Macclesfield Town v Torquay United 6th August

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

2-0
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

This is grim, we've looked awful at worst and mediocre at best today. We've still yet to test their keeper, and no corners.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

and so it begins......
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

My god that was terrible. Our defence looked incapable of dealing with vast majority of what Macclesfield threw at them. Should have been at least 4-0.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Burnhamgull wrote:and so it begins......
Calm down Burnham, at least give it until Christmas when we are 10 points adrift again :na:

Macc was always going to be a tough test away first game of the season, so i'm not too fussed about this one! I do however want to see a reaction Tuesday and next Saturday against sides who SHOULDN'T do too much damage in the league this term, and both of course at home! The latter I will be down for so they best produce then!

If we were as poor as the stats looked, Nicho won't be afraid to say it as it is. We'll come good, just need a bit of time :scarf:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Could be worse I suppose like losing the opening game 0-3 at home!
GoodringtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jean-Yves Koue-Niate

Post by GoodringtonGull »

Obviously not the result we wanted, but I do think that it's important that fans continue to stick by the management and players! We always knew that this season would be difficult, with the lack of funds and a small squad. Hopefully the lads can put it right on Tuesday night and kick start our season. Remember a couple of seasons ago we got hammered at Gateshead but then dominated Welling the following tues 3-0! Still looking forward to the match at fortress Plainmoor COYY
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

tufc si wrote: Calm down Burnham, at least give it until Christmas when we are 10 points adrift again :na:

Macc was always going to be a tough test away first game of the season, so i'm not too fussed about this one! I do however want to see a reaction Tuesday and next Saturday against sides who SHOULDN'T do too much damage in the league this term, and both of course at home! The latter I will be down for so they best produce then!

If we were as poor as the stats looked, Nicho won't be afraid to say it as it is. We'll come good, just need a bit of time :scarf:
Don't be so sure about that. Bromley have some decent players, and barrow have a solid manager who has spent the owners money wisely and look to have a big strong team with a bit of quality thrown in. They're both top half teams and I imagine barrow will be pushing for a playoff spot.

And I'm personally fussed about every game. Macclesfield are no mugs and have a few decent players, but they won't be troubling the playoffs I imagine so to be beaten so easily should act as a wake up call. Biggest thing is getting a decent reaction on Tuesday night so the players can prove that today's performance was not the norm.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Blimey! The darksiders are out in force quickly this year. But where's brucie? We need his trenchant comments.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I hope Nicho sorts out the centre half and has the confidence to play Chaney at home as he makes things happen.
chestertorkyman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by chestertorkyman »

Why do some say that its Ok to lose early games such as this. 3 points dropped now is the same as 3 points dropped in April. And the performance was so poor. What is the point of those pre-season matches if they dont develop team cohesion, fitness, ideas and a desire to win. None of these were present at Moss Rose. Macclesfield had 3 players harassing our player when they got the ball, which was rarely. Support for the winger Sparkes did not materialise, Rowe-Turner needs to go back to the right as he is not comfortable on the left, and too many of our players were anonymous today, including Young, Williams, etc. The 2 centre backs are not ball-players (although some credit to Gerring is nonetheless due) and both hoofed it forward. No one from midfield tracked back to receive a short pass from them or to mark their first goalscorer. Macc should indeed have scored 4 or 5. We have a good shotstopping goalie and Richards and Blissett tried hard. However, the team as a whole were way off the pace, beaten to the ball or easily robbed, and this was simply not good enough. Lots of work to be done. I repeat, early matches are just as important as all the rest!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Todays result will bring a few people back down to earth. Most fans appreciate that we are far from in a good position on and off the pitch but one or two have allowed pre-season results to cloud the reality of our situation. Winning against West Brom means absolutely nothing to either club and I'm sure Tony Pulis lost no sleep after Monday.

Todays defeat is disappointing but we have 45 more games to go and we're not in a relegation fight yet. If we've only picked up a couple of wins after 10 games, then we can start to worry a little.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Very few positives from today's game. The main one being we have 45 games to change things. Was it a bad first day at school? I hope so. The players looked knackered if I was to be honest. They didn't chase loose balls, played so many wasted high balls. Defence was lacking leadership. Strikers not shooting, instead trying to pass to others. Yes, this was a game to forget, we where clueless.
Lucy
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Is the Winners Gym routine to blame ??
chestertorkyman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by chestertorkyman »

I reckon that part of the blame lies with wearing a horrible Newcastle kit. Not even yellow collar, cuffs and socks. Did not look like a Torquay team. Oh, and for gods sake shut that drummer up. His drum may suit a full Wembley but was far too big and loud for Moss Rose and It spoils the game for a lot of supporters