Aldershot v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Richinns wrote:Lavercombe out for three weeks. Emergency loan of a goalkeeper now essential. We cannot take a chance on Fisher.
We agree on something!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Excellent preview Dave. Just wanted to say best of luck for this game and fingers crossed. COYY!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Yorkieandy wrote:Excellent preview Dave. Just wanted to say best of luck for this game and fingers crossed. COYY!
You will know only too well that it has never been easy supporting Torquay Utd ! Take last Saturday - 2 - 0 up against Kidderminster at half time, should have been 4 - 0 - totally in control of the game - Kidderminster pull one back early in the second half - the game changed - they got a second - we scrambled a fortunate third near the end. 2000 Torquay fans left the ground jibbering wrecks. But Nicho's battlers are pulling us through.

The bad news, Andy - if we do stay up, it's beginning to look as if we'll be playing York again next season ...... unless York can go on a run like Torquay. Your interest in the Gulls and good luck is welcome. :scarf:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

tomogull wrote: You will know only too well that it has never been easy supporting Torquay Utd ! Take last Saturday - 2 - 0 up against Kidderminster at half time, should have been 4 - 0 - totally in control of the game - Kidderminster pull one back early in the second half - the game changed - they got a second - we scrambled a fortunate third near the end. 2000 Torquay fans left the ground jibbering wrecks. But Nicho's battlers are pulling us through.

The bad news, Andy - if we do stay up, it's beginning to look as if we'll be playing York again next season ...... unless York can go on a run like Torquay. Your interest in the Gulls and good luck is welcome. :scarf:
I've not watched York since November Tomo, Same issues as Torquay had. Clueless board with heads up their arses not giving a stuff about fans. Saw it coming 6 months ago so stopped wasting my money. I don't 'support' anyone now. Just go whatever game I like out if interest.

York council have completely bodged up the planned building of the new stadium which the current board hoped the club would be in by now. Not even started yet. More delays, more hold ups. Bootham Crescent soon won't fit football league safety criteria etc, not sure if it's actually next season in fact but regardless, the board won't and don't have the money to waste on Bootham Crescent anymore. Some York fans are even questioning whether the board want the club relegated so that the ground will be ok in the national league and they can bide their time in there until (IF) the new ground ever gets built and they can then try and get out of the national. Which will be impossible.

Nah, just another load of people running a football club lying to fans (in my opinion). Don't need it anymore really so i'm just off on my travels enjoying games and not getting involved with one club and yet more disingenuous people who don't know how to communicate and be honest. Are there actually ANY clubs out there that run with the dual aim of sustainability and community/fan consideration? After all, ultimately you can't have the first without the second - as some clubs will soon find out to their detriment in the near future when technology and a raft of other interests reduce fan numbers, especially the younger generation. Those kids who reach the age when they have to pay full adult price and think "WHOAHH!!!! NO WAY JOSE!!". Those parents of toddlers who for example want to take their 3 year old to York and it's £12.

Fans MUST come first and they MUST be integral to the very core of the running of a community football club. The likes of Liverpool and Man Utd can get away with it but York, Chesterfield, Rochdale and even a lot of Championship clubs who find themselves enduring decades of failure on the pitch simply cannot afford to disregard their local community with silence, arrogance and high ticket prices.

Hopefully Torquay can pull of the greatest of great escapes and then learn lessons from the recent past and make the transition to a brighter and more connected future with those fans who matter.

3-0 Gulls!

Hope you get the win today anyway and COYY!!
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 12 Mar 2016, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Why not come over to Whitby this afternoon, Mr. Yorkieandy? We have a six-pointer relegation battle against Colwyn Bay. It's a nice sunny day and you will enjoy the town and might (I stress might) see some decent football - and a long hoped-for Whitby win!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

I know its a bit early but has anyone a good link for radio commentary this afternoon. one that works.. last week was a bit of a farce. with BBC constantly dropping out
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Gullsplayer links BBC Radio Devon. Of course, it costs money.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Glostergull wrote:I know its a bit early but has anyone a good link for radio commentary this afternoon. one that works.. last week was a bit of a farce. with BBC constantly dropping out
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/35749110 - comes live at 2:55.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Thanks Yellow4life. Gratefully received.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Todays Chosen Men........

26Moore
3Butler
29Berry
16Richards
5MacDonald
18Smith
10Racchi
25Verma
4Rees
12Harrad
28Wright

Substitutes
1Fisher
7Allen
14Ajala
19Chaney
22Gerring

COYY!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

wivelgull wrote:Why not come over to Whitby this afternoon, Mr. Yorkieandy? We have a six-pointer relegation battle against Colwyn Bay. It's a nice sunny day and you will enjoy the town and might (I stress might) see some decent football - and a long hoped-for Whitby win!
Been Whitby loads of times Wivel and the ground too. Used to work outside Great Ayton and live near Pickering. Whitby is my favourite place on the east coast.

As for today all you can say is keep it going Nico and show everyone.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

wrexham 1 - 0 boreham wood

Added in 10 minutes 6 seconds:
Barrow 0 - 1 Altrincham
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

some sloppy defending from us at the moment....
Moore in goal sounds solid....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

St James park is on fire! Match has been halted and players, press and everyone on the pitch!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

HT 0-0
sounded a bit scrappy...

TUST Member 468