Macclesfield v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get in there! Come on you yellows! Well done to all involved. :clap: :scarf:

All I can add is -

(8) You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....). (8)
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

That's a brilliant result. We needed a run of wins to get back in to it, and we're now back in touch with the teams above us. Keep this run going for a little while longer and we'll be overtaking a few.

Kidderminster at home now absolutely massive - a great chance for 3 points but they'll be fighting for their lives as well.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Full Time THANK f*** ,

Well done Kev you picked the right team again mate
:goodpost: Dave.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Excellent result - didn't see this type of turnaround coming.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well - I did say that Blissett was going to be a key figure in the coming weeks. Those who were laughing at him against Welling are looking a bit stupid now.

What a priceless three points that is. From looking down and out we look like we have a live chance now. The big worry now is the weather for Saturday but surely a bigger crowd is now ensured if its on.

Its imperative that we don't pick up many injuries now because this team is looking good enough to stay up.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Great result guys!!! Maybe, just maybe we could do this!!!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Oblivion!!!!
markypoos77
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markypoos77 »

Youuuu beauty!!!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Nathan Blissett could have found his home he's going to get confidence from this game. Well done everyone! :keepie:
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Third from bottom now.

Five points from safety + a game in hand.

Only 28 points from the play-offs.

COYY

Added in 4 minutes 40 seconds:
brucie wrote:Its imperative that we don't pick up many injuries now because this team is looking good enough to stay up.
The last couple of games we could have reduced our GD to 0.

This team is good enough to win the league :nod:
TUST member 200 ;-)
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The club needs to advertise Saturdays game on the RADIO,TELEVISION papers and around the BAY as supporters have given up on the club and need a push to make the effort to get there. AS THE CROWD NEEDS TO IMPROVE. BUT IT WILL TAKE A BIT OF EFFORT TO GET THE CROWD BACK.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Gullscorer wrote:Nice to see you're taking your medications again Brucie.. :)
I actually like this 'new' Brucie :)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I venture to suggest, if we had been fortunate enough to have this team since the beginning of the season, we could have been in a play-off position now. Well done, Mr Nicholson and all the players. :-D

A timely lesson, perhaps: a few games ago, Kidderminster won three in a row.. :-/

BTW, I expect us to substantially improve our goal difference on Saturday, in front of a large crowd.. :scarf: :scarf:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Great result tonight. We can now begin to believe the unbelievable. After the Gateshead home defeat, I posted that I didn't think Nathan Blissett would add much to the team. I'm glady eating my words. His goals have gained us six valuable points and as Brucie posted, he gave the Welling defence a whole lot of trouble last Tuesday. One match at a time as they say. No doubt there will be disappointments along the way (that's football) but the light at the end of the tunnel is now much brighter than it was before the Boreham Wood game.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

That's another cracking result. Must admit I doubted Blisset as well after seeing his initial performances, but he's proving many wrong, including supporters of clubs he'd been at prior to us, 3 straight wins, still a mountain to climb, but we've given ourselves a big chance of climbing it now. COYY :scarf:
Formerly known as forevertufc