Gateshead v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Gulliball wrote: In the first half, playing 4 central midfielders didn't work. It wasn't even a diamond because two were wider, though not playing like wingers. Allen gave us pace and width, which along with Wright helped to stretch the game, and in turn allowed Young and Chaney to get time and space with options ahead.
Think this bares out what I've been saying in the match threads for a few weeks now. I fully understand that Nicho may have been looking to stay tight and compact in the centre, but it really has not been working, hopefully he'll start with a bit more of an attacking set up v Chester.
Formerly known as forevertufc
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

I personally think Ben Gerring is the worst centre back we've had for a long, long time, but each to their own. Regardless of budget constraints and all that, he can't start any more games. Either Smith to come back or NIcho to put himself there.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

JamieE wrote:I personally think Ben Gerring is the worst centre back we've had for a long, long time, but each to their own. Regardless of budget constraints and all that, he can't start any more games. Either Smith to come back or NIcho to put himself there.
As soon as Smith is fit (my player of the season), Gerring is back on the bench but for time being he is the best we have. By no means a cultured centre back but does get the basics right (most of the time) as mentioned above by SG and RG. He'll put himself on the line and is totally commited to the cause!! Reminds me a bit of Matt Hockley, out of there depth but 110% effort whenever out on the pitch.

Nicho is best on the touchline where he belongs, not thrown in to the mix in a position he isn't particularly familiar with.
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

brooker wrote:Highlights here

Big Blis does very well for Iffy's goal there!