Macclesfield Town v Torquay United 6th August

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

get that drum rocking tomorrow evening dan! if people dont like they can go and stand somewhere else.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote:'brucie's brutal assessment' is good....but that's what we like about brucie. What we need now is a 'brutal' centre half - any ideas anyone?
Yes, Wivel - a clone of Colin Bettany (or Reg Wyatt would do !). ;-)

Keep that drum beating, Danny. As I posted last season, I think Danny's drum created the atmosphere in the ground that played a part in our survival.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

If you didn't like Bartlett's Bell you moved.
Same with the drum.
We need all the atmosphere we can get.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Ah! Colin Bettany, a.k.a. The Beast. In my all-time United XI.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Well done to all those who went to Macca, especially those that bothered to lug a drum all the way across the country. I understand that if you just want to watch a game quietly a drum may be annoying, but Danny (and ten or so of the guys around him on the Pop) have a huge impact on the atmosphere at Plainmoor, which in turn can have a real impact on the players, and as such the game.

We've got plenty of faces tonight who run out for their first competitive match as a Gull at Plainmoor, let's try and forget the weekend (bloody easy to say when you didn't go!) give them the confidence to play, and let them know that there's a bunch of awesome fans on their side.

I've got the morning off to give me some breathing room for bevvies, and can't wait to get back on the Pop. COYY! (naively)