Macclesfield Town v Torquay United 6th August

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Macclesfield Town v Torquay United 6th August

Post by lucy6lucy »

I thought as we enter the eve of our opening league game with no match thread, I would start the ball rolling. Is anyone going to do match threads this season?

This should be a tight match with mid table a high possibility finish for both clubs. It's great news we have a team coach. This will no doubt improve our preparations for away matches this season. The team nicho has built over the summer is on paper a team of Hugh potential. And with more to come, is a promotion challenge a possibility.

I'm going for a 2-2 draw.
Lucy
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Just wanted to come on and wish you all a great season and hope that the Gulls can get themselves sorted once and for all off the pitch and get some momentum on it starting with Moss Rose tomorrow. Always loved my trips there especially the 3-3 we had when Branno got a header in front of the away terrace and also the FA Cup game against Stockport when Benners somehow scored 3 goals in one game. Miracles do happen you see and they can happen again for TUFC.

Fingers crossed for all the fans for this season and best of luck. COYY!!
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

Thanks YorkieAndy. Will we see you this season anywhere on our travels ?
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Macc 0 - 3 Torquay
Bliss hattrick

Start as we mean to go on!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Lucy, anyone can start a match/matchday thread. I suppose it's down to who enters the first post. If somebody gets in first, simply add your own comments to their thread, taking care not to repeat any information already posted. But if somebody declares their intention to start a thread for a particular game, courtesy demands that they be given time to do so.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

taxilady wrote:Thanks YorkieAndy. Will we see you this season anywhere on our travels ?
No Nina. No plans to take in any Torquay games or York games. Having said that I might, just might go to York v Torquay :lol: just for the melancholy of it all.

Hope you and the family are well. As we say up 'ere, you're a proper fan Nina.
timmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by timmax »

1st game is always hard to call. Macc are a decent passing team with pace so not such good news for ourCentre Backs. Do think we hav a lot of goals in us though so a ridiculous 3-3 draw for me.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Macclesfield are similar to us - prioritising quality over quantity. They have a decent side and should be in the top half. It will be a good test of where we stand.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I'm now a Whitby Town season ticket holder (the club offered, like TUFC, a deal I couldn't refuse) but, if possible (i.e. if fixtures don't clash) I will go to York (certainly), Gateshead (possibly), North Ferriby and Guiseley (both possibly). But, you never know: Whitby Town vs Torquay United could be a possible F. A. Cup Rd 1 draw.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

tufc XI Vs @thesilkmen : Moore (GK), Rowe-Turner, Lathrope, Gerring; Young, Blissett, Richards (c), Sparks, Verma, Williams, McGinty.

tufc Subs Vs @thesilkmen : Chaney, Duke, Scrivens, Reid, Nicholson.

Goalkeeper @JamieRobba's International clearance has yet to be received. #tufc go with five outfield players on the bench.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Macc 1 - 0 Torquay
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Heck! how long does it take to get international clearance?
OrangeGull

Post by OrangeGull »

What a terrible half that was. Second to every ball and yet to seriously test their keeper. One thing that is abundantly clear so far is that Lathaniel Rowe-Turner is no Dan Butler, we're really missing him at left back, missing MacDonald and Smith come to mention it, we look very shaky at the back. Macclesfield should be at least 2 up, something needs to change at half time otherwise this will be a very poor way to start the season.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Not a great first half, but we've got in at 0-1. Gateshead away last year is the plan to follow - we got battered there and were lucky to just be 1-0 down, then from nowhere won 2-1.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Game over ....