Torquay United v Maidstone

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

1-3

Normal service resumed
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

What a load of shite. Another defensive error :@
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

2-3 Blissett again

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Chaney on for Lathrope
Steve

Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

FT 2:3
Steve

TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

A very early Xmas present for Maidstone, we gave them ALL 3 goals

At no point did they ever create much themsevles we handed them all their chances/shots/goals on a plate.

Durrell berry is off to Truro for some match fitness, hopefully Verma will be displaced soon,

but please someone find us a Left Back, LRT was dismal today!

On a slight postie 4-3-3 made us better in the midfield - When we used it, too much hoofball

Richards with a very poor game, how Chaney was allowed on first was a joke

Lathrope holding with Ward and Young in front would be decent
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Woeful performance. LRT was atrocious, got to be one of the worst LB's I've ever seen. Richards was useless. From the start the atmosphere was toxic, I think everyone knew what was coming. No idea why Ward is on the bench and I hope Williams is injured because there's no reason why he's been left out of the side.

The formation and the choice of starting XI was wrong, so there's little improvement there for Nicholson, but let's be honest, the players simply aren't good enough, we don't have any money so we can't bring anyone in, Nicho has nothing to work with. I wouldn't be surprised if we soon start seeing wages becoming unavailable.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

LRT and GG were very poor, at fault for goals 3 and 2 respectively. Moore was the cause of the first. Didn't think Richards was as bad as people were making out but certainly not his best game. Thought McGinty worked hard to get us back in some sort of shape and had the balls to want the ball, as did Verma. It didn't always work out but wanting the ball in what was at one point a toxic atmosphere shows some courage. Thought Young was good and Blissett, though he tired.
First improvement would be at left-back and then centre-half. As said above KN has little room for maneuvere.
TUST number 080
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Woeful performance. LRT was atrocious, got to be one of the worst LB's I've ever seen. Richards was useless. From the start the atmosphere was toxic, I think everyone knew what was coming. No idea why Ward is on the bench and I hope Williams is injured because there's no reason why he's been left out of the side.

The formation and the choice of starting XI was wrong, so there's little improvement there for Nicholson, but let's be honest, the players simply aren't good enough, we don't have any money so we can't bring anyone in, Nicho has nothing to work with. I wouldn't be surprised if we soon start seeing wages becoming unavailable.
Williams was injured
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

This is also Nicholsons team now. It's not a team he inherited.

Enjoy your Saturday evening.

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Thought selection was wrong for the formation Young would have been better employed deeper where he ended up the last 15 minutes. Chaney should be given a run in the side in the hole the position suites him.

The two fullbacks had games to forget.

A game to forget!

I still think we should play 4-4-1-1 away from home with Chaney just behind Blissett. with a midfield of Sparkes,Richards,Young and Ward THE backfour is a problem as I would only pick McGinty. We may be better with him on his own but Verma is not a bad player over night he's been ok up to today. :keepie:
Last edited by arcadia on 24 Sep 2016, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Burnhamgull wrote:This is also Nicholsons team now. It's not a team he inherited.
Enjoy your Saturday evening.
But he did inherit a dire financial situation at the club, which was bound to have an impact on the squad and players he was able to bring in.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Gullscorer wrote: But he did inherit a dire financial situation at the club, which was bound to have an impact on the squad and players he was able to bring in.
We can't always use the financial position as an excuse.

Why do several player insist on lumping it forward and hoping somebody will get on it. Has KB coached them to do this?
He chose to bring in LRT, quite frankly one of the worst LB's I've seen at Plainmoor in 30 years.

KN can do all the media and publicity work he wants but apart from Sparkes, I can't see much talent on the pitch today and won't be rushing back anytime soon.

BTW the Maidstone fans were a credit to their club today for the support they gave from start to finish.

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Where do I start ? Holy shit a brick. You just can not go through 90 minutes and play against a side, today, Maidstone, who were no better than us an expect to win defending like that, but Maidstone did win, however the most annoying thing, they've scored all three of their goals off DIRECT assists from Torquay players, HOW ?

Not often I feel the need to single out a player, but today I'm going to, LRT, snoop, more like droop. That's got to be the single worst display from a TUFC player since Dean Mooney played for the club. LRT, if you had anything about you, you'd publicly apologise and donate this week wages to the player fund.

Please can we have Gerring back in, and McGinty to left back.

Not sparing Nicho here either, what possessed you to pick Lathrope in the starting line, really ? unfit, can't run, you'd have been better picking my 80 year mother to play in there.

And for that pitiful shambles of a display at half time, wtf was that all about. Dumb, dumb, dumber, stupid and fruitloop, banging on, and on, and on, and on, about something or other, on a PA system that either doesn't work, or they didn't know how to use.

Totally embarrassing day for our once great football club.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

forevertufc wrote:Where do I start ? Holy sh!t a brick. You just can not go through 90 minutes and play against a side, today, Maidstone, who were no better than us an expect to win defending like that, but Maidstone did win, however the most annoying thing, they've scored all three of their goals off DIRECT assists from Torquay players, HOW ?

Not often I feel the need to single out a player, but today I'm going to, LRT, snoop, more like droop. That's got to be the single worst display from a TUFC player since Dean Mooney played for the club. LRT, if you had anything about you, you'd publicly apologise and donate this week wages to the player fund.

Please can we have Gerring back in, and McGinty to left back.

Not sparing Nicho here either, what possessed you to pick Lathrope in the starting line, really ? unfit, can't run, you'd have been better picking my 80 year mother to play in there.

And for that pitiful shambles of a display at half time, wtf was that all about. Dumb, dumb, dumber, stupid and fruitloop, banging on, and on, and on, and on, about something or other, on a PA system that either doesn't work, or they didn't know how to use.

Totally embarrassing day for our once great football club.
:goodpost: