Torquay United v Kidderminster Harriers

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It is nonsensical to suggest as you did that people who criticised the club are not real supporters when people were just speaking the truth. There were over 2000 in the ground yesterday.

That's why it was important that we turned around our form and pretty damn quick. You harp on about the board having "nous" - well why on earth are we still turning up for vital away games in a bloody minibus then?

This is nothing short of pathetic really - whats happened to Truros coach?

We need to sort this out and quick.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Thoroughly enjoyed 75 mins of yesterdays game but really worried during the 45th and 60th mins when we seemed to lose control completely.
Smiths winner may well have been disallowed earlier in the season when you are on a downward spiral but thank god it stood.

I was called out by Madgull but I stand by what I said which was "when were the board going to plan for the next league down?"
At that point we looked doomed, now we look more confident, no doubt due to the current run but also some experienced players.

Two things also from yesterday :

Credit to the referee who had a really good game.
Last 10 minutes some of our lads looked dead on their feet and with the backlog of games they will need managing carefully.

Good luck to the Board, Nicho and all the players and staff.
We have got to a position where we now have hope, lets complete the greatest Houdini show ever.

And also lets get another 100 or so there on Tuesday. Ignore the Prem primas and the Champs or Europa League on the telly.
Get to Plainmoor - TUFC needs you far more.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

As usual brucie is right; I agree with stefano too.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Yep, thought we were done for a few weeks ago. What's happening right now is quite unbelievable and I'm loving every bit of it. I'm still there with the drum and the support yesterday after our third goal was superb. I truly think we have the potential to stay up now, it's a funny ol' game!

If we stay up I will propose to Nico and lick his face.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Nico had a dream
12 points off safety
He had no money so he bought the players for free
With Gus at the back
And Bliss in attack
We're Torquay United
We're on our way back!
Du du du du du du du du du
(Repeat)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Nico had a dream
12 points off safety
He had no money so he bought the players for free
With Gus at the back
And Bliss in attack
We're Torquay United
We're on our way back!
Du du du du du du du du du
(Repeat)
Love it!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

This was a very entertaining game and in the first half we completely outplayed Kiddy and should have been 4 - 0 up at half time.

In the second half when Kiddy moved Whitfield the no 14 into a central role they looked a completely different side. On the radio Nico did not acknowledge that the change of formation was the factor which changed the game but I think it did bring about a massive improvement in the Kiddy side which had been so outplayed in the first half.

Although we were slightly fortunate with the winning goal we deserved to win this match and full marks to Nico as the team is now playing with a tremendous spirit and it is clear that Nico has now got a team prepared to give their all to save the club from relegation.

It was very heartening to see a gate exceeding 2000 for only the third time this season and if we keep winning surely we can beat our best home gate of 2066 way back in August.

Braintree on Tuesday will be a severe test as they have only conceded 26 goals in 34 games. However they dont score too many just 41 in 34 games.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:The question on the mind of all supporters right now is surely:

Can we?
Will we?

Make the playoffs....

;-)

:lol: :clap: :lol: well maybe next year lol
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Anyone know if/when there will be a video of the goals from yesterday? Something the club needs to work on next season.

Added in :
Anyone know if/when there will be a video of the goals from yesterday? Something the club needs to work on next season.
TorreQuay
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by TorreQuay »

drummergull90 wrote:Anyone know if/when there will be a video of the goals from yesterday? Something the club needs to work on next season.

Added in :
Was wondering the same thing, still can't find anything for the goals at Macclesfield last tuesday night, after BBC's shocking coverage(or lack of it).
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

High lights:

If link doesnt jump to right moment its 7.45 in
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Lavercombe's starting position doesn't look quite as bad as I thought in the heat of the moment. Think Gus should have done better with the initial challenge. Lavercombe can't really start from a step back as it would have opened up the other side of the goal for a much easier header.

Ball definitely hits smiths hand, but arm is down by his side and hits him after someone is whacking the ball about a yard away from him. Not deliberate so not a foul, but obviously incredibly unlucky for Kidderminster. But then you get that sort of luck if you're determined to get something on the ball.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

I agree. The slomo looks bad but as said above, he was right on top of the ball
TUST number 080
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

An observation after Saturday's match. Nicho was obviously delighted, and probably relieved, at the end of the match and joined in the players celebrations of course. But did you notice that he then left the players and went over to the Kiddy fans and clapped them? To me, that's the sign of a true sportsman. Well done to Kev - he's a good bloke. :clap:
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Having seen the Youtube highlights, am I the only one that doesn't think Smith's goal was a handball? I can't see where that would be in there - just looks like he stabs the loose ball home. Looked legit to me (not entirely convinced that Rees' initial effort didn't cross the line at some point as well).

The first Kiddy goal looked worse than it did on first viewing though.........