Bromley FC v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.

Bromley Away

Post by Guest »

Anybody able to advise me on the best pub for a pint or two before the Bromley match on Saturday? Cheers!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

All of sudden we don't want the season to end, however this coming Saturday our squad travel to Hayes Lane, home of Bromley FC for their penultimate away fixture of the season.

Bromley FC are coming to the end of their very first season in the non-league top flight, and I'm sure as a club they'll will quietly satisfied with their efforts, but maybe it could have been better for them, 9 wins across September and October saw The Ravens sat in the top 4 places, and in Moses Emmanuel who ripped us a new one earlier in the season, they have a real match winning front man.

However a very poor end to the calendar year, which continued on through to mid February saw Bromley slip away from contention for promotion to the football league, although of late The Ravens have recovered some of their form, but are set for mid table finish now, as they can't achieve the play-offs and have been safe from relegation for some time.

Bromley during the course of their first ever season at this level broke one particular club record, it's day we at Torquay United will want to forget, Bromley's highest recorded aggregate away win thanks to that match now stands at 10, with their 3.7 win earlier in the season.

For Gulls fans attending the match

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leag ... -lane.html

Bromley top goalscorers

Moses Emmanuel 20
Jack Holland 6
Adam Cunnington 5
Louis Dennis 5
Bradley Goldberg 5
Sean Francis 3
Alex Wall 3
Ali Fuseini 2
Pierre Joseph-Dubois 2
Ben May 2
Joe Anderson 1
Rohdell Gordon 1
Lee Minshull 1
Paul Rodgers 1
Robbie Swaine 1

Current form

Bromley FC; L-D-L-D-W-D

15 Mar Eastleigh 2 - 0 Bromley
19 Mar Barrow 1 - 1 Bromley
25 Mar Braintree 1 - 0 Bromley
28 Mar Bromley 2 - 2 Forest Green
2 Apr Bromley 2 - 0 Lincoln City
9 Apr Altrincham 0 - 0 Bromley

Last time out

Altrincham 0 - 0 Bromley

1 Julian
6 Holland
5 Swaine
4 Fuseini
13 Anderson
19 Francis (Gordon 46'minutes)
7 Joseph-Dubois
15 Minshull
20 Coombes (Higgs 74'minutes)
18 Emmanuel
10 Goldberg

Substitutes
23 Crean
24 Stanic-Stewart
25 Gordon
27 O'Connor
29 Higgs

Bromley unable to break down relegation-threatened Altrincham

Bromley gained a point in their penultimate away game at relegation threatened, Altrincham, on Saturday afternoon.

In an easily forgettable first half, both sides had a couple of chances but were unable to find the net, as their efforts were either blocked, off target or, in Altrincham’s case, were denied by the Bromley goalkeeper, Alan Julian.

For full match report; http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/1442 ... ltrincham/

From a Torquay United point of view

Well who'd have thought we'd see our team go into the Bromley match in the position our club now finds itself in, go on be honest. Now only a freak sequence of results could see still see our club relegated, of course it can happen, but now highly unlikely, Kevin Nicholson and the squad our aware of it and no doubt will remain focused.

Great to see Luke Young back for a full 90 minutes, just watching his calmness on the ball, and not just quality of his passing, but quality of balls played into the box, and specific areas around the pitch, he gave master class, and showed us what we'd been missing all season, particularly with his goal, all about the position he took up and technique.

On to the Bromley game, who can forget the 3.7 defeat earlier in the season, when Dean Edwards had a dream, that he was actually a football a manager, don't know about that early season chant about Deano having a dream, think this bloke as far as Torquay United concerned may just have a total nightmare on more that one issue.

Bromley will not find us to be the total pushovers as last time out, our team will give them a much tougher test this time out, although it will be difficult game for us to win, but I think we'd all settle for a 0.1 revenge victory, as that would settle relegation once and for all.

