Torquay United v York City - Saturday 10th September 2016

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

I posted that LRT was a weakness a few weeks ago, since then he has played pretty well. It is is still probably the case that left back is an area to strengthen. As far as LRT goes, disagree with the above it is his lack of positional sense that gets him into trouble and his athleticism that gets him out of it. I agree that he nullified the threat of Felix yesterday. Whilst I think GG would do ok in a defensive midfield role, McGinty and Gerring is not a good partnership, one or the other to mark the regular 'fat' centre-forward but not both. We would be caught for pace and be constantly hoofing the ball upfield.
TUST number 080
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Gulliball wrote: Blimey, is a pat on the back not enough any more?
:~D

"but hey, he couldn't have got any closer to scoring over the last few weeks if he'd tried, he was missing by the width of gnats cock." (quote)

I've been on the internet all morning trying to find out the width of a gnat's cock. As Nathan's misses have been by about two feet, it's no wonder the little b*ggers have trouble flying ......

Reason to feel optimistic - for the whole of last September, we picked up three points - draws against Welling (relegated), Kidderminster (relegated) and Guiseley (should have been relegated). This September, we've already got three points :clap:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Lloyder5 wrote:I posted that LRT was a weakness a few weeks ago, since then he has played pretty well. It is is still probably the case that left back is an area to strengthen. As far as LRT goes, disagree with the above it is his lack of positional sense that gets him into trouble and his athleticism that gets him out of it. I agree that he nullified the threat of Felix yesterday. Whilst I think GG would do ok in a defensive midfield role, McGinty and Gerring is not a good partnership, one or the other to mark the regular 'fat' centre-forward but not both. We would be caught for pace and be constantly hoofing the ball upfield.
I laughed at this because I agree with your post but feel it's his footballing brain that gets him out of the mistakes that his lack of athleticism causes.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Great win for the lads yesterday, a dominant display in the first half and, all in all, a pretty good performance against a woeful York City side. Delighted for Bliss, totally deserved his two goals and he loves his new song...Blisset's on fire!

Without trying to sound negative, the defence is still an issue for me. Some sloppy moments by GG and even though McGinity's performance was the best yet, I can only imagine that a better opposition would've brought the scoreline to a draw in the second half when we sat back for the last part of the game.

Looking forward to the trip up to Woking, hoping we can bring back points back to Devon and boost our confidence further.
Got to agree with you about GG but I feel the switch to 4-4-2 after 60minutes may have caused our blip as there was no one in front of the centre halves at times.
Your right McGinty played well.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Southampton Gull wrote: I laughed at this because I agree with your post but feel it's his footballing brain that gets him out of the mistakes that his lack of athleticism causes.
This could go on... :)
TUST number 080