Dover v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Nothing will change, it's happened before, remember John Uzzell, when the FA and the players' union closed ranks after a dreadful challenge by Brentford's Blissett (no relation).
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

gateman49 wrote:Nothing will change, it's happened before, remember John Uzzell, when the FA and the players' union closed ranks after a dreadful challenge by Brentford's Blissett (no relation).
I do remember that of course. I will never forget the behaviour of that slimeball Graham Kelly in court. I'm sure you are right.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Feel sad and angry. I hope Durrell makes a full recovery. As good a right back, which has been a problem position for us, as we have had for a few seasons.
I do hope factors conspire for us to pass Dover next season on the way out of this f#cking league.
TUST number 080
johnsonfairlight69
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Spiess

Post by johnsonfairlight69 »

Jeff wrote:

Payne (who caused the injury) certainly showed no remorse, and felt it was quite OK to warm down in front of the Torquay fans whilst having a laugh with his mates.

Some people stood behind me were livid with the Dover bench. My impression was they didn't have much sympathy for Berry

Funny that, I was right in front of it and despite it being a ball winning challenge it could have been a red on another day. Payne though was by the players side after getting a drink, he held his hand and was patting his shoulder as he went off. Too say he showed no remorse is utter cobblers.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Looks like this forum has ruffled a few feathers on theirs: http://doverathletic.freeforums.org/tor ... t5404.html
What a bunch of c**ts. The **** calling himself Borradollar77 needs a rocket up his arse, a complete prick.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes an absolute knobber. Basically Dover will have one good season and that will be it. They will be another Histon. In a way though it does show how far we have fallen.

Lets just hope that the new owners have the capacity to get us going in the right direction again. Hopefully our time will come and it will taste all the more sweeter if we pass vermin like Dover on the way back up.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Read Dovers forum and I can't understand why they would wish their players violent conduct would send us into oblivion and we deserve such. That said it was only a couple or idiots every club has them and some have even suggested a collection at their next home game so let's concentrate on the positives, think we need to probably do just that ASAP.

Step up Youngie et all, legend time is upon you.
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Had nothing against Dover, especially that their club is not to blame for Payne being such a ****. However, the fact that Berry has broken his leg in two places, and now Dover are hoping we go down due to how we have reacted to that is laughable. We may go down, but Dover will always be a minnow club and we will be back above them in no time, I'm sure of it.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

what an idiot this borradollar is, crawl back under your stone, we have a young player with a double fracture of the leg and your bleating on about wanting to see us get relegated, well mate think on, yes you stuffed and well done to your team, but we will be back.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Got to feel sorry for them, Dover is a god awful place to live, so guess the only thing going for them is a few good seasons for a tin pot football club. Enjoy it while it lasts Dover, cus it wont last long and enjoy your crap Town :)
TUST MEMBER
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

ROADRUNNER wrote:what an idiot this borradollar is, crawl back under your stone, we have a young player with a double fracture of the leg and your bleating on about wanting to see us get relegated, well mate think on, yes you stuffed and well done to your team, but we will be back.
:goodpost: what a tosser you are borradollar, and that starts with your user name. Maybe though that's why you are allegedly a well run club because you have borrowed a few dollars from your rich chairman who is about to pull out due to low attendances. Not surprising really the town is full of interbreds, chavs and people like yourself.
Lucy
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

and he is clearly the biggest prick of all! followed by payne.
Doverfan
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Ajala

Post by Doverfan »

Good evening gentlemen, can I first assure you I do come in peace, but equally do so to hopefully counter and offer an alternative perspective on some of the comments contained within these pages, written I am guessing at a time when passion and yesterdays circumstances took over from rationale.

If I may, let's deal first with the tackle which putting injury aside just for a minute wasn't good, and on another day I would concede a red could have easily been given and no could have argued. But to suggest as one of your posters did that Payne purposely set out to harm your lad, or as another insisted even more emotively and melodramatically that he intentionally tried to "do him" is surely an utterly ridiculous thing to say and more over the top than the tackle ever was.

Why on earth would anyone, never mind one who has previously been sent of twice want to even consider such a pre-meditated act of thuggery and against someone he doesn't even know, and more so in risking a red which would of meant him picking up a minimum of a five game ban.

I was twenty yards from it, most of your fans weren't, and yes unarguably it was a bad tackle, yes, but not an horrific one.

What was horrific obviously, was the subsequent diagnosis of Durrells injury and as like minded football supporters and I assure you caring and compassionate people to boot, does anyone on here honestly believe that anyone at Dover, from the back room staff, the supporters, players, and probably even more so now Payne himself is not as horrified and equally mortified as you guys now the full horror of the injury is known?

We are not Neanderthals, we're not thugs. Yes of course we wanted to win, like you, we always want to win, but not at any cost, and whilst we are delighted with the result, to suggest there were sections of the crowd specifically laughing at Durrells pain, even without knowing at that time the extent of his injuries is as ludicrous as it is totally subjective, and personally speaking my heart and thoughts quickly go out to him and his family.

But again, when warming down do you honestly think Payne was really laughing at Durrells misfortune, what, an hour later especially as no-one in the ground had even an inkling of the horrid severity of the incident.

Though anything is possible I suppose, and whilst not claiming to know what he found so good natured, so I won't guess, it could have been literally anything (including the simple possibility that we were 4-0 up at the time) and I would personally be mortified (and disgusted) if your assumptions were any more than that, Payney is just not that kind of person. As for warming down where he did, all our players, as indeed is the case at most clubs warm down at the side appropriate to their own dug out.

Yes he could have gone to the other end, but if he did that, you could equally argue I suppose had he done so and in doing so crossed right across your dugout where all your players and management were sitting that too actually could have been more contentious, one of those damned if you or damned if you don't moments I feel.

The only important thing is that Durell now fully recovers from this tragic misfortune and horrible injury, and can I assure you that everyone at Dover that I have spoken to is of the every same opinion and we all genuinely wish the lad the speediest of recoveries, not least that's because that's part of what being a football supporter even at arrogant, tin pot clubs like ours.

Look seriously, we know Dover itself is shit hole, we accept that (thankfully I don't live in the town) and we equally know that we are a small club, compared to some, Grimsby, Tranmere, Wrexham and yes why not even yourselves we are a very small club. Christ we have that thrown at us every time we beat a so called bigger team, it's almost as though we've committed a footballing felony and the shit we then take from their supporters who subsequently seem quite insulted about it, is relentless and surely that's arrogance>

Do Dover supporters want to see Torquay dive into the Conf South, frankly a lot wouldn't be bothered one way or another, but that had nothing to do with yesterday by the way, all we want to see is out team do well. Personally considering your recent problems, I actually would hate to see you relegated , not least because it's such a hard place to get out of, as indeed is this bloody league, so I wish you the best of luck in your last eight matches I really do.

Someone above suggested it might just be one good season for us, well actually after an appalling start, we had a great season last year as well. So yes we have done brilliantly already for to years. We don't have a great team full of great individuals, but do have a great, almost never say die spirit within the team and look what its doing for us, but next year who knows?

Deverdiks our centre mid who has been superb for us this season could be off, Payne, dare I mention him again equally so and it would be a huge loss as like him (or in your case ) or not is a great centre forward, and worse of all we fear bids coming in over the summer for Miller who has been exceptional take them out of the team (and nearly 50 goals) we could easily be at the other end of the table, which is why the last thing we would ever be is arrogant.

Again, best wishes to you for the rest of the campaign, and especially for Durrell and his speedy recovery, I promise you, no-one is laughing
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Thanks for that dover, good post but have to say borradollar is out of order, hopefully durrell will fully recover fully from this, dont want to dwell this any longer as tensions are running high, good luck to you ,
Roadrunner
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Doverfan wrote:Good evening gentlemen, can I first assure you I do come in peace, but equally do so to hopefully counter and offer an alternative perspective on some of the comments contained within these pages, written I am guessing at a time when passion and yesterdays circumstances took over from rationale.

If I may, let's deal first with the tackle which putting injury aside just for a minute wasn't good, and on another day I would concede a red could have easily been given and no could have argued. But to suggest as one of your posters did that Payne purposely set out to harm your lad, or as another insisted even more emotively and melodramatically that he intentionally tried to "do him" is surely an utterly ridiculous thing to say and more over the top than the tackle ever was.

Why on earth would anyone, never mind one who has previously been sent of twice want to even consider such a pre-meditated act of thuggery and against someone he doesn't even know, and more so in risking a red which would of meant him picking up a minimum of a five game ban.

I was twenty yards from it, most of your fans weren't, and yes unarguably it was a bad tackle, yes, but not an horrific one.

What was horrific obviously, was the subsequent diagnosis of Durrells injury and as like minded football supporters and I assure you caring and compassionate people to boot, does anyone on here honestly believe that anyone at Dover, from the back room staff, the supporters, players, and probably even more so now Payne himself is not as horrified and equally mortified as you guys now the full horror of the injury is known?

We are not Neanderthals, we're not thugs. Yes of course we wanted to win, like you, we always want to win, but not at any cost, and whilst we are delighted with the result, to suggest there were sections of the crowd specifically laughing at Durrells pain, even without knowing at that time the extent of his injuries is as ludicrous as it is totally subjective, and personally speaking my heart and thoughts quickly go out to him and his family.

But again, when warming down do you honestly think Payne was really laughing at Durrells misfortune, what, an hour later especially as no-one in the ground had even an inkling of the horrid severity of the incident.

Though anything is possible I suppose, and whilst not claiming to know what he found so good natured, so I won't guess, it could have been literally anything (including the simple possibility that we were 4-0 up at the time) and I would personally be mortified (and disgusted) if your assumptions were any more than that, Payney is just not that kind of person. As for warming down where he did, all our players, as indeed is the case at most clubs warm down at the side appropriate to their own dug out.

Yes he could have gone to the other end, but if he did that, you could equally argue I suppose had he done so and in doing so crossed right across your dugout where all your players and management were sitting that too actually could have been more contentious, one of those damned if you or damned if you don't moments I feel.

The only important thing is that Durell now fully recovers from this tragic misfortune and horrible injury, and can I assure you that everyone at Dover that I have spoken to is of the every same opinion and we all genuinely wish the lad the speediest of recoveries, not least that's because that's part of what being a football supporter even at arrogant, tin pot clubs like ours.

Look seriously, we know Dover itself is sh*t hole, we accept that (thankfully I don't live in the town) and we equally know that we are a small club, compared to some, Grimsby, Tranmere, Wrexham and yes why not even yourselves we are a very small club. Christ we have that thrown at us every time we beat a so called bigger team, it's almost as though we've committed a footballing felony and the sh*t we then take from their supporters who subsequently seem quite insulted about it, is relentless and surely that's arrogance>

Do Dover supporters want to see Torquay dive into the Conf South, frankly a lot wouldn't be bothered one way or another, but that had nothing to do with yesterday by the way, all we want to see is out team do well. Personally considering your recent problems, I actually would hate to see you relegated , not least because it's such a hard place to get out of, as indeed is this bloody league, so I wish you the best of luck in your last eight matches I really do.

Someone above suggested it might just be one good season for us, well actually after an appalling start, we had a great season last year as well. So yes we have done brilliantly already for to years. We don't have a great team full of great individuals, but do have a great, almost never say die spirit within the team and look what its doing for us, but next year who knows?

Deverdiks our centre mid who has been superb for us this season could be off, Payne, dare I mention him again equally so and it would be a huge loss as like him (or in your case ) or not is a great centre forward, and worse of all we fear bids coming in over the summer for Miller who has been exceptional take them out of the team (and nearly 50 goals) we could easily be at the other end of the table, which is why the last thing we would ever be is arrogant.

Again, best wishes to you for the rest of the campaign, and especially for Durrell and his speedy recovery, I promise you, no-one is laughing
Thanks for the post, you had no obligation to. However, it's a shame others on your 2 page analysis of the match contradict your comments. That's what's worrying and infuriating.
Lucy