FA Cup Qualifying - Fourth Round - Torquay v Woking 1-1 - Replay 18/10

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Burnhamgull wrote:Yes. Predictable really.
When your lucks out.......
:@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: FFS!!!
Have they just scored?
So I heard SNW!! :lol:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Full time yet? Score?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

1-1 FT.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gloomy Gull wrote: So I heard SNW!! :lol:
Touché! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

1-1 ft.

Another sh*t result.Its amazing how many times we've been leading at home only to be pegged back by the opposition. Nico said no team would out work us. Perhaps the team are gym fit not football fit.

Gallifuoco has proved to be a very poor signing, amongst a glut of poor signings, but he will have to play the next few games following the idiotic actions of Gerring.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

More of the same really and I see today that Taunton Town attracted 1282 for their home game with the mighty Hemel Hempstead. Finished 0-0 and Taunton are still in the cup.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
TUFC2016

Post by TUFC2016 »

Guildford Gull wrote:1-1 ft.

Another sh*t result.Its amazing how many times we've been leading at home only to be pegged back by the opposition. Nico said no team would out work us. Perhaps the team are gym fit not football fit.

Gallifuoco has proved to be a very poor signing, amongst a glut of poor signings, but he will have to play the next few games following the idiotic actions of Gerring.

Chaney wasnt today, hes bulked up but looked exhasusted after 60mins, was he subbed off - no

Anyone know why Verma got taken off? That decision changed the game, him and Luke Young were the best two on the pitch at HT
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Burnhamgull wrote:More of the same really and I see today that Taunton Town attracted 1282 for their home game with the mighty Hemel Hempstead. Finished 0-0 and Taunton are still in the cup.
The difference being that the fourth qualifying round is a big game for Taunton Town, with a win putting them in the first round proper, something that doesn't happen very often. For us, well, it's a qualifying game for the FA Cup, it's just not a game to grab peoples interest.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

PhilGull wrote: The difference being that the fourth qualifying round is a big game for Taunton Town, with a win putting them in the first round proper, something that doesn't happen very often. For us, well, it's a qualifying game for the FA Cup, it's just not a game to grab peoples interest.
What game does these days?

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Bornagull23

Post by Bornagull23 »

Well another pile of s##t . That's me finished , I've had enough of leaving p##t off after most games only for the people who run the club to sit in the posh seats telling us the club has no money. Well today was a chance to approve the bank balance a little, but our second half performance was clueless.
If you go to the theatre and see a poor show you don't go again well after 45 years I've seen 1 poor show to many, my season ticket will stay in the draw.
If this once great club does not get someone in to run the business correctly there will be no business.
Please can someone tell me why the away end needs to be opened for 48 fans. I have been to many away games where we had to seat in the stand ?
Please can someone tell me why once in the pop side before the game, you can't go and spend money in the clubs bar
Please can someone tell me why today a father was stopped from spending money in the bar because his son was under age and could not enter, yet the last home game there was a kids birthday party going on in the bar
The people running this club are nothing short of useless
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

This makes perfect sense - acknowledge that the club b needs more money, then profess that you won't go again and will spend your money elsewhere. Mixing threads a little bit but this is why I don't post on here as much any more - most of the posts are people proudly proclaiming how they are turning their back on the club.

For what it's worth I was there today so I witnessed it.

It was a close game we probably edged on chances but I think the blame has to fall at Nico's door for this one. Williams was pretty ineffective as ever (surely we'll be trying to offload in January), and should have been replaced a good 15mins before he was. I assume that Verma was not 100% fit as he was one of the better performers. Some very dodgy keeping from Moore today as well. Too many 5/10 performances today, besides Young and Chaney nobody played above par.

Given that I went to Woking earlier in the season, wouldn't back us in the replay
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

With so many 5/10 performances to enjoy, it's easy to see why people prefer to spend their money elsewhere.

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Burnhamgull wrote:More of the same really and I see today that Taunton Town attracted 1282 for their home game with the mighty Hemel Hempstead. Finished 0-0 and Taunton are still in the cup.
FYI-torquay drawing 1-1 means we are still in cup :-D . So not quite sure what your post was supposed to illustrate. Big match for Taunton. Ok, we didn't win, but at least It's a winnable replay. Like to read the Wrexham forum tonight, only drawing away at Stanford. Tranmere out, forest green out, Lincoln drawing against guiesley. It's the cup it produces unusual results.
Lucy
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Point taken.

The draw could be just a temporary reprieve though.