Torquay v Southport Saturday 29th October 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm not sure why you think the Board would pass comment.

United are enjoying a three year slump, we haven't heard from the Glaziers.
Chelsea were the worst Champions ever, Abramovich said nothing.
Guiseley are going down and, short of a cursory mention that they'd sacked their manager, they've remained silent.

Boards don't mame statements relating to (in our case very short) runs of poor form. Why would they? What would they say? Would you believe them?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

it's not necessarily about the on-field performance. It's about the other issues that beset the club, of which the team is just one part. There's all this uncertainty about the future of the club.

Chelsea and Man Utd owners/board saying nothing is entirely different too, since they were still making more money that they knew what to do with. If we were making millions I'd be less concerned, because some of that money could be used to improve the team.

We don't have a pot to piss in. We can barely even afford to piss.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

ferrarilover wrote: (in our case very short) runs of poor form.
Very short?

I can only assume you've been hiding in a cave for the last 5 years. ;-)
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I don't think anyone would do better than Nicho is at the moment on our budget to be honest. Yes I agree Saturday and recent performances have been hit and miss (mainly miss) but who realistically would come in and do a better job and be willing to drive a mini bus? And the obvious problem being we can't afford to pay for a hotel and a coach for the same trip so how we would magic up a payoff for a three year contract he only signed in the summer? It just isn't going to happen. I hope Nicho can turn it around but its hard to be positive after Satuday's disaster.