Torquay United v Tranmere Rovers

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

My first Torquay match was the 22.4.88 game at tranmere(1-1). Anyway, tomorrow is so hard to call. We are under pressure, so are they, performances mean nothing, it's a cup final for everyone involved in the top /bottom. One thing I do know, is that the attendance will be knocking on 3000.
Lucy
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

lucy6lucy wrote:My first Torquay match was the 22.4.88 game at tranmere(1-1). Anyway, tomorrow is so hard to call. We are under pressure, so are they, performances mean nothing, it's a cup final for everyone involved in the top /bottom. One thing I do know, is that the attendance will be knocking on 3000.
I would love to think it would but I doubt it will be much more than 2500. yes we got near 1900 for the last tuesday match but to suggest 2500 Torqauy fans will suddenly turn up when we have barely scraped 2000 lately is wonderful thinking but unlikely.. which is a shame but there goes the harsh reality of life in the bay
I would love to think we got at least a draw out of this.. a really good result that would be. bearing in mind that we have won only one game against the teams at the top. most of our wins have come from the lower reach teams.and that was way back on Boxing day. in fact i don't think we have won any other game against a top ten team apart from boxing day.. if anything they have been draws, the rest defeats.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Glostergull wrote: I would love to think it would but I doubt it will be much more than 2500. yes we got near 1900 for the last tuesday match but to suggest 2500 Torqauy fans will suddenly turn up when we have barely scraped 2000 lately is wonderful thinking but unlikely.. which is a shame but there goes the harsh reality of life in the bay
I would love to think we got at least a draw out of this.. a really good result that would be. bearing in mind that we have won only one game against the teams at the top. most of our wins have come from the lower reach teams.and that was way back on Boxing day. in fact i don't think we have won any other game against a top ten team apart from boxing day.. if anything they have been draws, the rest defeats.
We won at 9th placed Gateshead just last weekend!

And we won at 10th placed Macclesfield a month or so ago - although to be fair they weren't in 10th when we played them so can really count that
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Come on PMA!
Let's shove it up the pretend scouse gits and ruin their trip to the seaside!
They won't be looking at this as three certain points they will be dreading it more than us
Our record is better than theirs currently and they will be fearing falling out of the play offs
Let's have some spirit of Carlisle, Southend et all!
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

I don't think we should be aiming for anything less than a win. Anyone can beat anyone in this league on the day. If we go for it but end up coming out with a point I think we will all be happy enough. But we are still in a fight where 3 points are vital!
Without getting ahead of myself I am feeling good about today, therefore:

Torquay 2
Tranmere 1

(Bliss + Wright) :scarf:
To the dotted line, We're on our way
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

Just heard on the radio that the A38 is closed between at Harcombe bends , Lorry has overturned and its not expecting to reopen till this afternoon , so anyone coming from that direction might be best to try another route .. This would be all the Tranmere fans as well

Added in 8 minutes 50 seconds:
dont realise that the lorry driver had been killed , crass post , feel sorry for their family
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Thanks for that info, albeit tragic news but useful information for those of us travelkling - where are Harcombe bends ?
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

Just by Chudleigh
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Pitch will be heavy, my garden is white at the moment. Don't panic, not snow but lots of hail.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Don't get stuffed, no new injuries and Angus not to get booked will suit me!

Bigger game to come on Tuesday night.

Added in 1 second:
Don't get stuffed, no new injuries and Angus not to get booked will suit me!

Bigger game to come on Tuesday night.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Urban Spaceman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Urban Spaceman »

Halifax and Boreham Wood both losing. :)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Jeff wrote: We won at 9th placed Gateshead just last weekend!

And we won at 10th placed Macclesfield a month or so ago - although to be fair they weren't in 10th when we played them so can really count that
I would hardly call 9th place a top team.. I would call top anyone near the top in the play off or promotion places..
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Halifax, Boreham Wood & Chester all losing.
O.O today would be fine.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Gutting, sounds like we were on the fromt foot too
Urban Spaceman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Urban Spaceman »

Still plenty of time to get an equaliser.