FA Cup Qualifying - Fourth Round - Torquay v Woking 1-1 - Replay 18/10

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

so we are out. time to concentrate on the league. sounded like we gave it a right go at the closing end of the match but we aint in it so thats that. no good moaning lets get behind the lads and shout em on.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Absolute tosh!! No sympathy whatsoever, the game should have been killed off Saturday and we should be looking forward to Stockport away in a few weeks. Not to mention a few extra quid in our pockets, but who needs money, right?

I'm probably not alone, but I am really at the end of my tether with this team at the minute.

We are like that shite pub you always end up in at the weekend, even though you know its a dive and you hate it, you just can't stay away.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ooh ye of little ambition. gotta be manu thats what a dream is. and to make it perfect a 4-0 win for the Gulls
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Guildford Gull wrote:Another crap result and £12,500 down the drain.

Looking forward to hearing the usual b*llshit from our manager in his after-match press conference.

We're a young side
I don't mind mistakes
This is a good group
We move on to the next game
There's no problem with our fitness its a mental thing

Blah blah blah
Almost spot on. Not sure he mentioned the fitness bit lol.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

so disappointed that we lost, dont even bother listening these days its so depressing, when we went ahead i was planning a jaunt to stockport, but as usual we fail to hold on to a hard earned lead. are we lacking in fitness as we always seem to have better first 45s than the second, its like we have a team full of louis briscoes this season, very poor!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

tufc si wrote:
We are like that shite pub you always end up in at the weekend, even though you know its a dive and you hate it, you just can't stay away.
great analogy!
still keeping the faith
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Disappointing. By next year it will be 2000+ days without an FA Cup win and we've wasted a good chance to get some bonus money that would have come in handy. 3 leads now against Woking this season and 0 points + a cup exit to show for it.

Our defence tonight had a player-manager and two others out of position. We've had leads this season and have not been getting stuffed in games like we did last year, but are making too many mistakes to win games.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
uffculmegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: jim fryatt

Post by uffculmegull »

Listened to the commentary on radio devon, so can only base my opinion on the what was said. This seemed to be groundhog day , good first half, crap second, what the hell was verma doing at centre back, he is not even a back four player although in fairness he has made a reasonably competant right back, Moore concedes a penalty then saves it, what can you say other than safety and consistency should be the watchword for a keeper, not outstanding one minute and saturday park keeper the next. No LRT anywhere and no comment as to why.
If there is another change of formation on saturday with the exception of those that are caused by injury then the assumption must be that Micholson is sinking in deep water and is tinkering, just to see if by some miracle he can happen upon a team that can play together for ninety minutes and grind out a result.
I do not wont to hear another trite comment that the team is young ,inexperienced and will learn from this harsh experience, nonsense Mr Manager you signed them, you knew what last season was like, you knew what this season would need in terms of players but still you signed players that are young, inexperienced and are obviously not learnig from harsh experiences.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

uffculmegull wrote:Listened to the commentary on radio devon, so can only base my opinion on the what was said. This seemed to be groundhog day , good first half, crap second, what the hell was verma doing at centre back, he is not even a back four player although in fairness he has made a reasonably competant right back, Moore concedes a penalty then saves it, what can you say other than safety and consistency should be the watchword for a keeper, not outstanding one minute and saturday park keeper the next. No LRT anywhere and no comment as to why.
If there is another change of formation on saturday with the exception of those that are caused by injury then the assumption must be that Micholson is sinking in deep water and is tinkering, just to see if by some miracle he can happen upon a team that can play together for ninety minutes and grind out a result.
I do not wont to hear another trite comment that the team is young ,inexperienced and will learn from this harsh experience, nonsense Mr Manager you signed them, you knew what last season was like, you knew what this season would need in terms of players but still you signed players that are young, inexperienced and are obviously not learnig from harsh experiences.
Your forgetting something.....to sign older experienced players you need money.....we ain't got any.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Absolutely gutted with that result. As a group we have to react to mistakes so much better.
As a young group mistakes are the only way for them to learn so I will never criticise them for that but it's always what you do after the mistakes that makes the difference and our reaction today at going 1-1 was poor.
At 2-1 they went again and gave everything but that's easy to do when there is nothing to lose.
We have to be totally committed to winning games and not care about making a mistake.
The best players and the best teams in the world make mistakes but always come back strong.
This group have a very bright future as a team and as individuals but we need to realise it and push towards it no matter what anybody says or whatever may go wrong along the way.
Really tough to take tonight.
Thanks for the support that stuck with us throughout the game and I'm truly sorry we couldn't deliver that cup run that we all desperately wanted.
All we can do is prepare for Saturday now and get this season back on track.
2 goals still achievable in the FA trophy and the league. As always, it's a long old season.

Nicho

Same old copy and pasted shit excuses from Nicho again tonight.

Losing patience with him and the team...
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

If it is an issue with fitness, I thought we were going to be the fittest team in the league this season? At least that was what we were being told during pre season. If only it were tyre flipping and not chasing a ball for 90 minutes. Ah well.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

portugull wrote:We all have short memories. Last season it took Nicho a while to sort out the team and the key signings in my memory bank were Moore Racchi Harrad and Bliss.
........ and Verma and Josh Rees. Rees is a clever player - moves the ball on quickly. He is playing for Chelmsford now in National South and they are going very well. We could very well be playing them next season. Harrad was the perfect foil for Blissett. We are missing his 'know how' this season. Sadly, our budget couldn't stretch to the sort of contracts Harrad and Racchi were looking for, although I don't know where Raachi has ended up.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I had a lucky escape tonight. Last week, knowing I was going to be in the South East, I bought a ticket for Brighton v Wolves. If I'd held off I could have ended up in Woking tonight and been even more miserable tonight.

Out of the FA Cup, no signs of progress in the league, no money, a diminishing fanbase (and who could blame us).

It's not looking good.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

I just don't understand GG playing RB and Verma as CB,

Verma is a ultility player but ive not heard him play CB, and my understnading was GG was either a holding midfielder or a CB

whats that phrase 'football is a simple game complicated by managers?'
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

What do people expect Nicho to say? "They're all a bunch of see you next tuesdays"? When you make mistakes at work what does your manager do? A good one will back you to the hilt publicly while bollocking you in private. I'm happy with what Nicho said, acknolodging the problems while looking for positives. The moment all Nicho has (or any manager has) is negativity is the moment he needs to go.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084