FA Cup Qualifying - Fourth Round - Torquay v Woking 1-1 - Replay 18/10

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

FA Cup Qualifying - Fourth Round - Torquay v Woking 1-1 - Replay 18/10

Post by Louis »

FA Cup Qualifying - Fourth Round

Torquay

V

Woking

Sat 15 Oct 15:00

All gone very quiet. COYY.

--update--

Replay due to 1-1 draw

TUE 18 OCT 2016 - FA CUP QUALIFYING
Woking v Torquay
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Phoned Plainmoor this morning to buy my ticket claiming my seat in Bristows Bench as a season ticket holder.

Bringing a mate who is a Wolves fan. If we all bring a mate we could double the gate!! Try and persuade a friend,neighbour, relative to sample the Plainmoor experience. The Club desparately needs the money.
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

Without a doubt the biggest game of the season. £12,500 in prize money for this round alone plus whatever gate receipts, prize money and other revenues that subsequent rounds bring.

COYY let's get the team fired for the cup just as Buckle used to. We were a good FA cup team for 3 or 4 years.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Just been to the ground for my tickets and taking my two sons.
The club could do with a good cup run so lets get Plainmoor rocking for this one. I predict a 2-1 win (Reid double) assuming he can play in the FA cup as part of the loan agreement. Attendance - 2163.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Willowgull wrote:Just been to the ground for my tickets and taking my two sons.
The club could do with a good cup run so lets get Plainmoor rocking for this one. I predict a 2-1 win (Reid double) assuming he can play in the FA cup as part of the loan agreement. Attendance - 2163.
Choose another goalscorer (or two) as Reid can't play - cup tied. Chance for Williams?
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Just off to the Turnbull Ground to watch Whitby Town vs Workington. How the mighty have fallen, as I recall many games against Workington (or Workington Town as they were then) in Division 4 in the 1960s. In fact, one of United's unsung heroes came from Workington - Jack Swindells. Hands up anyone who remembers him!
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

massive game this, could the £12K money be the funds we need to sign up Berry!?

Although Reid is cup tied, Williams has to use this chance to impress, believe Verma will be back from injury too

Sparkes 50/50
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

So Gerring has had his ban extended for an obscene gesture when being sent off
what a prize plum-I would would give him a gesture-point him towards the job centre. not a lot of use to the club
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

Good to see BERT back among the correspondents.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Can you actually bet on Williams maintaining his impressive record of a yellow card per game? In the old days the club would sometimes fine players who got booked for dissent. Not a bad idea even if the money went towards the players Christmas party. Gerring would have to chip in a bit for his unprofessional reaction to being sent off and landing himself with an extra 2 game ban.
jimhart

Post by jimhart »

We are long overdue for a rub of the green in the FA Cup.
But to start with we need to progress on the pitch in the early rounds.
Got a good feeling for this Saturday so attending with great hope!!!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I see that Williams is due to play I hope he plays well but I don't think he is a good partner for Blissett. We need crosses where are they going to come from perhaps Nicho could supply them. It was crosses that got Blissett his goals last season and we've lost the players that supplied them.

If Williams does not work out I wish Nicho would try Chaney more central up with Blissett.
Last edited by arcadia on 14 Oct 2016, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

I feel optimistic about Saturday. I don't know why, but I think we'll do well. Maybe brucie will be there for the first time this season, while old favourites like stefano, tomogull, gateman and samuel perhaps will turn up too. The only old codger absentee will be wivelgull, who will be watching Whitby Town vs Marine at the Turnbull Ground.
So:
TUFC (2) 4
Woking (0) 1

Att: 2587.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote:I feel optimistic about Saturday. I don't know why, but I think we'll do well. Maybe brucie will be there for the first time this season, while old favourites like stefano, tomogull, gateman and samuel perhaps will turn up too. The only old codger absentee will be wivelgull, who will be watching Whitby Town vs Marine at the Turnbull Ground.
So:
TUFC (2) 4
Woking (0) 1
Att: 2587.
Bliddy 'ell, Wivel - take your medicine and go and lie down ! Yes - I shall be there, ever hopeful that this is the season we match some of the F.A. Cup thrills of many moons ago. I think you're being very optimistic about both the scoreline and the attendance. I'm hoping for a win of course - maybe 1 -0 or 2 - 1 - but we shall be doing well if we reach the magic attendance figure of 1800. Sadly, the F.A. Cup is no longer the attraction it once was. The Premier League has seen to that. This is a very, very important game for both clubs because Woking have financial difficulties of their own. £12,500 would be a boost for either club.

On the Chester/Torquay thread, I forecast a 0 - 1 defeat for Whitby against Workington last Tuesday. I see you held out for a 1 - 1 draw. I'll forecast a 3 - 1 victory for the seasiders against Marine (where the hell do they come from ??) on Saturday - attendance 542 at the Turnbull Ground. :whistle: