Torquay United v Eastleigh

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

I was disappointed that one of our former players, Chris Todd, who always struck me as an honest, down to earth footballer condones and presumably encourages the degree of gamesmanship, whinging and back chat that his Eastleigh team displayed on Monday.
After their number 10, Reason, resorted to feigning injury on at least two occasions in the first half the ref sensibly booked him for a fairly innocuous tackle early in the second half which ensured better behaviour from him for the rest of the game. I have seen their number 9, Constable, play a few times and he strikes me as a player who could have had a better career if he had focused on his own game rather than trying to referee the game. He obviously loses concentration and his game suffers as a result of it. My advice to Toddy as a fledgling manager would be to get his players to focus and concentrate on their own game if they are going to make the play offs. We made them look like a very poor side which makes our defeat all the more galling.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Lets be honest Chris Todd won't be a manager for very long. Eastleigh are a bog average side and for the money they have pumped out their return is basically jack shit.

The likes of Constable, Midson and co are basically has beens on lunatic money. Sides such as Braintree will beat them easily if Eastleigh make the play offs (and that's a big if)

Their model is unsustainable and will implode sooner rather than later just like Forest Green's will when their sugar daddies pull out.
lucusmc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lucusmc »

The game reminded me of the old Crawley battles. They were wasting time right from the first throw in and the first goal kick. A stronger ref would of sped the game up and booked the keeper a lot sooner then 90th min.

But we didn't create enough and agree that Wright should play on one wing with Ajala/ Allen on the other
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Trouble with time wasting, and the reason I've never ever complained about it, is it's just a football topic steeped in hypocrisy, it really does make me laugh.

The Southport game was classic example, for 80 minutes Southport wasted time at every opportunity and oh how the TUFC fans booed, hissed and complained, Torquay go 1 up, Southport go straight on the attack, and then how did TUFC time waste, and how TUFC fans cheered and clapped our time wasting, best way to combat it is add the time on at the end of the game, and for the referee to let the team doing the time wasting know he's going to.

Issuing yellow cards is a complete waste of time, the referee will never show a second yellow card for time wasting, so what's the point.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I like 4-4-2 system but it's been that the last couple of years that's why we are at the bottom of the table with the players we've had. Ajala does not track back consistantly.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

We can all come up with our suggestions on formations. The only thing that matters is that Nico has an overarching strategy, then a formation to suit, plus have each of the players buy into it and know their role and what's expected of them individually and as a team.

So, you can't pick a formation on its own.

Fans can only comment as Nico knows what his players will take on board best.

So, for example, if we want to play our formation, to our strategy, then some players may be asked to play zonally, other perhaps mark. It's all conundrum, but an interesting one.

All of this being said and done, only other thing I'd say is sometimes it just goes wrong. No-one really knows why. So don't be afraid to change things. A bit of trial and error is sometimes better than the best laid plans which for whatever reason aren't working on the day.

Nico is doing fine.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

:goodpost:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com