Sutton United vTorquay United match thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

brucie wrote:Some people will be optimistic but wise old sages such as myself and wivilgull will have seen it all.

The writing is clearly on the wall already. Yet more amateur goings on. The coach we use is FIFTEEN years old. What a joke. The team isn't a patch on last years and we are going to be hard pressed to stay out of the bottom four.

By the sound of it another dire effort as well. Terrible stuff.
Seems the only thing you two haven't seen is a match this season :keepie:
TUST number 080
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No and that's why we are so wise.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

First day of the season - Sutton United 1 Solihull Moors 3. The plastic pitch didn't seem to worry the part-timers from the Midlands. Why is it only us that should salvage an excuse from it?

It has been a disappointing start to the season where we have not yet played anyone that is expected to do well. I have a feeling Sutton - on the crest of a promotion wave - might have that first season blossom but on the whole, if we consider teams like Tranmere, it is unlikely that we will be able to compete with them.
Ausgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs -Legend

Post by Ausgull »

I'm not sure that we have to give it until the end of September to see where the club is heading as we have said that same statement for the past two seasons and we left it far too long last time before the club did anything to stop the slide down the league.
OK we are only four games into the season so how long do you give the existing players a chance to shine, if we want to be in the football league next season I cant see it with this group of players?
No I not being negative as I have supported this club for over 57 years and have seen it all before so I hope Nico doesn't leave it too long to see where the failure's are and strengthens the team.
I see Chris Todd at Eastleigh got the sack at Eastliegh after four games into the season,so much for high expectations!

Tust Member 205
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Ausgull wrote:I'm not sure that we have to give it until the end of September to see where the club is heading as we have said that same statement for the past two seasons and we left it far too long last time before the club did anything to stop the slide down the league.
OK we are only four games into the season so how long do you give the existing players a chance to shine, if we want to be in the football league next season I cant see it with this group of players?
No I not being negative as I have supported this club for over 57 years and have seen it all before so I hope Nico doesn't leave it too long to see where the failure's are and strengthens the team.
I see Chris Todd at Eastleigh got the sack at Eastliegh after four games into the season,so much for high expectations!

Tust Member 205
I'm pretty sure that if the team could be stronger it would be. Nicho appears to have done and be doing all that he can with the resources available to him. Yes, it has been a disappointing start to the season but I firml beleive the more time the squad has together the btter they will become. The further in to the season we get the fitter the players will be and the tighter the squad will become. Unity will win. We will win.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

It must have been bad - even the official site says 'not a good day'. And when the official site has an opinion - watch out!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It took Kevin N. over four months, after he took over as manager last season, to put together a squad capable of that great escape from relegation. I've a feeling it might take him a little longer this season, but we should stick with him and the players; I don't believe any other manager could achieve any better in this situation. What concerns me more is the people running the club itself; for all their good intentions and their years as supporters of the club, their record since taking over does not inspire confidence.