Aldershot v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Halifax winning 4-2 at Nantwich Fairhurst scoring after 20 mins.

Halifax play 2nd Leg next Sat so maybe they will be thinking about Wembley when they come to Plainmoor on Tuesday evening!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Just got in.

A few observations.

Football is now a non contact sport, Ref was terrible, every time someone fell over it was a foul, and seemed to give more to the shots than us.

Terrible football by 2 poor teams.

Our new goalkeeper, very good, distribution was excellent, his throws accurate and fast, always looking to find a quick outlet.

Now I don't know what the law is but Im fairly sure you are not allowed to hold someone locked up against their will. Tried to leave 2 minutes early and the idiot stewards wouldn't let me leave. One person trying to leave 2 minutes early. If I want to leave after 1 f*cking minute I f*ucking will. So they let me out after arguing with them. Ridiculous!
TUST MEMBER
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Never looked like winning, so a point will do.

New keeper was superb
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

First half we looked the better team but second half they did.
We lacked creativity going forward and Aldershot had a worrying amount of space when attacking towards the end.
So happy with a point, especially having seen the other results.
And the new keeper was excellent.

Great support, in both noise and numbers.
325 was the second largest away support at Aldershot this season - only Woking down the road took more.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I will take that - another game unbeaten. If Blissett returns soon and we got away with no injuries we will be in a good position.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Nicho has turned up trumps again getting a good keeper in.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

How good is the new keeper in comparison to Lavercombe, are we going to have or want to have a selection dilemma in a few weeks time, will we want to keep him more than a month?
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

standupsitdown wrote:First half we looked the better team but second half they did.
We lacked creativity going forward and Aldershot had a worrying amount of space when attacking towards the end.
So happy with a point, especially having seen the other results.
And the new keeper was excellent.

Great support, in both noise and numbers.
325 was the second largest away support at Aldershot this season - only Woking down the road took more.
Torquay fans are a credit to the club. I think most chairmans in the league will want us to stay up for financial reasons.
Lucy
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

I'll second that Lucy. The exiles and the travellers supporting the Gulls are doing a fantastic job.
BobBobBob
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by BobBobBob »

It was probably a point gained rather than two lost. I agree with the comments about the ref, he started the game quite well but the number of free kicks he dished out in the second half was absurd. We dominated the first half, but didn't really penetrate them enough. The second half was more scrappy and we lost impetus after our substitutions, which I found disappointing. It seemed like Aldershot were set up like an away team looking to catch us on the break for much of the game, which I suppose makes sense given their previous result. I feel like we lacked the necessary cutting edge up front to win the game. Hopefully Blissett will be back soon.

The new goalkeeper was very impressive. I think he appreciated the "U-S-A" chants. It must be the first time those chants have ever had context! Great support all game.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

It's another point gained on Altrincham, Boreham Wood, Guiseley and Halifax (who were involved in the Trophy) and we didn't lose ground on Southport so a good day all in all. Still 11 matches to go ..... Another battle on Tuesday night.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

chunkygull wrote:How good is the new keeper in comparison to Lavercombe, are we going to have or want to have a selection dilemma in a few weeks time, will we want to keep him more than a month?
I was sat pondering that exact thought today too!!

I can't see it myself, but if he does turn out to look better than Lavs, will Nicho try and to extend his loan (not sure if you can extend an 'emergency' loan?) or will he keep the faith with Lavs who hasnt really put a foot wrong??...
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

The good thing is that we won't have to rush Lavercombe back if Moore does settle. We're still in the loan window, so would be able to extend it for another month and the season ends on April 30th.

I would hope we would take the same course of action if (when) MacDonald gets his 3 game ban for 15 yellows. All the games are too important now to take any risks, so it almost needs to be one out, one in for any major injuries.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

A terrible game of football, both teams looked poor with nothing up front. We looked more dangerous in the second half with Iffy, but Ajala was poor. Andre wasn't effective, we're missing Bliss so he can get back on the wing. Moore had a superb game, if he keeps playing like that and we are able to extend his loan, I can't see Lavvy getting back into the side!

Brilliant atmosphere by the Torquay fans, totally out-sung a surprisingly quiet Aldershot crowd.

Everyone get to Plainmoor on Tuesday, biggest game of the season!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.