FA Cup Qualifying - Fourth Round - Torquay v Woking 1-1 - Replay 18/10

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

PhilGull wrote:What do people expect Nicho to say? "They're all a bunch of see you next tuesdays"? When you make mistakes at work what does your manager do? A good one will back you to the hilt publicly while bollocking you in private. I'm happy with what Nicho said, acknolodging the problems while looking for positives. The moment all Nicho has (or any manager has) is negativity is the moment he needs to go.

I know that Kevin has no money to spend and I know that the team we have are a mediocre Conference side at best, but when you're dominating a game for the first 45 minutes, go into half time leading and then do the polar opposite in the second 45, one must look at the manager. What on earth does Kevin say in the dressing room?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
yellowblackwhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Hargreaves

Post by yellowblackwhite »

People obviously have varying opinions as do I. Lets be honest the classic Nico post game statement is a little same-same now, regardless of the team performances. We win and he says 'they are a young team... blablabla' We lose and he says 'they are a young team... blablabla' - sadly his approach to post game statements and his young team excuses are only going to further reduce the number of supporters, that of course will reduce revenue. I am no mathematician but with all the money from the pre-season sale of reduced price season tickets gone and a dwindling gate receipt, a break even gulls nest and no monthly revenue from food, kit, or sponsor contributions (90% of all current sponsors have already paid up). I think administration is very much on the cards. Personally I think it will be the best thing, a reality check that if you have quite clearly the wrong people behind the scenes at this level a club will fail. A final point, Steve Breed and Deano really put us in this position, hats off to Thea who tried so hard to invest her late husbands legacy in the club, but if you analysed everything that happened including the under-publicised theft of a share certificate by ***** (the shares were given to a said person to hold on the basis of a transfer and sale that never happened and had to be purchased back from that person who got them initially for £0, then I am sure that most of you would agree that we have been hung, drawn and quartered and as they say, left out to dry!
yellowblackwhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Hargreaves

Post by yellowblackwhite »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:
I know that Kevin has no money to spend and I know that the team we have are a mediocre Conference side at best, but when you're dominating a game for the first 45 minutes, go into half time leading and then do the polar opposite in the second 45, one must look at the manager. What on earth does Kevin say in the dressing room?
Why oh why do people speak about Nico as if he is some sort of football god. Yes he had a good career with TUFC and as a player I liked him but just because he may be seen as some type of TUFC legend doesn't make him a great manager. Yes we dodged relegation last season but it wasn't good football that saved us. Any other club of our stature with money at this level would SACK him - we just don't have the money...
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

yellowblackwhite wrote: Why oh why do people speak about Nico as if he is some sort of football god. Yes he had a good career with TUFC and as a player I liked him but just because he may be seen as some type of TUFC legend doesn't make him a great manager. Yes we dodged relegation last season but it wasn't good football that saved us. Any other club of our stature with money at this level would SACK him - we just don't have the money...

In what way did I portray Kevin as a "football god?"
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
uffculmegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: jim fryatt

Post by uffculmegull »

TIME FOR A RAMBLE AND RANT METHINKS.
In the same way that Nicholson does his post match Blah Blah (Explanation of blah blah) speaks lots says little of inportance comments which have gone past the credible in terms of explaining how we lost yet another winning position, by extension, and as a direct result anything he does say of interest will ultimately be seen in a similar fashion which is unfortunate in so many ways.
No matter what the board and Kevin may think we are not idiots, we know when players are not putting in a full shift, when they are struggling at this level, when they believe they are better than they actually are, after the garbage and frusration we have had to endure in these last weeks it will be very frusrtaing if Nicholson has kept money back to bring in a batch of quality loanees as he did last year becomes it means to me that his reputation is more inportant than the club, and I do hope I am proved wrong.
I think that going into adminstration as another contributor has suggested will gain us nothing unless it becomes the last and only resort for the club, although I agree it has to be on the minds of the directors, | see another director left today, other than a damaging points deduction and trying to catch the players as they run for the M5 and encouraging the Masters Mafia from Cornwall from trying to acquire us for next to nothing, what possible benefit is there for Torquay.
The phrase due diligence in relation to prospective purchasers obviously means something totally different to the board than it does to us mere mortals.
How can Masters have beeen considered a preferred bidder when the club he currently owns is being run into the ground, begged for half a million of investment pre season to keep them going at this level, is arguing over control over the new ground that may or may not come to fruition, and hands out banning orders to fans like confetti that have the temerity to argue with his view of life on social media, can you imagine how few of us would be left going through the gate if he arrived, One of our directors should take a drive to Truro and spend a few hours asking random people what they think of the masters family, are they trustworthy, do they have any money of their own etc, but heh,what do I know, I would be looking for an owner that could take us forward , had some investment money obviously, doesnt have to be a life long fan , prefer a background in running a large business as opposed to a corner shop, I wouldnt be looking at a preferred bidder on the sole basis of what I am going to make out of it.
I understand that the TUST are having a meeting with the board this afternoon after they commisioned the financial report on the club, Interesting to see what comes out of that from either side bearing in mind the TUST had to sign a confidentality clause before been allowed access to our club.
Got go sign off now clarity medication is wearing off!!!!.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Look on the bright side, at least we won't get spanked this year by a team in a lower division than us.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Oil Beef Hooked wrote:Look on the bright side, at least we won't get spanked this year by a team in a lower division than us.
And a share of the gate receipts at Woking (800 crowd) :-|
Lucy
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Oil Beef Hooked wrote:Look on the bright side, at least we won't get spanked this year by a team in a lower division than us.
What about in the FA Trophy?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I think last night could have been the last throw of the dice financially, you can't pay players more than what's coming in. Next week will be interesting if the directors turn up. I think everyone is disappointed we did not get a win last night we might have had a good Christmas.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

arcadia wrote:I think last night could have been the last throw of the dice financially, you can't pay players more than what's coming in. Next week will be interesting if the directors turn up. I think everyone is disappointed we did not get a win last night we might have had a good Christmas.
If you're talking about the Fans' Forum next week forget it, it's postponed.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

nickbrod wrote: If you're talking about the Fans' Forum next week forget it, it's postponed.
No I was right they won't turn up.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

yellowblackwhite wrote: Why oh why do people speak about Nico as if he is some sort of football god. Yes he had a good career with TUFC and as a player I liked him but just because he may be seen as some type of TUFC legend doesn't make him a great manager. Yes we dodged relegation last season but it wasn't good football that saved us. Any other club of our stature with money at this level would SACK him - we just don't have the money...
Nicho is a good manager - he proved that last season. He's doing a great job with the players that the money available can buy. Sacking him would achieve nothing and would set back the team building process he's started with this group of players.

Plus he drives the frigging bus!

Sometimes in life you have to be thankful for what you have got and not rant on about what you want.

COYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scarf:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

gullpower wrote: Nicho is a good manager - he proved that last season. He's doing a great job with the players that the money available can buy. Sacking him would achieve nothing and would set back the team building process he's started with this group of players.

Plus he drives the frigging bus!

Sometimes in life you have to be thankful for what you have got and not rant on about what you want.

COYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scarf:
WHO SAID SACK HIM?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

........ and that's exactly the point - THERE'S NO MONEY !!!! if there was money, we wouldn't be in the position we are now. In the present state the club is in, even Jose Mourinho wouldn't be able to get us into the top half of the National league. And he wouldn't drive the friggin minibus. By the way, our form at the end of last season was second only to Cheltenham so if it wasn't good football (by National League standards) that saved us, what did? Ridiculous post - sorry.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

You're a plank.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468