Torquay United v Tranmere Rovers

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It's not often I say this after a defeat, but as a fan and from a personal point of view I was delighted with our teams performance yesterday. For start before we throw to many negatives in the pot, we have to remember that was 5th v 18th, yes Tranmere on the whole were physically stronger than us, and certainly had more quality on the ball than our team, but then as said look at the difference in league positions.

But having said all that, it was actually the Tranmere keeper who's made 3 very good saves, and Tranmere who've won the game with their one and only guilt edged chance, that's not a slight on our keeper, or defending which led by MacDonald was solid through out, again it points to the quality they had as it was a pin point finish.

I'm also in the camp that thought Racchi was having an outstanding game, thought his work rate was as good as I've seen and was having an influence in the middle, didn't think we lost the midfield after he came off, thought the later stages of the game is where TUFC had the most our attacking play, thought Iffy Allen again was excellent, as was the entire back four.

Our team were defiantly worth 1 point, and repeat of that performance Tuesday night will give them a better than average chance of winning v Altrincham, and Tuesday V alty was always the key game.
Formerly known as forevertufc
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I think what yesterday demonstrated is that this is a poor league. Tranmere looked no better than us and we certainly deserved something from the game.

I have not seen too many teams that have impressed me this season - Cheltenham, perhaps - and if we can retain the basis of this team, in such a dire league, it may not take much extra in additions to see us challenging at the other end of the division. If Tranmere are the 5th best team, then it illustrates that you don't have to actually be that good to do well.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

What did impress me yesterday was that we were hard to beat. I really thought we deserved a point.

Luke Young showed near the end that his free kicks are a potent force. I still think we need to work on making better use of corners.

Bliss had a great chance from a superb pass by Iffy but shot at the right height for their keeper. Hard and low bottom left corner and it was a goal.

Easy to say but at this level you don't get much thinking time!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Whilst I'd be the first to agree, this division does not have the general quality it did back in 2009, I think your not giving our team's performance Saturday enough credit.
Formerly known as forevertufc