Torquay United v Southport

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

5 minutes of injury time. Knew it.
jackgladman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by jackgladman »

Please please please
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

WE ARE OUT OF THE RELEGATION ZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by madgull on 19 Mar 2016, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

That was a nerve wracking last 10 minutes, out of the relegation zone, absolutely brilliant.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

FT 1-0
brilliant!!!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

wivelgull wrote:I was at three games against Southport in the 60s (in 1963 and 1965). Unfortunately I expect our run to come to an end. Thus:
TUFC (0) 0
Southport (2)
Att: 1404.
There will come a time when the glass is really half empty, thankfully not today. Wrong on both counts.
TUST number 080
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

What Nico has done is absolutely incredible and i'm surprised the magnitude of what he is responsible for hasn't been more highlighted.

Kev Nicholson - well on the way to becoming a TRUE TUFC legend, a legacy that Chris Hargreaves threw away.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IN SUNSHINE!!!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Forgettable match with little to warm me up until the goal. I was just wondering what our record for 0 - 0 draws is as I couldn't see one coming as Southport were resolute in defence just as we were lacking in ideas. Then came a bit of a mix up between Cameron and, I think, Allen. That was enough to put Southport's defence slightly out of position and Toby was fed for a run in. He slipped it out to Butler who took a few more paces forward before sending a low cross in for Blissett to stick out a very long leg!

Southport then looked like creating something as Westcarr gave them some space up front but our luck held. We could even have doubled the score at the end as Iffy was put free on the break but the final ball was not great.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yorkieandy wrote:What Nico has done is absolutely incredible and i'm surprised the magnitude of what he is responsible for hasn't been more highlighted.

Kev Nicholson - well on the way to becoming a TRUE TUFC legend, a legacy that Chris Hargreaves threw away.

:goodpost:
Andy :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Last 8 league games: W5 D3 L0 F9 A3. 4 successive clean sheets. A few more goals would have been nice, but I've a feeling they will come. Our next 3 games are against top-half teams, but we need fear nobody now.
:scarf: :scarf:
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

The best worst game I've been too! All about the result...a game best watched on ceefax.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

It was a game we would have lost before Christmas boring game but great win. McDonald outstanding with Smith a great pairing. Thought Richards should have come off as he's off form. The best part of the game was our goal and we beat quite a good side today.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yorkieandy wrote:What Nico has done is absolutely incredible and i'm surprised the magnitude of what he is responsible for hasn't been more highlighted.

Some people said quite a while ago they thought he would prove to be a good manager for us and would pick things up once he had a chance to ship out the deadwood. Can't think who though :~D
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

I agree with Nicholson's comments on Radio Dreadful " we will never speak of this game again" !!!

A very difficult game to watch.

The goal was the only highlight.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Another joke of a ref graces the pitch.

Southport constantly and deliberately fouled a player with no intention of going for the ball

1 min of added time in the first half and somehow 5 in the 2nd

Also last mention for number 8 for southport - a horrible player, delighted hes on the losing side