and we're all very grateful for your generosity that got us out of the mire back along - but you're now about to go down in history as the chairman that presided over the demise of the club. Accept an offer or swallow your pride and go to TUST.

ferrarilover - your his best mate - have a word before it's too late.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Why does everybody seem to assume Dave Phillips and the rest of the board can afford to walk away from their initial £30k investment? How many forum members can pump £30k into the club and just walk away? I can't.

They put money in to keep the club alive but probably hoped they would at least get their money back after a semi decent season and a quick onward sale. They didn't bank on the club having such a bad season on the pitch.

The whole club is in a mess and the rescue operation in the summer was probably only a temporary reprieve. I expect GI to take control and then it's a case of watching the club slowly but surely disappear along with the likes of Stockport, Darlington, Halifax etc.

Jose Mourinho probably isn't the best example of a manager you'd want in this situation. I bet Klopp could get results though because he motivates a team and that's something I don't believe Nico is doing this season.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

We've lost our last two games to teams in the bottom four.
We've won once in twelve games.
Would you buy this sack of sh*t with the outstanding debt to GI and Peter Masters??
Not a chance in hell.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Thanks Scott.

I agree with you Burnham. I would try to get my money as well. You would be really stupid not to.

However it's a game of brinkmanship isn't it. You can only play the game if there are people interested in bidding for the club and maybe prepared to listen to your request. I suppose it's good news in a perverse sort of way. It would seem to indicate there are such people who might be interested.

Can you assist us on the one Scott. ?
Guiseley Bob
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Guiseley Bob »

Thanks to all those who made their way to Nethermoor today. I thought a very respectable away following, particularly considering the distance. Shame you couldn't repeat last season's feat of sending Halifax down on the day of your visit.

If it's any consolation, your team put up a much better showing than York managed at our place.

Hopefully we're both safe by the time of our trip down in March.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

But we could have disappeared off the map by then and your three points today will be worth nothing!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Never mind parading negatives Nick. Can you tell me Scott whether the business about the board wanting money back indicates there are people interested in possibly buying the club?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Just found the team selected did they play 4-3-3 looking at the players in the team it looks mess!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Yes - there is one party for sure.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com