Torquay United top goalscorers

Nathan Blissett 7
Andre Wright 3
Iffy Allen 3
Dan Butler 2
Nathan Smith 2
Shaun Harrad 2
Luke Young 1
Toby Ajala 1
Durrell Berry 1
Exodus Geohaghon 1
Angus MacDonald 1
Courtney Richards 1
Aman Verma 1

Current form

Torquay United; L-L-W-W-L-W

26 Mar Dover Athlet. 5 - 0 Torquay Utd
28 Mar Torquay Utd 0 - 1 Eastleigh
2 Apr Gateshead 1 - 2 Torquay Utd
5 Apr Torquay Utd 2 - 0 Chester
9 Apr Torquay Utd 0 - 1 Tranmere
12 Apr Torquay Utd 2 - 0 Altrincham

Last time out

Torquay United 2 - 0 Altrincham

26 Moore
25 Verma
5 MacDonald
8 Young
3 Butler
22 Gerring
4 Rees
16 Richards
7 Allen (Ajala 84'minutes)
12 Harrad (Wright 63'minutes)
17 Blissett

Substitutes
1 Fisher
6 Geohaghon
14 Ajala
19 Chaney
28 Wright

LET'S GET THE JOB DONE

“I am happy for the lads,” he said. “They worked hard and got their just rewards out there.

“The job is not done yet, though; there is still plenty of work to be done, but we’ll enjoy this win and then get ready to go again at the weekend.

“I know that these lads can play under pressure because they’ve had to do it for a while now. We played well on the night; we defended well and scored two good goals. My only complaint is that we should have had more than two goals.

“That said, it’s an important three points for us. We were on top for long periods and soaked up the pressure well when Altrincham had their spell on top at the start of the second half.

“Once we saw that through, there was only going to be one winner and credit to the lads for the way they performed.

“I was delighted to see Youngy and Shaun on the scoresheet, both of them thoroughly deserved it.

“Now we move on to Saturday’s game and the battle to get three more points to get this job done.”

English National League

19.09.2015 Torquay United 3-7 Bromley

Cup Results

24.11.1951 r1 Torquay United 3-2 Bromley

F.A Trophy

15.1.2015 r2 Torquay United 4-0 Bromley
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

We can win this on current form. But a draw should see us home and dry. Considering Altrincham play Eastleigh away and boreham wood play aldershot away, I doubt either will win. Our current points total in my opinion is enough.
Lucy
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

I'm sure this was mentioned elsewhere on the forum but just a reminder, train line are offering a £15 same day return ticket from Exeter St Davids to London Waterloo on Saturday, this in itself has the ingredients for a decent away crowd, as if the stakes for mathematical survival wasn't enough!
The lads need all the support they can get to cross the line!
I will take a scrappy 1-0 win, Bliss to snatch the winner!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I fear that the wonderfully named Moses Emmanuel will prove too strong a striker and score a hat-trick. Thus:
Bromley (2) 3
TUFC (1) 2

Att: 798
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Alan Julian is our friend.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote:I fear that the wonderfully named Moses Emmanuel will prove too strong a striker and score a hat-trick. Thus:
Bromley (2) 3
TUFC (1) 2 Att: 798
I know you love winding us up, Wivel. You're usually wrong and I'm confident you will be wrong on Saturday. We are virtually safe and so I expect the team to be more relaxed and play with more freedom. Brendon will keep out everything that Emmanuel can throw at him. Bromley's season is finished - they'll be thinking about their summer hols - so I'm expecting a win for the Gulls of 3 - 1 or 4 - 1. I'll concede that Moses might get one !!
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

drivelgull wrote:I fear that the wonderfully named Moses Emmanuel will prove too strong a striker and score a hat-trick. Thus:
Bromley (2) 3
TUFC (1) 2

Att: 798
I fear, old bean, that the wonderfully named Nathaniel Blissett will prove too strong a striker and score a hat-full. Thus:
Bromley (0) 1
TUFC (2) 8

Att: 798 (700 away fans)
TUST member 200 ;-)
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I see the Travel Club have hired a larger coach, quite a few are coming on the £15 train tickets, plus some of us from the South east - should be a good turnout. Three points and we're virtually mathematically safe - maybe only one needed if Altringham & Boreham Wood lose. Nice to be going to an away game thinking we are playing better than the opposition and ought to win.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

torq2u wrote: I fear, old bean, that the wonderfully named Nathaniel Blissett will prove too strong a striker and score a hat-full. Thus:
Bromley (0) 1
TUFC (2) 8

Att: 798 (700 away fans)
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Does anyone have a link for today's game please?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

What a start!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

1 nil Torquay Gus !
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

MacDonald really wants that player of the season award!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084