Guiesley V Torquay Sat 12th November 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Guiesley V Torquay Sat 12th November 3pm

Post by lucy6lucy »

Losing to Southport clearly identifies we are in another relegation battle this season. For sure, losing but playing well is kind of acceptable but to lose and play badly is unacceptable. The old cliche of having your next match soon after a defeat to put things right has to work to our advantage. Our next game is 2 weeks. That's 2 weeks to re-focus, sit the players down and get the shit sorted out, have a heated discussion, have a boxing match in the gym, anything to knock these players into touch. Guiesley away is going to sort the men from the boys, and define many of the squads future with the club. Lose at guiesley and I think we are doomed as a club, with relegation a certainty. A Win at dirty, guiesley, would restore belief. In the next 2 weeks Nicholson has to sort the player-fan relationship out, he has to give them a few days off for them to rest and think of there career aspirations. 2-1 win for torquay.
Lucy
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Oddly, I think we will win this one. Thus:

Guiseley (0) 0
TUFC (1) 2

Att: 599
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Nothing other than victory will suffice at Guiseley.
Last seasons match "didn't matter" as we were safe, but we gave soft goals away to find ourselves 3-0 down at HT! :@
Can't afford to lose this time.
I will be there again with Bixieupnorth and all the other riff-raff from Sheffield..... :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

lucy6lucy wrote: Lose at guiesley and I think we are doomed as a club, with relegation a certainty. A Win at dirty, guiesley, would restore belief.
Disagree with this. I agree that it will be a bit of a disaster if we lose at Guiseley, that footballing powerhouse of west Yorkshire. However, losing does not guarantee relegation. How many people on here were convinced in February that we were going to finish bottom? I was, and we all know what happened next. If things stay as they are then I think we will most likely be relegated, but last season showed that anything can happen. We might be in administration by February or we might have new owners and some more money. Who knows?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: I will be there again with Bixieupnorth and all the other riff-raff from Sheffield..... :)
looking forward to it supes, hopefully 6 or 7 of us, keir back in the fold again too, whitelocks before 1120 i reckon, altho i had a disturbing report this week that they're charging £4.30 a pint for their kirkstall abbey!!
still keeping the faith
crumbled
New Signing
New Signing

Post by crumbled »

Losing at Guiseley a week on Saturday is not going to make relegation a certainty, how ridiculous! We still have a decent cushion above the relegation zone. We are not even half way through the season yet, just need to put a decent run together and we'll be middle table
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

crumbled wrote:Losing at Guiseley a week on Saturday is not going to make relegation a certainty, how ridiculous! We still have a decent cushion above the relegation zone. We are not even half way through the season yet, just need to put a decent run together and we'll be middle table
I agree. We just need to score a few goals, keep a few clean sheets, win a few games, and these goals are going to come from ........ oh, sh1t. Yes, I see what you mean.
TUST member 200 ;-)
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

lucy6lucy wrote:
of course we are not relegated mathematically,, please enlighten me as to how we are going to avoid relegation.
I thought I was going to answer this with the form table. Then I looked :'(
http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=england5
(We're fourth bottom)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I would like to know what brucie thinks about this!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Bumping this topic up as I missed it and I'm sure many others did too.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

If we keep it tight with a good tight midfield and not give goals away we've got a chance. If we go for it we are sure to leave it to open and it will cost us. :keepie:
I hope Sparkes and Verma are fit and hope he plays Chaney with Blissett with Chaney the forward of a five in midfield.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

What I've read this week both Sparkes and Verma still injured.
With our away form plus the new loan signing likely to start on the bench it could be another disappointing afternoon. Prepare for more gloom and doom!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

well its a grim day here in sheffield so far! gorecast for guiseley is to brighten up a bit around midday.
meetin at the sheffield tap at ten for a quick pint before the 1021 train to leeds, where our numbers should swell to 7 at whitelocks, a few in there and the leeds brewery tap before heading a couple stops up the line to the factory workers social club and then the railway before kick off where i should have the dubious pleasure of super nicky wroes company!
as for the game, well i hope the break will have done us good, and that the second half hoodoo will be banished. bottom v almost bottom, two teams in dire form, and pissing down with rain, i'd probably take a draw, how sad is that! hopefully the new winger will get to work his magic and we may surprise a few people. the bookies dont fancy us, we'll see?? we'll have a good day out whatever the score tho!

yellow army!!
still keeping the faith
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Sorry to dampen your enthusiasm! But Guiseley have just had two weeks off too! And what happened on the last day of the season last year?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:well its a grim day here in sheffield so far! gorecast for guiseley is to brighten up a bit around midday.
meetin at the sheffield tap at ten for a quick pint before the 1021 train to leeds, where our numbers should swell to 7 at whitelocks, a few in there and the leeds brewery tap before heading a couple stops up the line to the factory workers social club and then the railway before kick off where i should have the dubious pleasure of super nicky wroes company!
as for the game, well i hope the break will have done us good, and that the second half hoodoo will be banished. bottom v almost bottom, two teams in dire form, and pissing down with rain, i'd probably take a draw, how sad is that! hopefully the new winger will get to work his magic and we may surprise a few people. the bookies dont fancy us, we'll see?? we'll have a good day out whatever the score tho!

yellow army!!
Dubious??? :@
That's rich coming from Sheffield riff-raff! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468