Sutton United vTorquay United match thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Any tips for parking around your ground? I understand it's predominantly street parking
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Even without a drum we'll make a decent noise and we'll win this one easily. Courtenay Richards may be out for a few weeks with a hamstring injury, but we'll have Damon Lathrope, and, so far as I can tell, we are improving gradually game by game.

Obviously we're not (yet) a Football League team, but there'll come a time soon when we'll really click and go on a really good run. When that happens there'll be no stopping us.

Sutton 1 Torquay 3

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Jeff wrote:Any tips for parking around your ground? I understand it's predominantly street parking

Jeff... have been to Gander Green Lane before and was one of the lucky ones who managed to squeeze into their small car park. You're right, if you're not there by about 5pm it's a case of find a space in the adjoining streets.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Southampton Gull wrote:Paul Doswell their manager is a friend of mine. We used to play together so I'll get some clarification from him and see where we stand.

Ask him if he fondly remembers a certain Anthony Storey :lol:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Amber SUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Amber SUFC »

United62 wrote:
Jeff... have been to Gander Green Lane before and was one of the lucky ones who managed to squeeze into their small car park. You're right, if you're not there by about 5pm it's a case of find a space in the adjoining streets.
The car park is now reserved for permit holders and officials. If you get to Sutton early there is street parking Or you can use Tesco's car park which is a 15 minute walk from the ground.
Amber SUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Amber SUFC »

Gullscorer wrote:Even without a drum we'll make a decent noise and we'll win this one easily. Courtenay Richards may be out for a few weeks with a hamstring injury, but we'll have Damon Lathrope, and, so far as I can tell, we are improving gradually game by game.

Obviously we're not (yet) a Football League team, but there'll come a time soon when we'll really click and go on a really good run. When that happens there'll be no stopping us.

Sutton 1 Torquay 3

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
One thing I have noticed with NL fans is their optimism both FGR and LC fans thought they would collect three easy points before meeting us. :}
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Amber SUFC wrote: The car park is now reserved for permit holders and officials. If you get to Sutton early there is street parking Or you can use Tesco's car park which is a 15 minute walk from the ground.
Thanks - can you suggest a road worth trying to plum into the sat nav? Driving straight from work tomorrow so could do without the added ball-ache of having to suss somewhere to park
Amber SUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Amber SUFC »

Jeff wrote: Thanks - can you suggest a road worth trying to plum into the sat nav? Driving straight from work tomorrow so could do without the added ball-ache of having to suss somewhere to park
Try Shearwater Road, Sutton, SM1 2AR. It's about 10 mins from ground.

Have a safe journey :)
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Heading up to this one tomorrow on the coach. Expecting a tough game Sutton will go in to it confident after a good win at Lincoln at the weekend.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

On a 3g pitch I fear we will cement our place as bottom half strugglers with a 3-0 defeat
Amber SUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Amber SUFC »

Amber SUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Amber SUFC »

brucie wrote:On a 3g pitch I fear we will cement our place as bottom half strugglers with a 3-0 defeat
Our away form is better away for the past 12 months. So ther is nothing to fear :lol:
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

This is actually our third season down here, so wouldn't have been a second successive relegation, but otherwise a good read.

Have to say I am not a fan of plastic pitches. I have been to a few in Scotland whilst groundhopping and they're never good games. Even when Alloa caused an upset and beat Hibs I just couldn't get into it. It looks like a training ground match rather than having the feel of a first team fixture. Regardless of the financial benefits I would hate us to ever have one as it would take away a lot of the emotion of going to a football match.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Amber SUFC wrote:Match preview:
http://suttonunited.net/news.php#3626
I've just clicked on to the Sutton official website. Very professional and informative with even a photo of a newly installed loo! Some other clubs could learn from their impressive site .......... ;-) ;-)

By the way Amber, Gulls fans have learned over many painful seasons NEVER to be over-optimistic about picking up three 'easy' points. We never do things the easy way.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Amber SUFC wrote: Try Shearwater Road, Sutton, SM1 2AR. It's about 10 mins from ground.

Have a safe journey :)
This is one of the few things I like about no longer being in the League, the helpful and generally friendly nature of the fans.

Thanks Amber. :-D