Dover v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Thank God thats over !!!!
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock

Post by torq2u »

Well, at least Gus didn't get booked.
TUST member 200 ;-)
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Poor result, let's dust ourselves down, not overreact, and move on. Hurts our goal difference but that's about it, zero points is still zero points.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

madgull wrote:Poor result, let's dust ourselves down, not overreact, and move on. Hurts our goal difference but that's about it, zero points is still zero points.
and.....if rumours are true, the loss of Berry for the season.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by torq2u »

Only conceded one second half. Massive improvement, haha.
TUST member 200 ;-)
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

It appears the injury to Durrell Berry was the key moment today.

We are still the form team based on the last 11 games with 18 points from 33.

A loss today was on the cards but it makes the Home games against Chester and Altrincham even more important.

Lets all get to Plainmoor on Monday and try and make it the best gate and best atmosphere of the season. COYY
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by torq2u »

Looks like Berry has suspected broken ankle. Fingers crossed for Durell and the X-ray.

Added in 2 minutes 25 seconds:
Nicho has confirmed it's a clean break. Sh1t. Good luck mate.
TUST member 200 ;-)
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Shame about Berry, am I making it up or can Rees play RB?

Somewhere I remember that being the case
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Berry out with broken ankle. Their player went in with studs up and gets a yellow card. What a joke. Berry has been excellent and that is a bitter pill to swallow.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote:Shame about Berry, am I making it up or can Rees play RB?

Somewhere I remember that being the case

I'm sure I've read this somewhere else previously so we must both be correct! :)

Although McDonald needs to be whiter than white now for the rest of the season. A defence without McDonald and Berry doesn't bear thinking about.........
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

brucie wrote:Berry out with broken ankle. Their player went in with studs up and gets a yellow card. What a joke. Berry has been excellent and that is a bitter pill to swallow.
Went in to take him out according to my mate at the match but I suppose he would say that. If it's true though the plan certainly worked.
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Just got back. What a disaster from start to finish.

It was a nothing, rubbish game with nothing in it until we had a crazy 15 mins which cost us the game.

First goal - MacDonalds gets beaten when he really shouldn't be (should have kicked it out of the ground but let it bounce), and despite heroic efforts from Moore and Smith their guy scrambles in the rebound.

Second goal - Penalty, can't really remember the build up but it looked like a pen from the opposite end of the ground.

Third goal - Suicidal backpass from Ajala. Probably the best through ball he's played for either club all season.

Fourth goal - Richards shocking attempt to deal with a routine cross gives their bloke all the time to finish off

Fifth goal - I was on my way out of the ground.

The last thing we needed was a capitulation at this point but that is what happened.

Very worrying regarding Berry, was clear that it was a bad injury. Was hard to see from our end whether their player went out to "do" him but it didn't look like a great challenge given that Berry was flung in the air by the force of it.

Dover - what a disgusting club from top to bottom. A young professional potentially has a career changing injury and their fans, players and coaching staff think its funny and laugh about it, and can't understand why we (the fans) are angry. One play-off chasing season in the conference and their arrogance was staggering. I will be cheering on FGR, Braintree and Grimsby in the play-offs if that bunch of thugs make it.

Very disappointed in the performance today. Despite the good form, it shows that not far under the surface all the bad habits still exist. Error-strewn in defence, anonymous in midfield, toothless up front.

Genuine concern for our side for the rest of the season. I hope to god Nico took Smith off to A) Give Gerring some game time and B) Protect Smith as he is the only one left who can play RB. If Smith is out injured and MacDonald gets another booking.............I shudder to think. Richards was truly atrocious at RB - fair enough its not his position, but who can we play there?

Bad, bad day today
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

When does the loan window finish? I think we have some shopping to do if still open
Lucy
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

lucy6lucy wrote:When does the loan window finish? I think we have some shopping to do if still open
Thursday just gone I thought............
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Jeff wrote: Thursday just gone I thought............

Well that's a blow. Mac Donald will at some point get a yellow card. Let's hope smith is ok and of course berry. For those their today did the Dover players and management really laugh at berry injury?
Lucy