Bromley FC v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I have army long johns and socks for those February nights so no, I'm not
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

gateman49 wrote:I have army long johns and socks for those February nights so no, I'm not
Should have worn them today and you wouldn't have had those "cold feet" =D
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Just back. Excellent result. Who'd have believed ten weeks ago that we'd be safe with two games to go.
Couldn't relax until the second goal went in as it seemed the ref was doing his best to help Bromley equalise after unintentionally sending off their player - long gap between showing the yellow & the red suggested he didn't remember the player had already been booked and may not have given him the second yellow if he'd realised.
Great to have been part of two post match celebrations - Tuesday's virtually safe and today's certain.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Anyone know how Youngy is? Was he taken off as a precaution? Hope it's nothing serious
TUST member 200 ;-)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

standupsitdown wrote:Just back. Excellent result. Who'd have believed ten weeks ago that we'd be safe with two games to go.
Er.. my post on the 'Can we avoid relegation' thread on 24 March reflected my thoughts over the previous three months:
Gullscorer wrote:We'll be safe well before we play Guiseley. :scarf: :scarf:
:~D
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Gullscorer wrote: Er.. my post on the 'Can we avoid relegation' thread on 24 March reflected my thoughts over the previous three months:
:~D
You had no courage in your conviction when you wrote, this means you got lucky.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I very rarely get lucky.. By the way, what are the odds on promotion to the Football League next season? :)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Gullscorer wrote:I very rarely get lucky..
We all know, your posts on the popside forum are a dead give away.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
londongull63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by londongull63 »

Absolutely delighted and absolutely devastated. Was on the way to the game when I discovered I'd lost my wallet with all money, credit cards, train ticket so couldn't go and spent afternoon on a cold street cancelling cards! Please, please if anyone has any video footage I can watch of the atmosphere and goals PM me the link or PM me and I can give you my email address. The atmosphere must have been unbelievable
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

londongull63 wrote:Absolutely delighted and absolutely devastated. Was on the way to the game when I discovered I'd lost my wallet with all money, credit cards, train ticket so couldn't go and spent afternoon on a cold street cancelling cards! Please, please if anyone has any video footage I can watch of the atmosphere and goals PM me the link or PM me and I can give you my email address. The atmosphere must have been unbelievable
Gutted for you mate, but if anyone has footage please share for us all to see.
Lucy
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I shall be going to the Guiseley game as it is only 80 miles from where I live now. It will be my first United game since the 2013-14 season.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Just got in.

Was 50/50 nout going as had hang over this morning and an expensive Friday eve.

But was that worth it or was that worth it. Bloody hell, great atmosphere with the 500+ travelling gulls, well done to one and all.

You cant really pick out the best performers after a game like that. But I will. I thought Gerring did well, But Angus was immense. I thought the strikers struggled a bit, but what the heck we scored 2 great goals.

The players, the players who didn't play, Breedy, Nico and board came across and celebrated at the end. We must have the best away support in this league, given where Torquay is geographically.
TUST MEMBER
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

I suspect this has been already posted, but hey...
https://x.com/Danielbutler26/status/721388185226448898

Hope the Great Escape poster is produced as a t-shirt
TUST number 080
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Neal wrote:Just got in.

Was 50/50 nout going as had hang over this morning and an expensive Friday eve.

But was that worth it or was that worth it. Bloody hell, great atmosphere with the 500+ travelling gulls, well done to one and all.

You cant really pick out the best performers after a game like that. But I will. I thought Gerring did well, But Angus was immense. I thought the strikers struggled a bit, but what the heck we scored 2 great goals.

The players, the players who didn't play, Breedy, Nico and board came across and celebrated at the end. We must have the best away support in this league, given where Torquay is geographically.
:goodpost: I doubt many league 1 and even championship clubs would take that many away. Our club is unique and that's why we love the club.
Lucy