Torquay United v Maidstone

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Lloyder5 wrote: I do agree with you and the pics of Trump would only help. A defenders first responsibility is to clear danger and that is about making a quick decision. If row Z is the outcome then so be it. The problem is my 'friend' would be yelling 'disgrace'.
Stop demonising Donald Trump; he's America's hero. Hilary Clinton is a far more legitimate target. :)
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote: Well, we're in for a good 'un at Whitby Town, there's no doubt about that. Optimism and a general sense of every game being looked forward to rather than dreaded is in the air at the Turnbull Ground. Yes, we lost our first league game of the season today, but that was bound to happen sometime or other.
Good to see the seasiders riding high in the league and if they win on Tuesday night, they could be top of the league !!! Er .... they're not in the market for a left back by any chance, are they ?? ;-)

Forever - I seem to recall that you posted you might not be able to attend many matches after the end of September due to pending change of job. I hope that doesn't mean fewer postings from you. We need a bit of reason and sanity on here ! As someone who hasd been through redundancy, I know it is a worrying time. I was out of work and 'signing on' for six months which was humiliating. I eventually found another job and I was much happier than in my previous employment. Several work colleagues who lost their jobs at the same time all found new jobs sooner or later and I think all of them were happier in their new work. We have never met but you come across on here as a reasonable and logical sort of guy (see? I'm writing you a job reference!) so I suspect you won't be out of work for long. So good luck and like me - I hope you will be happier in whatever job comes your way. :-D
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Hi Tommo.

Have since been offered and taken an internal transfer to another branch in a different job role, have offered to work Sunday's to have Saturdays off :) . 5 months ago when the company announced they were restructuring (great word!!) and decided to remove the whole section I was employed in, I also took the decision to take my LGV class 2 licence and have since passed that as well, having been made redundant in a company closure before, and always the chance of being victim of further restructuring in the future, call it an insurance policy.

Any how, will be posting as when, it's difficult right now, as so many seemed to have given up on the club. Any time you want to meet up, buzz me a PM and we'll sort something :-D
Formerly known as forevertufc
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

forevertufc wrote:Hi Tommo.

Have since been offered and taken an internal transfer to another branch in a different job role, have offered to work Sunday's to have Saturdays off :) . 5 months ago when the company announced they were restructuring (great word!!) and decided to remove the whole section I was employed in, I also took the decision to take my LGV class 2 licence and have since passed that as well, having been made redundant in a company closure before, and always the chance of being victim of further restructuring in the future, call it an insurance policy.

Any how, will be posting as when, it's difficult right now, as so many seemed to have given up on the club. Any time you want to meet up, buzz me a PM and we'll sort something :-D
Good news, Forever. I'm glad it has all worked out okay for you although after last Saturday, you might have had second thoughts about working on Sundays and having Saturdays off ! Yep - we all know what 'Company Re-structuring' means. Also congratulations on passing your LGV class 2 licence. Always good to have a second string to your bow nowadays. :-D