Braintree v Torquay mon 29th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Kernowgull wrote:EE have just announced a deal with BT, free BT sport for 6 months for all customers.
I wouldn't go near EE with a barge pole. Terrible contracts, terrible customer service.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

What I am really hoping for is a 4th qualifying round match between Whitby Town and Torquay United (or vice-versa). As Mr. tomogull rightly says I have been suffering from nose-bleeds and lying down in dark rooms since the beginning of the season. In front of the highest home crowd so far (302) we over-ran a demoralised Frickley Athletic side (they did well last season and all their good players have left for greater things). Next Saturday we begin our F.A. Cop odyssey against Winsford United (North West Counties League) at home [1st qualifying round] ;they are two 'steps' below us. With 3000 up for grabs it's a big game. I'm sure TUFC supporters can associated a lot of my Whitby Town experiences with Torquay United ones - I know I can! £3000 quid - how useful is that!
Incidentally, Whitby Town held a big musical bash a couple of weeks ago, it attracted thousands and we are expecting a large cash windfall from this. Reading about the 'Yellowfest' I wondered if perhaps TUFC should have aimed higher. Our musical bash featured two original bands: 10cc and The Real Thing (a bit after my time admittedly) as well as two regionally popular combos. I think it was the 'name band' factor that drew the crowds. It cost £38 for a ten-hour session, as it were, and everyone seemed happy.
Also, it struck me that Yorkieandygull and Westyorkshire gull (and any other nearby fans) might like a day out in Whitby sometime - so why not go on a Saturday and visit the Turnbull Ground?
BraintreeTV
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Daniel Sparkes

Post by BraintreeTV »

Braintree TV highlights of the game are at:- http://www.braintree-tv.com/player.php?v=31-08-16&s=773
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

cant find them on there
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Cheers for that. Good extended footage.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Southampton Gull wrote:Cheers for that. Good extended footage.
Agree. However I love the local advertising and personal messages in the footage. Some think Torquay could use in the future
Lucy
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

That 'news' video on the whole was pretty painful, the highlights on the other hand were actually of pretty good quality, focusing on players when they score and take set pieces etc. Akinola looks a pretty decent player too.