North Ferriby v TUFC Match thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You are an idiot - a positive?

Hate to say I told you so but I told you so. Wake up and smell the coffee - we are totally inept.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Dutchgull wrote:ANOTHER booking for Williams ! What the hell is wrong with him ??
We have got a new Rene Howe in the team. How many yellow cards did he get in a season?
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

brucie wrote:You are an idiot - a positive?

Hate to say I told you so but I told you so. Wake up and smell the coffee - we are totally inept.
Thank you Brucie kind and polite as ever :lol: :lol:
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Dutchgull wrote: Thank you Brucie kind and polite as ever :lol: :lol:
Ignore him Dutchgull he's only posting due to our poor start

He's not a TUFC supporter
teignmouth54
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by teignmouth54 »

North Ferriby is a village and civil parish in the Haltemprice area of the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. Population 3,893.

We were lucky. We could have been playing the full Ferriby team!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Brucie has got a fair point.

Today we lost to a village team that some have never heard of in front of 505 spectators.

Anyone who was deluded enough, pre-season, to talk of pushes for promotion is probably under 25.

Mid table will do for me. At the moment, and I know it's early, we're looking at the opposite end of the table.

Signs of progression on the pitch would make me WANT to return to Plainmoor. I'm sure many others would do the same.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

We havnt gelled yet
TUST MEMBER
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

"North Ferriby winning. Sorry to say this but Torquay have been horrible far from the team I remember"

The reaction of Danny Racchi on Twitter who was at the game today ..... says it all really. There is something wrong with things at TQ1 at the moment - we were promised a team who would be fitter than any other team, who would go to war in every game, who we would be proud of ..... cannot see it myself. In all honesty, when you look at the two teams (and this would also include Sutton on Tuesday) and based on their individual career records there are not too many (on paper at least) of the players in our side that you would swap for the opposition, but for whatever reason, it just isn't happening. WHY?????
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Based on the Match Report on the OS it sounds like we should have won by 6 goals to 2!!

North Ferriby won the FA Trophy last season beating Wrexham at Wembley on penalties.They are no village team as 6 of the side have played for Hull City a Premier League Club.They are owned by the son of the Hull City owner who is a multi millionaire.

Very interesting CP Gull that Danny Racchi was at the game today as I think he is a real big miss for us. Would love him back in the side. Good player with the right experience.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

This must be the lowest number of match and post-match contributions ever.
Talking of past players.....I watched Whitby Town vs Corby Town today (we won 1-0) and noticed that Corby had two ex-United players (or loanees) in their ranks. Both were poor: the first was called O'Neil Odofin (slow and ponderous, not Northern Premier League level) and the second Callum Ball (big and bustling, but not much else). I never saw these players in TUFC colours, but things must have slipped badly in the last three seasons (i.e. since I last saw United) if these two were in a line-up.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Guildford Gull wrote:According to the Herald the players drove up to North Ferriby in their own cars. Not sure why this is necessary unless Bay Link Travel only have one coach. Hardly the best preparation for the game and another example of the poor way the club is run.
I didn't think Kevin sounded best pleased in his pre-match interview on Radio Devon that players had to drive to the match - totally amateurish in my view. As Portugal has posted, Dave Thomas (H.E.) said that Danny Raachi was at the match and (quote) "he is injured at present and without a club" so presumably he is no longer at Wrexham. I wonder ...... We could certainly do with him back in midfield.

Two goals. We are currently the lowest scoring side in the National League.
Last edited by tomogull on 20 Aug 2016, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

wivelgull wrote:This must be the lowest number of match and post-match contributions ever.
Because slowly but surely, fans are drifting away from the club and finding other things to do with their Saturdays.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular

Post by A Realist »

wivelgull wrote:This must be the lowest number of match and post-match contributions ever.
Talking of past players.....I watched Whitby Town vs Corby Town today (we won 1-0) and noticed that Corby had two ex-United players (or loanees) in their ranks. Both were poor: the first was called O'Neil Odofin (slow and ponderous, not Northern Premier League level) and the second Callum Ball (big and bustling, but not much else). I never saw these players in TUFC colours, but things must have slipped badly in the last three seasons (i.e. since I last saw United) if these two were in a line-up.
I've seen Odofin play a few times, mainly for the youngsters and he wasn't even good enough at that level. He got a few minutes under Hargreaves but he is nowhere near the standard required for NL Prem level.

Ball was only a short term loan and has played a few games at a higher level so I'm a bit surprised he has ended up there.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

teignmouth54 wrote:North Ferriby is a village and civil parish in the Haltemprice area of the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. Population 3,893.

We were lucky. We could have been playing the full Ferriby team!
actually you all do a disservice to North Ferriby. They are not quite the minnow team you think they are. They won the FA Trophy beating Wrexham. on that they went on to gain promotion and have had quite a few really good players in their squad who have gone on to better things, they also have a board including chair and vice chair who have money. which we do not have. look up on their recent history. I have follow their rise for some 4 years now and am not too surprised. many of their players have league one and two experience and some have considerable league experience. how many of our players have that.
Last edited by Glostergull on 20 Aug 2016, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

So we didn't take our chances today. Neither did Liverpool, so we're in good company, though our chances were rather better than Liverpool's. But we defended better than Liverpool did.

I don't blame KN nor the players for this result, but I am extremely angry at those who run the club and organise things so incompetently. I venture to suggest that never before in the club's history have manager and players had to concern themselves with travel arrangements to the extent they're doing these days. What the hell is going on?