Woking v Torquay Tuesday 13 Septamber 2016 (k.o.7:45 pm)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Gullscorer wrote:I suppose, after those recent improved performances, that we should have half-expected a performance like that yesterday. Kevin Nicholson's analysis was spot on, and we should have faith in him to deal with the problem. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37360102

Yes the squad is lightweight in a few areas, and a senior player or two with experience would benefit the squad considerably. However, such players come a little bit more expensive, and would probably be more than the budget could cover right now.

Besides which, the second half of the season, when we'll have a clearer picture of the situation regarding injuries and suspensions and of where it's necessary to strengthen the side, along with the availability of loanees, will be the time to bring players in for the home run.

In the meantime, carry on with the coaching, training and fitness regimes, and continue the contributions to the Players Fund..
As always a realistic and honest response from KN. But weren't we supposed to be the fittest side in the league this season? To be knackered after 45 minutes in the 10th game of the season would suggest otherwise.
Lucy
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

We were second best all night and lucky to be ahead at half-time. Would like to know the reason Ward was subbed at the interval.
Our players fit? No way compared with part-time Woking.
We could easily have lost that with a far heavier scoreline.
What the manager hasn't said is that he got the tactics wrong. I maintain the players didn't lose to Lincoln nor to Woking but the manager's novice knowledge did.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

torq2u wrote: I swapped over from Radio Devon because the commentator was spouting such inane things (eg 10 minutes into the game, saying about the journey home being so much fun after a win) (!) and he could not get GG's name right. It is NOT Jellfiaco. OK Call me Mr Picky.
...... and didn't I hear the commentator on more than one occasion say something like 'their striker, Rowe-Turner, looks a dangerous player', presumably meaning their double barrel named player, Sam-Yorke. :-/
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

About as sh*t as I remember it. Can see why Moore wasn't happy with the first goal though - I'd say that was a pretty clear handball. Not saying it changed the result or anything as we were poor, but thats the sort of break we don't seem to get
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

what a massive miss by the officials for their first goal!

Correct it may not have changed the result but we conceded at a poor time of the half, the longer it stayed 1-0 the more likely we could have held out!