Gateshead v Torquay Sat 1 Oct 2016 match thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

GG hits inside of post from corner - ball roles across the line and Williams heads it wide (somehow)
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Long away trip and kept a clean sheet. Happy with that.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Tarrboy1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tarrboy1 »

A good point all in all. Hopefully stopped the rot and we can kick on again from here.

COYY
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Great result and clean sheet well done everyone it's a start.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

No Joe Ward or Chay Scrivens in the squad? Have they both returned to WBA ??
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

It was an extraordinary miss. Williams knew how bad it was and talked Nicho through the stooping header - and possibility he could've tapped in with his right foot - as they left the pitch.

In truth, I see little chance of us having an easier chance to snatch a win at the end of an away game. After the penalty miss (Moore was clearly fouled, and no-one appealed for handball) and the red cards (Gerring seemed unlucky to be dismissed), Gateshead pretty much fell apart.

We were more effective in our use of the extra space and time on the ball, but a combination of poor passing (after LRT's surging runs) and poor decision making in and around the box (all the strikers) cost us chances in open play.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Are my eyes deceiving me ? No. I've put on my glasses and it's still the same. I know you can't believe everything you read in the papers, but ...... WHITBY TOWN ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE !! Wivel will be ecstatic. A 2 - 0 home win against Sutton Coldfield lifts them to unknown heights. Come on, you seasiders !!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Thank you, tomogull. I thought we were second, but I'll take first! Having been a TUFC supporter since March 1963 and knowing how fragile promotion hopes are I won't hold my breath, but good times (and how few they are) are back at the Turnbull. The manager has won NPL Manager of the Month, too. Trouble is ( and TFC supporters know only too well) the 'crowds'. We drew 249 yesterday. Nevertheless the club is in (as far as I gather) good financial shape. So come on, WestYorkshireGull and Yorkie andy gull and others nearby - make a trip to the Turnbull!