Barrow game

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Hows the weather in TQ at the moment? Any doubt that it'll be on?
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Hows the weather in TQ at the moment? Any doubt that it'll be on?
Robin10

Post by Robin10 »

brooker wrote:Hows the weather in TQ at the moment? Any doubt that it'll be on?
Rained a lot today but will clear up tomorrow.Haven't had very much rain for a while until last night so pitch should dry out quickly.
Will be on for sure.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Although it's been raining for a lot of today, it hasn't been that heavy and is dor cast to clear up tomorrow - would be very surprised if it didn't go ahead.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Well it better not be off. i have just forked out for a rail ticket and can't afford another postponement. couldn't stay away from our celebrations now could I ?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

There's more chance of Queen Victoria inventing a chocolate tea pot in the year 2030, than this game being off, so do stop worrying. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Weather Saturday is perfect . Remember rice getting injured before our last league game at home in May and got called off, replay the next Tuesday he was fit and we avoided relegation. :clap: :clap:
Lucy
DonnyGull50
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by DonnyGull50 »

I seem to remember that Barrow had to - frequently - have to seek for Re-election to the Football League, having invariably finished bottom of Division 4
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

forevertufc wrote:There's more chance of Queen Victoria inventing a chocolate tea pot in the year 2030, than this game being off, so do stop worrying. :)
Yeah But Im worried we may not be safe yet and I'm worried about the baggage handling system at Heathrow, and whether Im oooohhhhhhh mmmyyyy
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Gullscorer wrote: Are you not feeling well, Wivel..?? ;-) .
I suspect Wivel has a headache today. His second team - Whitby Town - played Darlington yesterday and the score was ..... wait for it ...... Darlington 7 (seven) Whitby Town 1. I bet Wivel didn't forecast that ! ;-) However, the good news is that Whitby, like Torquay, are already safe from relegation. Darlington's win means they will be playing in the National North next season.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

Yes, Mr. tomogull, I was there and it was one of those dreadful games you experience [luckily rarely](perhaps like the 3-7 defeat by Bromley) - BUT : Glory be! The attendance was 1804 (yes, you read that right), almost as good as some of United's gates this season. Mind you, there were probably eight Darlo fans to one Whitby one. As for the game, well...throw it in the dustbin and forget it. The world turns and no doubt soon a miracle will happen at the Turnbull Ground.
I am seriously thinking of going to Guiseley next week. It was 50 miles from Wiveliscombe to Plainmoor and it's about 80 to Guiseley from here, so it won't be too bad a trip. Any idea how many United fans are going?
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Please can there be lots of chanting "Nicholson......Nicholson...." today, just to make sure that the new board gets the message and obviously as a big "Thank you" to Nicho.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Torquay

26Moore
25Verma
22Gerring
8Young
3Butler
6Geohaghon
7Allen
16Richards
4Rees
17Blissett
12Harrad

I dis worry that with the pressure off the lads could struggle here, then I see we're starting with Gerring and Geohaghon...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Where is everyone his afternoon? 1-1 after Richards scores from 30 yards with a screamer.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

At Plainmoor! 2874 is the highest gate we've had since Bristol Rovers visited on Boxing Day 2014.

First half was dull but we're on top now and pushing for a winner. Would be good to end on a high at Plainmoor and maximise the celebrations.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats