Dover v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Guildford Gull wrote:Far too many people on this site have got carried away by a few goods results against teams in bottom half of table. The likes of Dover, Eastleigh and Tranmere were always going to be a far bigger test and we are spectacularly failing the first test. Back in the bottom four and a big dent in our goal difference.
Summed up perfectly!

Too many fans have been getting giddy after scraping results against other terrible teams. The reality is we are still a terrible team and injuries to Racchi and Berry do not bode well.

Whilst I'm at it, can we please taper the excitement about Luke Young returning? He is not the second coming and too much expectation is being placed on his shoulders before he's even taken to the field.

Added in 1 minute 25 seconds:
Lloyder5 wrote: Not strictly true, we've beaten and lost to teams at the top and bottom, bit of maths to be done there. More significant will be the injuries to Raachi who holds the team together and Berry. Have to hope both are short term.
Injuries need to be VERY short term as there's only a month of the season left......
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

gerring on for smith, please not another injury!
The gulls are going up
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Smith had a late fitness test so possibly
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Burnhamgull wrote:

Summed up perfectly!

Too many fans have been getting giddy after scraping results against other terrible teams. The reality is we are still a terrible team and injuries to Racchi and Berry do not bode well.

Whilst I'm at it, can we please taper the excitement about Luke Young returning? He is not the second coming and too much expectation is being placed on his shoulders before he's even taken to the field.

Added in 1 minute 25 seconds: Injuries need to be VERY short term as there's only a month of the season left......
Indeed, hopefully Raachi precautionary and Berry a dead leg or something.
Still the points are there and even the most optimistic expected an eventful journey
TUST number 080
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

If it's raining there we have not got a good record when it's wet. It's even worse now unless we can lift the team.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Lloyder5 wrote: Not strictly true, we've beaten and lost to teams at the top and bottom, bit of maths to be done there. More significant will be the injuries to Raachi who holds the team together and Berry. Have to hope both are short term.
Regardless of where the team we are facing are in this league I actually thought we now had a starting line up that could match anyone, down the bottom or up the top!!

Dover are nothing to be afraid of, but look whats happening!!!! The league this season is absolute dross. I honestly think whoever goes up this year will struggle in league 2

Added in 5 minutes 33 seconds:
Positive news.......Youngy is on!!!!!! Please please pleeeeaaaaaase do not get injured!!

Added in 1 minute 32 seconds:
Positive news.......Youngy is on!!!!!! Please please pleeeeaaaaaase do not get injured!!
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Youngie's back!!! Good luck Luke.
TUST member 200 ;-)
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

yellowsmiffy wrote:Whilst this is an abysmal scoreline for a match let alone HT, most of us expected the run to end today against a good Dover side. It's a shame it's been such capitulation in such a short space of time.

I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes of Halifax vs Alty earlier on BT because the quality of 'football' was just so bad. I can't accept that our players are worse than those sort of tinpot sides, and with a good dressing down from Nico and a reality check, we will have to start again on Monday. I believe in Nico to get the players to move on from this.

Gulls never do anything the easy way, and the Guisely fixture seems to have an ominous inevitability about it. Lets start afresh second half, make sure we don't get any bookings and try to focus on the performance. Eastleigh Monday needs to be a good performance even if not a result as we have been a bit short on ideas in recent weeks and need some players to step it up e.g. Ajala, Harrad, Verma etc.

But please- don't start doom mongering and predicting the worst. 8 unbeaten is no mean feat, and we have to keep the belief and positivity around the club. We are better than the dross in the bottom 6, we've just been playing catchup from when we had a very different side earlier in the season.
Really! We are not better than the dross in the bottom 6 we are part of the dross in the bottom 6.
Last edited by Guildford Gull on 26 Mar 2016, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Come on Luke. You can still be our top scorer this season.
TUST member 200 ;-)
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

torq2u wrote:Come on Luke. You can still be our top scorer this season.
Not sure whether to laugh or cry but this post says it all!

:lol: :'( :lol: :'(

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

re Nathan Smith..Dave Thomas thought that he had a sore ankle before the match,& was probably being replaced to 'save him' for Monday.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Has Berry broke his shin?

taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

5 - 0
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Jesus wept!!!!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

5pm Dover Athletic 5 Torquay United 0

5.10pm Takeover bid crashes as buyers pull out