Eastleigh v Torquay 19:45 25/10/16

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Eastleigh v Torquay 19:45 25/10/16

Post by Louis »

Tue 25 Oct 2016 - National League

Eastleigh v Torquay 19:45

Had this on email for any wanting to go
Hi .
I've just bought 2 tickets over the phone . £12.00 each as opposed to £15 on the gate at the Eastleigh ground.
The number to call is 02380 613361.
You can collect them at the away turnstile.
I'm in a rush and have no time to post on the board.
Please would you be so kind as to do this for me.
David , Totnes Massive
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Beat me to it.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

What sort of squad quality and size can we actually put together for this game?
No Bliss and Sparkes at the weekend (are they likely to be back?) and with Verma and Lathrope joining the injury list (I would guess for a lengthy period for each judging by the descriptions on their injuries) and Gerring is still suspended. You also have to ask whether Williams will be able to play two full games in three days after only completing his first ninety minutes of the season on Saturday. We also do not know if others who played Saturday have picked up knocks and won't be available.
I realise Duke has been recalled but (no disrespect to him) it is a big ask to consider him as anything more than a last resort cover. Let's hope the lad from Plymouth and the non-contract player (Palfrey & Ambalu who both who have seemed to disappear in recent squads!) are still around and able to provide more than their lack of action thus far indicate!

Likely team:

Moore
Gallifuoco-McGinty-LRT-Nicho
Ward-Young-Richards-Chaney
Reid-Williams

Subs
Robba, Palfrey, Ambalu, Duke, Chamberlain

Barebones does not do it justice!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Blissett is back isn't he? That alone gives us a bigger threat, and hoofing it long helps the lack of supply issue.

Just phoned Eastleigh. Three tickets bought, pick up at the turnstyle, £36 and two seconds on the phone - absolutely brilliant service.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Richinns wrote: Likely team:

Moore
Gallifuoco-McGinty-LRT-Nicho
Ward-Young-Richards-Chaney
Reid-Williams

Subs
Robba, Palfrey, Ambalu, Duke, Chamberlain

Barebones does not do it justice!
I expect the team will be going up in the minibus again with Nicho driving so I expect there will be three, maybe four, on the bench as 16 won't be able to squeeze into the bus ! And if you have doubts about Williams lasting 90 minutes, what about poor old Nicho ????

With ref to Gulliball's post, it looks as if Eastleigh is a well organised club both on and off the field. I don't know what their average gate is this season, but I did notice that their gate was higher than Torquay's in a recent fixture. So maybe we have to think of Eastleigh as a 'big' club nowadays and us as a 'small' club. :'(

With so many players out (do we definitely know Blissett is fit to play?), tomorrow night's match is a frightening prospect. If this was a home match and the late Cyril Knowles was in charge, he would have had the hosepipes going all day today to make sure the game was postponed (allegedly .....). Hats off to you lads, alias masochists, who have decided to go. I shall be listening on the radio but not sure I will last the full 90 minutes.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Can't get to this one now :( .
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

This will be a very difficult game. In fact I expect Eastleigh to have this won by half time. It's important that we protect the players for the home match against southport, that match is more important. The only tactic tomorrow is to park the bus, well in our case the mini bus, and go for the draw.
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

One of the first fixtures I look for, been last two seasons, great away trip this one, totally gutted it came out on a Tuesday night, no chance I could go this season.

As for the approach to this game, god knows. Which players are fit, half time, a third fit, does anyone know the answer to that, does Nicho's fitness guru know, doubt that. Damage limitation here, if the likes of Blisset and Verma are not fully fit, don't play them, Saturday's more important.
Formerly known as forevertufc
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

lucy6lucy wrote:This will be a very difficult game. In fact I expect Eastleigh to have this won by half time. It's important that we protect the players for the home match against southport, that match is more important. The only tactic tomorrow is to park the bus, well in our case the mini bus, and go for the draw.
If they've won it by half time it could be a new record score against us come the end!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Whew! Not a chance, I'm afraid. I have been reasonably optimistic in the recent past, but not this time. Thus:
Eastleigh (4) 7
TUFC (1) 2

Att: 2444.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

wivelgull wrote:Whew! Not a chance, I'm afraid. I have been reasonably optimistic in the recent past, but not this time. Thus:
Eastleigh (4) 7
TUFC (1) 2

You think we'll score twice?

Can't see us getting anything out of this like others have said damage limitation and prepare more for the Southport game.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

wivelgull wrote:Whew! Not a chance, I'm afraid. I have been reasonably optimistic in the recent past, but not this time. Thus:
Eastleigh (4) 7
TUFC (1) 2

... reasonably optimistic .....? Blimey, did I blink or something?? :)
TUST member 200 ;-)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I think we will sneak this 1-0.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
crumbled
New Signing
New Signing

Post by crumbled »

I think we'll be lucky to get anything out of this game.